Dead Malls aka When malls were poppin'...

Literally wish some of the malls around here would get abandoned. 

Real estate is way too hot tho. Every mall in town is getting redesigned so that they can move the big outdoor parking lots underground, and sell the parking lot space for highrise condos.

Donald voice * have you seen the plans for Brentwood and lougheed...its a total disaster* (local malls)

They are putting 21 highrise buildings at lougheed alone

Id rather see few dead fish and a ghost mall by far....

It's a mall close by me which is going this route. It's not obviously noticeable yet but once the Nordstroms in the mall by me moved out, traffic went down a bunch and the place looks much more empty.

all true...

i only go to the galleria because my lady works there but it still packed all the time
business is thriving there.  gotta homie working at gucci who makes a **** load of money 

We need a real Mall in Katy man. The outlet is not going to cut it :lol:

I got 3 within 10 minutes of my crib, 6 within 15-20. I still go once a week to browse sales. I remember we had a lock-in in the mall back in like 4th grade.

I got 3 within 10 minutes of my crib, 6 within 15-20. I still go once a week to browse sales. I remember we had a lock-in in the mall back in like 4th grade.

No **** *****. Yall aint got **** but crackheads and cats robbin other cats for eyeglasses.

i remember going to these malls growing up, and they are either gone or slated for redevelopment as other things...

White Flint Mall, Bethesda, MD (demolished)

Ballston Common Mall, Arlington, VA (will be redeveloped as Ballston Quarter)

Evergreen Plaza, Evergreen Park, IL outside of Chicago (being rebuilt as another mall)

also Laurel Mall in MD (which has since been redeveloped as Laurel Town Center)

Last edited:
Being from Killeen,TX whenever our mall didn't have anything, me and my then gf, now wife, would drive to Austin for one of their malls, Highland Mall, Highland used to be the ****. It was wayyyyy better than the mall in my city. I think they let the Austin Community College use some of the dead space.

View media item 2240503

Brah I used to go to White Flint Mall constantly from the week I moved to the US, in 1999, to when I left MD in 2012.

That joint when from being packed constantly to being straight up dead except for Cheesecake Factory, PF Changs, and Dave and Busters.

Laurel Mall was the same story, but worst.

Last edited:
Dadeland Mall is the one by me that's usually pretty active. They've been renovating different parts lately and keeping it fresh.

Sunset place is a shell of itself, and its only good for the gym and the movie theater.

Brah I used to go to White Flint Mall constantly from the week I moved to the US, in 1999, to when I left MD in 2012.

That joint when from being packed constantly to being straight up dead except for Cheesecake Factory, PF Changs, and Dave and Busters.

Laurel Mall was the same story, but worst.

Where you from originally

Sharpstown Mall in Houston is a damn flea market now.

West Oaks Mall is hanging on by a thread

The Galleria is still poppin

Memorial City is my go to Mall because it's closer and has the stores I frequent

Katy Mills is an outlet Mall....it's ok. I live right in front of it, and still go to MC/Gallo more [emoji]128514[/emoji]

I feel like the Galleria will never go dry :lol: :lol: I don't even consider that a mall really. Sharpstown has always been :rolleyes to me even in it's heyday. Almeda Mall used to be my spot, now i just go there cause that's where the only Champs I know of is, and for Great American Cookies. Malls in general just seem to be a thing of the past as the years go by. Some of the different business that open up in there just don't last long.

Side note: McCain(?) Mall in Little Rock sucks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom