DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Something has to be up with the rights.

Cuz when I think about it, none of the comics adapted for tv have been through Warner Brothers. Preacher was on AMC. Lucifer is/was on Fox and Sandman is gonna be on Netflix.

its probably one of those things where DC might not own all of it and if they werent going to do something, they option it out and Y:TLM seems like a projects thats been slated for a while so Fox probably got their hands on distribution rights before Disney acquired them

maybe WB/DC got first dibs but if they have no plans, they can option it out?

my memory is a bit murky on the Static Shock details but wasnt it similar where if WB doesnt do anything with it then they would have branched out?

1626548422620.png

1626548464828.png

its probably one of those things where DC might not own all of it and if they werent going to do something, they option it out and Y:TLM seems like a projects thats been slated for a while so Fox probably got their hands on distribution rights before Disney acquired them

maybe WB/DC got first dibs but if they have no plans, they can option it out?

my memory is a bit murky on the Static Shock details but wasnt it similar where if WB doesnt do anything with it then they would have branched out?
Static comes under Milestone I believe which is still DC controlled. If I remember correctly some of the original creators (r.i.p Dwayne Mcduffie) wanted to take the brand/properties elsewhere but DC shut it down. They've relaunched the comics over at DC in a season format.

I'm surprised with all of properties they are mining someone hasn't tried to adapt The Invisibles. I remember outside of the Frank Miller and Alan Moore stuff, Invisibles was looked at as one of the best works of the modern era.

Comic Fatigue could become a thing but even outside of the cape and mask thing…there are so many stories to mine entertainment. Vertigo, Dark Horse, etc.

Feel like they could have still done riddler in the 3rd movie with bane..

riddler wasn’t going be much of a physical threat anyways..

Yes but not with that plot.

The Riddler is the type of guy that would occupy all of Batman's mental. That aint going down with a financial crisis, the police force driven underground, the city closed off to the rest of the country, and a ****ing nuke involved :lol:
I remember PSH rumored as the Penguin too, not sure if before or after the release of TDK tho.
Another great gone too soon.

Drug addiction a *****.

probably had to do with the story

riddler would have been hard to fit in the league of the assassins plot

story they had was trash..

but I could see a scenario like with hush animated movie where riddler is just creating a ton of chaos and using other villains

Maybe that explains why DKR started strong but ended strangely and abruptly. Their rewrite or whatever happened just did mesh well. The potential was there

Weird that JJ and Coates are doing a black Superman movie while MBJ is specifically doing a Val-Zod black Superman project for HBO Max.

MBJ even comments not knowing what JJ is doing.

my guess is the race-bending Supes isnt gon happen and they'll prioritize MBJs version once that gets moving especially if MBJ says he'll star in it

Back
Top Bottom