DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

They do tend to do it but I doubt WB got JJ amd are paying Coates to write a movie that's never going to get made just to make a different version of MBJ agrees to star in it.

As far as I know the one JJ and Coates are doing isnt a race bending Superman as in a black Clark Kent. Feel like they're either making up an original character or are doing the Val-Zod thing too.

all reports are a black Clark Kent and thats why theres some backlash and also part of the reason MBJ wants no involvement in it

A recent editorial penned by Jamie Broadnax for Black Girl Nerds provides some context and prompted Collider to do some digging, as Broadnax's sources told her that "Jordan has not wanted to engage in conversations about racebending Kal-El for the same reasons many of the fans are pushing back on the current Warner Bros. re-imagined version of Clark Kent, but that he would be interested in engaging on a Black Superman project centering on the Val-Zod storyline."

especially after he had to change the name of his current liquor venture for cultural appropriation, he doesnt want to deal with those issues again anytime soon

WB has a habit of hiring writers to come up with something and then not do with them, JJ's company is just involved with a lot of WB/HBO Max right now so whatever their writing could be put on the wayside, like i vaguely remember the GL tv series being under Bad Robot too but now that its filming its under Berlanti so I wouldnt be surprised if the black supes idea gets bounced just like his original Superman films from like a decade ago

nothing will surprise me these days though so two black superman and then cavill getting the boot isnt gon shock me one bit

all reports are a black Clark Kent and thats why theres some backlash and also part of the reason MBJ wants no involvement in it

A recent editorial penned by Jamie Broadnax for Black Girl Nerds provides some context and prompted Collider to do some digging, as Broadnax's sources told her that "Jordan has not wanted to engage in conversations about racebending Kal-El for the same reasons many of the fans are pushing back on the current Warner Bros. re-imagined version of Clark Kent, but that he would be interested in engaging on a Black Superman project centering on the Val-Zod storyline."

especially after he had to change the name of his current liquor venture for cultural appropriation, he doesnt want to deal with those issues again anytime soon

WB has a habit of hiring writers to come up with something and then not do with them, JJ's company is just involved with a lot of WB/HBO Max right now so whatever their writing could be put on the wayside, like i vaguely remember the GL tv series being under Bad Robot too but now that its filming its under Berlanti so I wouldnt be surprised if the black supes idea gets bounced just like his original Superman films from like a decade ago

nothing will surprise me these days though so two black superman and then cavill getting the boot isnt gon shock me one bit
I find it surprising Coates would even try to pen a black Clark Kent.

Nobody wants that unless again they're basically just making a new character with the same name.

Movies are way harder to get made than a series, I foresee the MBJ thing being finished way before JJ even gets started

Happy 70th Birthday to Lynda Carter.

a4189e2410faec253c13dff3a4a6219d.jpg

636422281925372056-WONDER-WOMAN-TV-strip-17.jpg

lyndacarter-wonderwoman-gettyimages-476459818.jpg

overcompensating after all the racism going on behind the scene surfaced from cyborg

thats why almost all the new b-characters castings are minorities

Has to be a black bruce wayne / batman so the internet goes into a full meltdown.

word lol.

but yea I'm with blastercombo blastercombo , make something that slaps. already.

also side rant..

wats good with the rock? mans is gassin up black adam like that film about to be next level. like bro idc how much vascularity i can see on screen cuz u workout 22hrs a day. DC already violated with SS, JL, WW2 and much of BvS.

talkin bout the DCEU bout the change forever...bro how? lol

i don't wanna hear any of that. even with what gunn did in the MCU, i still have reservations on TSS....which if anything allows me to be pleasantly surprised.

like my guy...be easy. hobbs and shaw was a sat night TNT vibe at best.

aight. done.

Last edited:
thats what you pay the rock for, hype things up and market the hell out of your film/projects

he’s smart enough to know he can make money off of it unlike some actors who doesnt want to do press and such, he embraces it

thats what you pay the rock for, hype things up and market the hell out of your film/projects

he’s smart enough to know he can make money off of it unlike some actors who doesnt want to do press and such, he embraces it

ONE MILLION SOCIAL MEDIA FEE WTF LMFAO

Back
Top Bottom