DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

He has several; magic, kryptonite, red sun/solar energy are the first that come to mind.

I know he does...

What I’m saying, in these nobody can stop Superman arguments, it always seems like he has none...If that were the case then a universe like that would be, well boring...

Plenty of ways to stop Superman and rightfully so...Have to keep the readers coming back...

This is all due to his portrayal in BvS. Batman wasn’t the smartest person in the room, as he should’ve been. Instead he was some old drunk hot head with a hard on for aliens. There should always be an allure to Batman that he’s one step ahead of every situation. By the time JL came around his eyes were growing big and he was stunned by damn near every situation to the point where he was ready to kill himself as a plan :lol: :smh:

Batman in the Justice League from the Timm universe>>>>>>>

That’s how he needs to be portrayed. He was always the smartest one in the room.

I'm so numb to the poor decisions with DC as of late, it doesn't even phase me. They have legitimately caused me to not care about another Batman movie... I'm not even excited to think about the possibilities or casting, I just have zero faith it's good or consistent.

I thought Affleck could have been fine, but he was wasted on bad movies, writing, action, everything.

Early Betting Odds For Ben Affleck's THE BATMAN Replacement

Given the popularity of Batman, it probably won't surprise you to learn that Irish bookmaker BoyleSports has started accepting bets for who could be the next Bruce Wayne in Reeves' The Batman.

7/2 Armie Hammer
11/2 Jake Gyllenhaal
13/2 Jon Hamm
8/1 Michael B. Jordan
8/1 Ben Barnes
9/1 John Krasinski
10/1 Jamie Dornan
16/1 Josh Brolin
16/1 Matthew Goode
16/1 Chris Pratt
16/1 Michael Fassbender
16/1 Chris Pine
18/1 Ryan Gosling
33/1 Leonardo DiCaprio
33/1 Idris Elba
50/1 Keanu Reeves
50/1 Daniel Craig
50/1 Colin Farrell
50/1 Tom Hardy
50/1 Chris Evans
100/1 Cillian Murphy
100/1 Ewan McGregor
100/1 Henry Cavill
100/1 Hugh Jackman

Nah, they need to stop trying to make Armie Hammer happen.

After overlooking that list I like Jamie Dorman for the new Bats.

Don't think they'll get someone in their mid 20s like they should 8d theyre going opposite of old Bats

Bale and Keaton are obviously one and two for their Batman Movies...Arguable as to who’s 1 and who’s 2...I’ll say Christian Bale’s Bruce Wayne carried his movies...His Batman was ehhh...Reverse that for Keaton...

That’s the problem with Batman / Bruce Wayne...It’s basically three separate characters...

~Bruce Wayne~ Wholly traumatized by his parents being killed, and in turn is completely mentally damaged and full of rage...He’s very self aware, to the point that he knows acting on that rage is totally insane...

That angst and mental damage leads to ~The Batman~ which is a way for Bruce Wayne to act out that rage and subconsciously try and stop the death of his parents even though he never can...This is a man who literally dresses up in this nightmarish costume to inflict terror and pain on criminals...He creates this persona because any normal person would acknowledge these types of actions as being out of control...It let’s Bruce Wayne think he’s normal when he knows he’s absolutely not...

Bruce then tries to counter the extreme persona of The Batman by going to the opposite end of the spectrum in creating ~ The Public Bruce Wayne ~...Billionaire playboy...This subconscious ideal that’s been planted in his mind...He justifies it as a way to keep The Batman’s true identity a secret, when in reality it’s him realizing how insane the idea of The Batman is...It’s a coping mechanism...

Finding an actor who looks the part is one thing...Finding an actor who can play three separate personalities is a whole different story...I mean Bruce Wayne, the person, is basically a split personality...

Just by reading all that y’all know who my pick for the role would be right?

Interesting take.
Always thought it was just Bruce Wayne (billionaire playboy) + real identity Batman

so if they want to make a new justice league team forgetting bats and supes who would be in it? :lol:

aquaman wonder woman and???

Damn that age range seems very tight...

Early 30’s maybe? Not sure how young they mean when they reference a younger Batman...

Back
Top Bottom