DEBATE QUESTION, VERY INTERESTING!!!!

I have a debate for my Industrial/Organizational Psychology class in two weeks and I would love to hear some of your input. The topic is:

"An overpaid employee, relative to equally qualified co-workers, will exhert greater effort"-To re-word basically that being overpaid is a motivating factor in exherting more effort or working hard.

I have to argue against this topic so I have to prove that being overpaid is not the reason why people work hard. I am thinking that ppl work hard because they love their job, work ethics, personality, and I am looking at psych research to back it up.

My job for the debate is to ask questions to other side that is in favor of the topic. I have to ask several questions to them and I am trying to think of good questions and decided to include the niketalk community.

Please if you have any input that would help, if you can think of any question that I can ask the other side during the debate, I WOULD APPRECIATE IT!!!!

Also just leave me your input about the topic. Do you think being overpaid even though you have equally qualified co-workers would motivate you to work harder? What motivates you to work hard? Please anything!!!

-Thanks in advance

Originally Posted by jordan723

I have a debate for my Industrial/Organizational Psychology class in two weeks and I would love to hear some of your input. The topic is:

"An overpaid employee, relative to equally qualified co-workers, will exhert greater effort"-To re-word basically that being overpaid is a motivating factor in exherting more effort or working hard.

I have to argue against this topic so I have to prove that being overpaid is not the reason why people work hard. I am thinking that ppl work hard because they love their job, work ethics, personality, and I am looking at psych research to back it up.

My job for the debate is to ask questions to other side that is in favor of the topic. I have to ask several questions to them and I am trying to think of good questions and decided to include the niketalk community.

Please if you have any input that would help, if you can think of any question that I can ask the other side during the debate, I WOULD APPRECIATE IT!!!!

Also just leave me your input about the topic. Do you think being overpaid even though you have equally qualified co-workers would motivate you to work harder? What motivates you to work hard? Please anything!!!

-Thanks in advance

if i was overpaid then i'd probably assume i deserved it and wouldn't work any more harder than i already was (no *%%+).  i guess you could use sweatshops as an example like they're severely underpaid yet look how hard they work for a few extra cents, if that.  money is more of a motivational tool when you feel like you don't have enough. i'd assume an overpaid worker knows he/she is overpaid, so why would they work harder if they've already obtained more money?...

I doubt most KNOW/THINK that they are being overpaid. They might know it in the back of their mind, but they will rationalize it to the point where they believe they deserve those wages.

if you guys were debating, what questions would you ask the affirmative side about being overpaid?

Back
Top Bottom