Dear NBA Shot Blockers...

Please watch some film of Bill Russell. Pay close attention to his method of blocking shots.

We know you love to give the fans in the 3rd row a souvenier, but let the concessions handle that. You can block shots AND start the fast break. It could even be two stats in one move. Block the shot to your teammate on the break.

It will take some time to unlearn the ridiculous fly swatting effect, but it will be well worth your time to study and practice Bill Russell's game.

Your Friends,

The Fans
TEAM CHICAGO BULLS
SIX-TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS: 1991.1992.1993.1996.1997.1998​

Quote:
We know you love to give the fans in the 3rd row a souvenier, but let the concessions handle that

Quote:
The Fans
:rolleyes
eyes.gif
Last FM​

^

word. maybe you mean the 3rd level.

..with so much personality,
what do you want from me?
i could be by myself and enjoy the company..
but i'd ratherher

A lot of the blocks could just be catches. Just stop the ball's progress and bring it down for a rebound. It still is scored as a block. It may be scored as a block and a board. Catch it if you can.
TEAM CHICAGO BULLS
SIX-TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS: 1991.1992.1993.1996.1997.1998​

All I know is that Samuel Dalembert did a good job of blocking nearly every damn thing the raps put up in the key.... and then the 4th quarter came around :lol:
laugh.gif
.:: |Team| Toronto| Raptors| ::.
.:: We Aint Scurred of the C's ::.
TEAM PRARIE BOYZ​

Every now and then it's nice to send it into the crowd if you can.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

I agree, but there is something to be said about throwing a guy's shot into the 5th row, especially early on.

i like when they block shots hard body. for example, kenyon's block last night...i dont remember against who but he swatted it against the backboard and it flew back to the free throw line...things like that make the team hyped and thus, better defense ...i see what you saying tho
You draw, better be Picasso, you know the best
cause if this is not so, ah, god bless

Blocking is not the term for what dudes do now, swatting is what they're doing.

Dude likes to make a point of emphasis to their opponents coming into the lane by swatting that @#%$ outta there.

But I see what you're sayin' and I agree though.

Zero Tolerance

Damn Josh Smith is a beast
No Chip But Philly Still Runs This $hip
City of Champions
Banned SN: limelightn5mics
Total Posts: 876

Quote:
A lot of the blocks could just be catches. Just stop the ball's progress and bring it down for a rebound. It still is scored as a block. It may be scored as a block and a board. Catch it if you can.
immagini%5Cfoto%5Csega%5CGGnbajam.jpg
:pimp:
pimp.gif

..with so much personality,
what do you want from me?
i could be by myself and enjoy the company..
but i'd ratherher

NBA Jam was the @#%$.

yea i dont like the swatting.
block it right to the ground scoop it up and roll.
TEAMATLANTAHAWKS​

Josh Smith fiends some blocks. Gotta like that.
...TEAM RAPTORS !
In Colangelo I Trust!

more impressed when a player blocks and catches the ball at the same time......rather than swatting it out of bounds and giving the team another chance..

///
TEAM LAKERS
teamdecepticon
T R A N S F O R M E R S​

my dude Kenyon Martin had a sick block off the board today though that led to a fastbreak :pimp:
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
THEFUTURE

Some times, you just gotta swat the ball to send a message that you own the defensive paint. I remember Shaq circa 2000 would some times send it into the 10th row and in most cases it worked to make the other team settle for jumpers.

In general, though the Bill Russell method of blocking is best because you get posession and may start a fast break. That type of block can back fire though, there is the chance that a soft block could led to an offensive rebound and an easy shot for the opposition.

Team Economics​
Positive Externalities Since 2005​
Official Roster: Rexanglorum, KingLouisXIV, vkhoj, SunDOOBIE, geeduptrickyG, dmxfury​
AIM: Roy Anglais

Anyone have a vid of that KG block where he wrapped it up with one hand?

How about Deng catching J-Wills shot?
TEAM BEN GORDON
"...he got changed over his change a block off Ashland

Back
Top Bottom