Dear Gentry,

Dear Gentry,

I hope the holiday season finds you and your loved ones well. This is a hectic time of year and I appreciate you taking the time to read this note. I will domy best to keep it short. The end of the year is often a time to reflect on the past year and plan for the next. It is clear you and your colleagues at theJordan Brand have been hard at work planning the upcoming XXIII release. Rest assured it is a hot topic of conversation in the shoe community right now andpeople are very interested to see what many feel is going to be a very interesting shoe with forward-thinking technology. In addition, the Countdown Packs areset to begin releasing. As with the XXIII, these packs are creating quite a stir in the sneaker community right now. For older collectors like myself, this isan opportunity to get some of the shoes from our youth and wear them again and I find that premise very exciting.

Of course, there has been a lot of speculation as to what colorways will be included in the packs. People are holding out for their personal favorites andmaking their cases for those colorways in posts on message boards and sharing what little information is known to date. I trust you and your colleagues willmake decisions that will make collectors happy and I am anxious to see the final product.

As you plan for the release of all of these shoes, I would like to ask that you consider making the XXIII and Countdown Packs available to those of us who wereinvited to join Flight Club. The fact that we were invited by you to join an exclusive club carrying exclusive Jordan Brand shoes and gear indicates to me thatyou feel we are a special portion of the market that has earned the right of access to special offerings from Jordan Brand. There are many of us who do notlive in major metropolitan areas and have a great deal of difficulty getting some of the limited release products. For example, in order to get the DMP I hadto drive 2 hours south of my home, camp out, buy a size that was not mine, ship my pack to Ohio + $50 for an exchange to my size, and pay return shipping formy size 12s. I ended up spending about $100 extra in gas, shipping, and fees in order to get my shoes. That I did it should illustrate how important collectingis to me. Surely there are others who have had similar experiences in the past.

In closing, I ask that you consider my proposal; make the XXIII and Countdown Packs available to the loyal Jordan Brand customers who are a part of FlightClub. At the end of the day, we are all just shoe geeks and all we want is access to our chosen vice in life: Air Jordans. I am confident members would beforever grateful and would make plenty of happy purchases if they were given the opportunity. I know I would. Please slip this present into our stockings thisyear!

Thank you for your time in consideration of this proposal.

Sincerely,

James W. Hamilton III

I don't agree. (Partially because I'm not part of flight club)

The DMP was limited, and I think these aren't, just as the BMP. So no need to worry about getting them or not. Most likely they'll end up reselling foraround retail. And what you are proposing will make them less money, which is a no-no in their eyes.
tongue.gif

EDIT*

Scratch that, these are "Limited General Release", LOL

But I still don't think it will be as bad as the DMP.

Originally Posted by MastaAce718

It will be just chaotic. If not, more.
Most Jordan releases worth getting are somewhat "chaotic". Availability is what quells some of that chaos down, and I don't know maybe itwould be a great way to reach out to people on Flight Club if they put the packs and XX3's on sale there as well as elsewhere. IMO buying a Jordan shoeshouldn't involve camping out which I have never done and do not plan to.

Dear Gentry,

You are a hypocrite. You REALLY want to keep it real for the OG's?????

GENERAL $#$%%@! REALEASE THESE PACKS so the OG's who now have jobs and families can get them without camping out or paying twice retail.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by DaBuddhaWitJays

XII/XIII*

I retracted my statement.
tired.gif

What I was trying to say was, these won't be as chaotic as the DMPs.

If you think that you got another thing coming!!! You know how many MORE people are into sneakers now then when the DMP's released??? If what dude saidwas true and Foot Lockers are only getting 12 sets per store then these are pretty damn limited so good luck to ya!!!!

But to the original post.. this was actually my first thinking when the whole Flight Club thing came about was that they were going to start releasing thepacks and other kicks on there and make it more "exclusive" I guess we will see how that all pans out but it would be nice to be able to cop them onflight club with ease if you want them. I'm just glad there are only 2 packs I will want...
roll.gif

Originally Posted by encore2007

what makes flight club members more important than the rest of us?
I doubt they would have the packs be as limited as the DMPs. The DMPs woulda been way worse if no retros came out that year
As I said above, JB must have had some criteria to determine who to invite and it seems logical that they would invite people who have made multipleonline purchases in the past (as I have). Several of those purchases were for shoes that were well above retail (laser IV, lightning pack, etc...) and JBsurely realizes that a person who is willing to spend money above and beyond normal sticker for a shoe they like is a customer worth having. That said,hopefully they will show their appreciation for our loyalty by allowing us access to the XXIII, Countdown Packs, and other limited stuff.

to make both sides happy, just release online first to flight club members,we'll pass out our extra invites
smile.gif
so dont worry. then
after a certain amount of time officially release.

Originally Posted by jumpman623

to make both sides happy, just release online first to flight club members,we'll pass out our extra invites
smile.gif
so dont worry. then
after a certain amount of time officially release.
I'd be willing to go along with that!
happy.gif

you're still lucky
Europe => no DMPs released (so I had to buy em for 550$)
=> the packs coming out in 08 retail for 300€, which is 440$ + Footlocker will only receive a lil more than 1000 packs for all the stores in
Europe
=> flight club doesnt ship outside the US

I'm just saying, with packs like this they will sell out anyhow, if they make it flightclub exclusive it will only jack up the prices. If they produced thepacks in the same numbers like the BMPs there will be plenty around cuz there arent to many people who are able to buy all the packs in 08

dear santa

red bike please

dear gentry

less colours & greater numbers please,
oh and while you're at it, tighter release schedules also. it's not nice to see a shoe and buy it not knowing what every colour and cut will look likeand then discovering that an even better colourway or low or PE or whatever is being released a month or so later and therefore loss for the buyer. whilst thebuyer could equally delay purchase until the last release but if the original was favoured and by then unachievable without a 200% mark up, then another lossfor the buyer.

dear god

more of the same stuff. i can dig it.

-r

Originally Posted by HOVKid

Dear Gentry,

You are a hypocrite. You REALLY want to keep it real for the OG's?????

GENERAL $#$%%@! REALEASE THESE PACKS so the OG's who now have jobs and families can get them without camping out or paying twice retail.

Thanks.
co sign

i dont understand why they wouldnt put the packs on Flight Club ... not tosay that they will ONLY be up on Flight Club but why not make them available ? its only gonna bring them more $$$

Originally Posted by Bo55Diesel

\The fact that we were invited by you to join an exclusive club carrying exclusive Jordan Brand shoes and gear indicates to me that you feel we are a special portion of the market that has earned the right of access to special offerings from Jordan Brand. There are many of us who do not live in major metropolitan areas and have a great deal of difficulty getting some of the limited release products. For example, in order to get the DMP I had to drive 2 hours south of my home, camp out, buy a size that was not mine, ship my pack to Ohio + $50 for an exchange to my size, and pay return shipping for my size 12s. I ended up spending about $100 extra in gas, shipping, and fees in order to get my shoes. That I did it should illustrate how important collecting is to me. Surely there are others who have had similar experiences in the past.

In closing, I ask that you consider my proposal; make the XXIII and Countdown Packs available to the loyal Jordan Brand customers who are a part of Flight Club. At the end of the day, we are all just shoe geeks and all we want is access to our chosen vice in life: Air Jordans. I am confident members would be forever grateful and would make plenty of happy purchases if they were given the opportunity. I know I would. Please slip this present into our stockings this year!

Thank you for your time in consideration of this proposal.

Sincerely,

James W. Hamilton III

Sorry to say but JB or Gentry doesn't care about you guys individually. Flight Club is a marketing move that keeps hype built around their product, plain and simple. And I know for sure they don't care about what you personally were willing to do to, or costs you incurred to obtain their product, if anything they would be happy that their marketing techniques keeps demand high. Personally I would never spend $100 and gas and wait in a line for kicksthat aren't even your size? Damn the joke is on you. JB has you and alot of people by the bullocks. Believe me I feel your pain, it's just I'mso over kicks due to this stuff in addition to quality issues. By the time the DMP released, I had already lost my passion for kicks. DOn't get mewrong, I still have my 20-25 pairs, although I haven't purchased a pair since January.

Back
Top Bottom