DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

The meme specifically said , slavery.

However, the idea that there all of these superheroes around and horrible things are allowed to happen is an issue that plagues all of their stories.

Black Panther addressed this issue, but it was still jacked up that Wakanda sat back and let millions of Africans be stolen into cross Atlantic slavery.

This is one of the issues I have with that dumb *** ending to Lovecraft Country. So, Black people have magic, but all these horrible things will continue to happen to us? What kind of magic is that?

I’m a Black woman, ain’t nothing convenient about that.

At least Wakanda gave some type of explanation as problematic as it is,.Wonder Woman cared enough to fight in world wars but couldn't take on KKK members like Black Panther did in the original comics. You mean to tell me the AmazonianS didn't know what was going on on earth prior to 1918? :lol:

2:33 mark :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
either way you cut it, that's such a ridiculous character. :rofl:

land sharks.jpg
They really ripped of TMNT w/ some corny *** sharks :lol:

The continuity issue squarely falls on Patty Jenkins shoulders.

Because she introduced Diana in 1984 it opens up Pandora’s Box regarding her lack of involvement between the war and the early 80s, as well as her lack of involvement between the end of WW84 and Doomsday.

Understanding where WW was during the MOS fights is now Patty’s burden to bear, which she a) clearly didn’t think about or b) just didn’t give a **** about explaining to the masses.

Wonder Woman jumps at the opportunity to run down petty thieves in a mall in ‘84 but puts up an OOO during Zod announcing to the world he was gonna burn that **** down till he found Kal-El? **** outta here.

I mean BVS created a huge mess

an unnecessary mess

patty got way too much credit for what I thought was at best an OK movie in WW

ww84 to me was here without training wheels.. with first WW she was just coming from marvel and had Snyder doing the action.. ww84 was her

but only 2 DCEU movies are relatively clean, MOS and shazam.. if you don’t factor in other movies could add aquaman

I thought Patty or somebody said after the debacle of BvS they were messing with a loose continuity.

Snyder locked characters in to certain places for their sequels or debuts so they just acted like it didn't happen.

Patty at first was trying to WW84 isn't a sequel to WW. So I'm not even sure she agrees that it takes place on the same earth where JL happened.

Same thing with Aquaman. I mean the heroes know each other now but they aint like JL happened.

I just finished Synders cut and yeah.

The flash was annoying in this one, whereas in the og movie he was annoying w/ charm. The toned Aquaman down which is odd b/c he was the best thing from the og version. WW isn't good enough of an actor to have had that much dialouge. My opinions on Clark & Bruce haven't changed much, and I like how they factored in Cyborg. Should've told his story in solo film, but at least his story was actually told this time.

They need to chill on a multiverse concept pass this movie b/c they aren't good enough to incorporate it and it shows b/c WB has already made their take on it confusing.

i liked the trailer but i also like the trailer for the 1st one so
the jokes just seemed bland.
The og Suicide Side trailer might be the best trailer I've ever seen. That's what sold the movie.

Is this the first time we’ve actually got a date on this movie since it was announced like 8 years? :lol:

Rock been cast as Black Adam since his 30s.
This is a real fact

**** is crazy. Mans almost 50 meanwhile RDJR being Iron Man and defining an era of superhero movies.

Lol, I don’t think Black Adam is gonna save the DCU or World of DC movie films.
No chance.

The Rock probably just happy its actually happening so he's over hyping the **** out of the movie.

Master Zik Master Zik
Personally I think he's a raging egomaniac! never been a fan.
hope the franchise tanks.....being honest.
I dunno, I was and always will he a huge The Rock fan just off the days of the WWF. Was a fan even the few times he turned heel and was a straight up jackass. Maybe it's nostalgia but at the least I can say that was his best acting role in his entire career. Sort of how other actors get defined by a tv role.

I can't really call him one of my favorite actors since he's transitioned full time to movies. I'm still a fan of him but like I've said many times his movie choices haven't been the best for him to even to excell at what he's best at. He's stretched his range though.

I haven't been following him that closely either so I couldn't call it if he is just a raging egomaniac :lol: I can totally see why some may think that but I aint sure. I don't even watch those Fast & Furious movies even though he's in it so its kinda like w/e for me now.

He only got like a decade or so of acting left so he's gonna keep trying to get that big hit. I don't think he can thrive in the old man action genre like others have so maybe its best that the rumors are true and he goes and runs for president.

Yeah Rocks movie career has been kind of underwhelming.
I think he does best when he does stuff like his roles in Be Cool/Pain and Gain because he usually plays the same character otherwise.

I'm cautiously optimistic about seeing The Rock as Black Adam. It has the potential to be either really good or terribly bad. But i'll give him a chance and plus I like the actors they have for the supporting cast.

Back
Top Bottom