Dear Nike: Can you try this again and get it right this time? (Air Assault)

This was one of the biggest wastes of a retro I've ever seen.  I'd rather you not bother with the shoe than to drop one of my holiest of grails and just swap in a Jordan III sole to save production costs.  
This was the original:

eg4b60.jpg

And this is the clunks POS that we got:

nike-air-assault-white-yellow-gray.jpg

I've actually been wanting some Air Revolutions lately, wishing I hadn't passed on the retros a few years ago.

I don't know if they'll ever get back to a retro of the Air Assaults again, I just remember being so disappointed when I saw the sample pics of the last run. Cmon Nike you been going HAM on retros lately, let's make it happen.

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

This was one of the biggest wastes of a retro I've ever seen.  I'd rather you not bother with the shoe than to drop one of my holiest of grails and just swap in a Jordan III sole to save production costs.  
This was the original:

eg4b60.jpg

And this is the clunks POS that we got:

nike-air-assault-white-yellow-gray.jpg
on a technical basis, da da nike revolution/jordan III midsole was a upgrade technologywise vs da OG midsole.

i know how people feel about respecting the og aspects of a shoe, but i do like the three midsoles on them. i dont mind the og midsoles either.they need to drop these again!!!

Even if they had the correct midsole those retros were terrible quality. Nike went extra extra cheap with the production of these, those things were made with plastic.

Originally Posted by blacklion23

Originally Posted by BIGBEN1986

make them like the og, no air jordan 3 mid sole.

30t6p3b.gif
@ Nike for trying to get away with that.
laugh.gif
 Word, definitely cheaped out on this retro.  What I can't understand is how they can cheap out on a shoe like this but go hardcore on a shoe like the sky force 88
indifferent.gif

I was LIVID at the retro. That midsole was #%!#**@@.

But still picked up a pair from the outlets to hoop in for nostalgia's sake.

i mean we all know these would sit on the shelves or would be sent to outlets so why would nike spend so much production cost to satisfy small percentage of shoe collectors? i mean half of nt wouldnt even buy these..

i am one of few, but I like the visible air bubble sole better. I grew up in a era where visible bubbles was cool.

I didnt even know the solez looked like that!!! I grabbed the white black red retro, and i do like em, but yea it alwsys seemed like simething was "off" lol

I also personally think the air bubble on the retros makes the shoe look better, but I also am a big fan of 90s nike heat.

Big question I have is, did the sole crack
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by kevvv

i am one of few, but I like the visible air bubble sole better. I grew up in a era where visible bubbles was cool.

This doesn't make sense.

1. The Air Assault came out in the late 80's around the same time as the Air Revolution/3. So it's the same era.

2. The air revolution 3 sole doesn't belong on air assault sole, period. It's the same thing they do with the 2009 360 sole, by putting it on any and everything.

I don't know if it was Nike being cheap, or them thinking younger kids would think, the air bubble was "cool"

Back
Top Bottom