DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

I never bought Ben as Batman. He was overly brooding in all his Bruce Wayne scenes and too much of a brute as Batman. Batman is more swift and cunning, almost like stalker/serial killer. And then outside of the suit he’s charming and endearing as a front. Part of Christopher Nolan’s genius is that he understood Batman so much he saw him in Patrick Bateman which is SPOT ON.

Got invited to watch Shazam Saturday. I dont think I'm under any embargo so I'll tell whatever if you wanna know.

I never bought Ben as Batman. He was overly brooding in all his Bruce Wayne scenes and too much of a brute as Batman. Batman is more swift and cunning, almost like stalker/serial killer. And then outside of the suit he’s charming and endearing as a front. Part of Christopher Nolan’s genius is that he understood Batman so much he saw him in Patrick Bateman which is SPOT ON.

exactly.. dude was way to swole for the role

batman is about brain and skill, that's why when it comes to JL i wanna see bats/bruce portrayed like he is in the animated movies.. smartest guy in the room and they can even do the "doom" movie where that backfires because he has a plan and has been doing homework on the other members and it actually builds that contention with batman and the group, so an old man batman works eventually down they decide to do the dark knight returns (that's wayyyyy down the road)

but batman aint winning no straight up fist fight against anyone in the rest of the league.. dude uses brain and skill

exactly.. dude was way to swole for the role

batman is about brain and skill, that's why when it comes to JL i wanna see bats/bruce portrayed like he is in the animated movies.. smartest guy in the room and they can even do the "doom" movie where that backfires because he has a plan and has been doing homework on the other members and it actually builds that contention with batman and the group, so an old man batman works eventually down they decide to do the dark knight returns (that's wayyyyy down the road)

but batman aint winning no straight up fist fight against anyone in the rest of the league.. dude uses brain and skill
Odd, as I think Ben was right on track to being THE BEST Batman ever. IMO.

Odd, as I think Ben was right on track to being THE BEST Batman ever. IMO.

and to me, he looked more like batman in the accountant than actually in BVS or JL

considering superman's speed and what appeared to be ben's lack of ability to turn his head right or left in that costume, made it laughable to me

if ben affleck is really 6'4 dude gotta be walking around at like 240ish buffed up like that and it doesnt look like good weight

whereas with christian bale or even tom hardy when they buff up, you can see those guys carrying the weight better.. like that scene when dude was running was even awkward, like those buff dudes in the gym who's range of motion is shot

Run1.gif

it still exist but on the backburner if that makes sense

right now they are doing movies without connecting it to each other but they could still put them together in the future

thats why the next batman film might be in the 90s so that it could still fit in with batflecks timeline

Titans is a separate universe from the movies just like the cw shows
Basically they still don't have one person in charge that can make a shared DC movie universe work.

Bale's Batman was weak too. Noon stopped caring about that portrayal after Begins.

Cool thing?

Most people liked his bat.. they just knock Snyder

But to me, the approach was wrong on many fronts

Dude needed to be more like the town

Eh, Batman isn't suppose to be all action.

Watching him kill all those guys was satisfying for other reasons but it sure as he'll wasnt earned to me even with the understanding of the context.

All the Batman portrayals havent really fulfilled the full potential of Batman as comic fans know it and that might be unfair but for me I'd at least like the closest adaption of the animated series. That Batman had it all.

And even before achieving that, a lot of the downfalls in portrayals is writers/directors losing sight of the character of Bruce Wayne.

Every movie Batman has had glimpses of great portrayals of both Bats and/or Bruce. I feel Keaton probably was the best overall.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom