DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

I get not liking the decisions WB has made with the DCEU & its characters. Definitely understandable.
But some of you sound you like you dont like DC characters period.

i wish disney would just buy dc movie rights

only fitting they own the two greatest super heroes in the world

From an optics standpoint...yea not a good look for DC. In all honesty tho, were y’all really looking forward to those two movies, especially knowing the hamstringing the DCEU brass does to its Directors creatively?

They need to get their tentpole properties in order first before they start exploring more risky, obscure/offshoot stories.

From an optics standpoint...yea not a good look for DC. In all honesty tho, were y’all really looking forward to those two movies, especially knowing the hamstringing the DCEU brass does to its Directors creatively?

They need to get their tentpole properties in order first before they start exploring more risky, obscure/offshoot stories.

why are we assuming they hamstring directors?

historically it seems they have allowed directors to kinda do their thing

the studio has just made poor choices AND then tried salvaging things recently after colossal failures

snyder for example played a HUGE role in his own demise leading up to justice league.. he had multiple opportunities to secure his position before then

the only director I feel really didn’t get a fair shake was david Ayer.. but he seemed like a poor choice form the jump and no one should be thinking the suicide squad should be dealing with that level of threat

but given the various versions weve seen for things, would seem that directors have some level of freedom

whether it be tim burton to Joel schumacher to Nolan and then to snyder who got to do some unconventional things (like an older Batman and Batman killing Superman in the 2nd movie)

id argue dc directors have more freedom than marvel directors on things.. MCU has a plan and also a vision and directors have to come in and flow within that (see Edgar wright).. but Todd philips had freedom to do his thing, even if it wouldn’t work in a world with a Batman or having the other DC heroes

DC brass always step in when they think the movie going to be trash. They let Snyder rock with MoS and BvS. Immediately went in to damage control with every movie they had planned since; SS, WW, JL, all that Flash movie turmoil (fired actors, directors leaving, etc.), Batffleck, and they handled Shazam a specific way.

It took letting Wan rock with Aquaman for them to let up. Then they made Birds or Prey. So it's like they interfere too late and the movie is trash, they let the director rock the movie is trash, they micro manage the movie turns out mediocre at best.

While directors have had more freedom when it doesn't work the exec backlash has been swift and fierce.
we knew damn well they werent really bout to make a Trench movie :lol:
Cyborg vibes all the way :lol:

i wish disney would just buy dc movie rights

only fitting they own the two greatest super heroes in the world
:lol:

I get not liking the decisions WB has made with the DCEU & its characters. Definitely understandable.
Yeah I grew up with BTAS, STAS, JL & JLU. I want the dc movies to be good. It’s why I watch them hoping they will be good but WB keeps doing weird things. New Gods could have been dope. Seeing Granny Goodness, Scott Free, BIG ****ING BARDA. SMH

Last edited:
The current DCEU characters they have now? Hell no I don’t like them. We have Superman who doesn’t want to save the world, idiot old Batman, and WW who came off the worst comic book movie maybe ever all things considered. Also have annoying flash, batborg, and aquabro

No thanks, try again

Aye I just finished Snyder Cut recently lol

Lowkey I see why they’re rebooting, it was some corny *** parts on there :lol:

Maybe it’s bc I watched the 2017 one. The unseen stuff works to explain a lot that the 2017 one was missing but it’s still kinda corny.

I don’t know what the hell that Knightmare scene was. :lol: shoulda ended it with Lex and Deathstroke.

Why was Bruce’s voice chopped and screwed like OG Ron C

They updated BvS so that the imax scenes are now in 4:3 as well :lol: :evil:

B201C13C-28C3-46A0-9429-4790671BD291.jpeg

It's a good thing that he spoke out about whedon and wb higher ups but is ray fisher gonna be fighting against them for the next few decades? I doubt wb bosses are gonna fire themselves.

Imagine WB execs using zacks daughters death as the best Time to push him out to bring in whedon who everybody universally hated and ruined the movie

It's a good thing that he spoke out about whedon and wb higher ups but is ray fisher gonna be fighting against them for the next few decades? I doubt wb bosses are gonna fire themselves.
It’s up to ATT. The execs at WB clearly ain’t it but as you said, you don’t get rid of yourself.

Back
Top Bottom