dealing with a woman whos addicted to pain killers ..... wont end well i know

i have been with this chic for over 6 years and last 2 years she hurt her back, had surgery and hasnt been the same since. tried a few oxys and roxys and got hooked. i never took it that serious cause i was naive to the whole pills thing and didnt really consider them a drug,boy was i wrong smh. this chic has secretly lost all her savings and is now trying to get money out of me. anyone ever deal with a situation like this?

Never have dealt with a situation like this before, but if I were you I would try to help her out. I mean, you've been with her for 6 years, OP. Obviously there are feeling there. She needs to go to rehab quick and realize she has problem.

Popping pills are no joke.

Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio

Never have dealt with a situation like this before, but if I were you I would try to help her out. I mean, you've been with her for 6 years, OP. Obviously there are feeling there. She needs to go to rehab quick and realize she has problem.

Popping pills are no joke.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

i have been with this chic for over 6 years and last 2 years she hurt her back, had surgery and hasnt been the same since. tried a few oxys and roxys and got hooked. i never took it that serious cause i was naive to the whole pills thing and didnt really consider them a drug,boy was i wrong smh. this chic has secretly lost all her savings and is now trying to get money out of me. anyone ever deal with a situation like this?

yeah i dealt with a similar situation, my girl ended up dieing from an o.d. the whole pill thing is kinda crazy, the bottom falls out out of nowhere. pm if you need to holla @ someone.

You gotta stay by her side man, it's really not her fault. 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by cocotaso1

Originally Posted by jthagreat

6 years? yea you gonna have to stick around and help.

it aint that easy homie. some folks cant be helped.
truth is i dont think she wants any help. its messed up if i kick her out my life but i cant relate to that pill stuff. she cares of nothing but them pills

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Originally Posted by cocotaso1

Originally Posted by jthagreat

6 years? yea you gonna have to stick around and help.

it aint that easy homie. some folks cant be helped.
truth is i dont think she wants any help. its messed up if i kick her out my life but i cant relate to that pill stuff. she cares of nothing but them pills
thats why you gotta get her some help w/ rehab.  learned about addiction and its no joke man best of luck to you

I'm going through a divorce right now stemming from addiction. Tomorrow would have been 8 years together. Started out as alcoholic and cocaine. Over the years the cocaine was replaced with Xanax, Ativan and Klonopin. No matter how much you want to make things work, support them, help them get sober if they don't want it it'll never happen. You'll become codependent and lose yourself in the chaos. Addiction is so sad but only the addict can make the choice to change. I'm on my phone or I'd type more. Good luck op. If you want or need to chat hit my PM.

How she hurt her back though?

My back is on ache. I hurt it playing ball the other day.

I hate pills but this pain is intense.

I got several family members on pills and it's no joke..Give her one serious shot at rehab and if she won't go or doesn't make a true effort then you need to move man..The thing about addiction, whether it's "legal" pills or coke or alcohol, is it not only drags the addict down but it takes you down too..You'll start to spend all your time/money trying to help this person out that your own life starts to pass you bye..I truly wish you the best of luck and I hope she gets her life back..

btw, how exactly did she hurt her back and what is wrong with it?..I ask because I just had my 4th spine surgery in May and I've had to use all kinds of different medications to help with pain/nerve damage/muscle spasms..

Take her for rehab right away. Those pain killers are no joke and the quicker you take her in for help, the less suffering both of you will have to go through. Good luck bruh.

OP I feel you. It's a tough situation when you love the person and know that YOU can't help them unless they wanna help themselves. The thing is, she needs you now more than ever. There's a difference between being a positive support system and allowing her to bring you down with her...offer her help getting treatment, listen to her, ask non-confrontational questions, etc. But always make sure she knows you're on her side.

I have a couple uncles who have had drug problems since I was a kid. I've seen a lot and dealt with a lot so I can relate to you and your situation...if you need someone to vent to, ask questions, whatever don't hesitate to hit me up

why isnt there more awareness being brought to the dangers of prescription drugs? yet theres plenty of anti-mary propaganda to be found 
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

I am a recovering addict PM me for info

Suggestions. She needs to attend AA/na meetings opiates withdrawal you won't die but it's literally a week of he'll. But with support it's possible, but rehabs the best option, also if she won't commit, she won't change till she's ready. And if I was in yor shoes I'd take a break with her until she hits her bottom

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

why isnt there more awareness being brought to the dangers of prescription drugs? yet theres plenty of anti-mary propaganda to be found 
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

i havent read up on it, but huge companies make these pills....money over everything.
there is a little awareness with the whole get rid of your prescription pill stuff...not enough

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

eyes.gif
eyes.gif

Seriously. This thread got really serious really fast. OP, I say try to help her. Do what you can, but keep in mind, like someone else said, you can only help her if she wants to help herself. Get her to want to help herself first, and go from there.

Good luck.

quick update she broke up with me last night and told me that she will never stop taking them. i wish i could have known of the dangers of this sooner so i could have helped,sucks cause she used to be a good person. she pawned the ring i got for her to get high and took 5 g'z out my bank account without my permission. i also have a feeling she might have met a dude that is doing drugs with her since i haven't herd from her since last night. 

Originally Posted by INS

Too bad Billy Mays isn't alive. Pills are no joke

2a91l50.gif

OP,

At this point, the only money you should be spending on her is to get her treatment.

Im curious tho, was she prescribed a strong dosage from the start or was it a gradual increase in uptake?

Damn homie. Yeah, that's how addiction goes sometimes...I know it hurts to seemingly have the person you knew and care about die (went through something like that when my girl got locked up for armed robbery out of NOWHERE a few years back...found out she had been cheating on me with a dude that was helping her set ppl up and all that) but this is possibly for the best. It seemed to be a serious relationship, so at least you found out before you got married or some %%#$. Best to just let that go.

Keep your head up, bro...hit me up if you need some semi-related insight.

Back
Top Bottom