Death from above

[h1]Youth Killed By a Helicopter While Getting His Mail Sparks Debate About Headphone Safety[/h1]
headphone-danger.jpg
Seriouslyguys, you just can't make this stuff up. A 23 year old Canadian collegestudent was killed when a crashing helicopter struck and dragged him ashe was walking to his mailbox. Apparently eyewitnesses noticed that theyouth was completely unaware of his impending doom and a friend toldreporters that he often listened to music through earbuds underneaththe hood of his sweatshirt. Naturally, reaction was swift. If he hadnot been listening to music perhaps he could have nimbly sidesteppedthe helicopter and gone about his business as if nothing had happened.After all, this sort of crap happens everyday right?
While I completely agree that listening to music too loudly caninhibit your ability to recognize and react to a potentially dangeroussituation around you, I can't help but find it completely baffling thatthis story sparked a debate about the dangers of headphone use whilecompletely glossing over the fact that this dude was hit by aHELICOPTER. In fact, no concrete evidence was given that he was evenwearing headphones at the time. At any rate, this fiasco has reallystruck a chord with me. From this day forward I will not wearheadphones while traveling on foot just in case a meteor, satellite, orcharging rhino should be barreling towards me.

This is some real Final Destination type stuff right here, what are the chances?

Well..... at least he died a death that's unique. Final Destination stuff
ohwell.gif

RIP to the guy
tired.gif
It's hard not to make a joke right now
smh.gif

wow....thats crazy. wont be long before we see a thread pop up like "What song would u wanna die to?"

If given the chance, I personally would pick T.I. - "what u know about that"....just the instrumental tho

This gets you thinking. Whats the chance of something crashing into my house. Some things you just cant control though

Originally Posted by townlegend

wow....thats crazy. wont be long before we see a thread pop up like "What song would u wanna die to?"

If given the chance, I personally would pick T.I. - "what u know about that"....just the instrumental tho
I would go out epic, probably either Requiem for a Dream or the Ethan Mars theme from Heavy Rain.
pimp.gif

If given the chance
, I personally would pick T.I. - "what u know about that"....just the instrumental tho
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Frische Produkte

If given the chance
, I personally would pick T.I. - "what u know about that"....just the instrumental tho
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Na, All Falls Down by Kanye

i can't imagine ear phones being that good to block out the sound of a helicopter or the music being that loud. r.i.p. though...

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

i can't imagine ear phones being that good to block out the sound of a helicopter or the music being that loud. r.i.p. though...
Word, its a damn helicopter. Thats crazy to get hit by a helicopter. Like what are the odds?

helicopter propellers generate sound at such a low frequency (below 20hz), you should be able to feel it more and more the closer it gets.

If it were crashing it may not have been operating, meaning it wasnt making much noise.

Originally Posted by 1C3M4M

If given the chance
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif

I see what you did there.
roll.gif

If given the chance
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Na, Down and Out by Camron and Kanye

Originally Posted by Ouch my feet

If it were crashing it may not have been operating, meaning it wasnt making much noise.
Regardless, ITS A HELICOPTER! How can you not notice a helicopter about to crash into you. Im sorry but this is truely baffling to me.

Originally Posted by cartune

If given the chance
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif

pimp.gif
And to close the service, I'd go with Fallin' by Jay.

Originally Posted by Noskey

Originally Posted by cartune

If given the chance
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif

pimp.gif
And to close the service, I'd go with Fallin' by Jay.
Next Episode - Dr. Dre 

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Originally Posted by Defontes

Originally Posted by BG BabyGlock26

i thought this was about the band too

but for real...it is a pet peeve of mine when i see people walking around with headphones on or ear buds in...*$%+ just pisses me off

Why?
it just seems anti-social and that bugs me...

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Originally Posted by Defontes

Originally Posted by BG BabyGlock26

i thought this was about the band too

but for real...it is a pet peeve of mine when i see people walking around with headphones on or ear buds in...*$%+ just pisses me off
If people walking around pisses you off, I wonder how people who run/jog with headphones/earbuds makes you feel.
laugh.gif

JK.

Back
Top Bottom