Defining Moments, It's been 6 years

these were sick.

co-workers at footlocker all had a pair and rocked em in the stockroom.

couple dudes even had the recalled 11s with j-o-r-d-a-n on the lace eyelets. sickness

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

^^You still holdin' all that FlipJays?...
(o_O) or did you flip those jay's?

http://jamiedubs.com/****flickr/data/i%20see%20what%20you%20did%20there/web/see-owl.jpg

still an amazing pack. i planned to cop for 2 yrs when I first heard about them until they got pushed back, then finally when they dropped. I went and stood in line for like 5 hrs on january 17th, that was the day i believe, copped two pairs. i actually had to get back in line to get my 2nd pair. i then flipped that and made like 7 bills. so the pack really only cost me 5 hrs. I wore the vi's twice and the xi's once, first time being this past july lol.

Originally Posted by garylok11

Mine. =)

GReat..now i have to change my underpants. Theyre
pimp.gif

This pack holds a special place in my heart.  I was just starting to get back into Jordan's around late 07 as I had been copping skate shoes and Air Max's.  Around the time of my birthday, all hell broke loose in my life.  Mama was in the hospital, with a horrible prognosis.  My girl OD'd on horse.  Couldn't find a job for $*@^.  I was LOW, my NT brethren.  A good homie called me, said he had something for me & to roll by.  I walk in and he has 2 gold packs, hands me one, and tells me "Get me back when you can, bruh.  Know things have been rough, so I hope these put a smile on your face."   Good friends are hard to find.  
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by luxurious24

saw this pack on ebay in a size 12 for $1200, man i couldnt pull the trigger on those, would love to have them
frown.gif

You're better off buying individually. 

This pack was so stressful for me - I scheduled a day off
from work that Friday before release so I would only have one focus for the next 24 hours.

Apparently people I worked with expected me to bring the DMP in to show them
on Monday. I don't think they knew exactly what it was they were anticipating.
No way was I bringin that huge gold box anywhere at the time. So I brought
the fold-out booklet in to show em.

At work, this older guy in his 60s i guess - goes "Hey, did you get your size?"
Haven't seen him in years now, but I still like that dude just for that. Dude cared yo.

Originally Posted by thesaltycracker

This pack holds a special place in my heart.  I was just starting to get back into Jordan's around late 07 as I had been copping skate shoes and Air Max's.  Around the time of my birthday, all hell broke loose in my life.  Mama was in the hospital, with a horrible prognosis.  My girl OD'd on horse.  Couldn't find a job for $*@^.  I was LOW, my NT brethren.  A good homie called me, said he had something for me & to roll by.  I walk in and he has 2 gold packs, hands me one, and tells me "Get me back when you can, bruh.  Know things have been rough, so I hope these put a smile on your face."   Good friends are hard to find.  
pimp.gif
great-story-dvd.jpg

Long story....Went to Shoe Gallery around 4 pm the day b4 knowing the line would be crazy & sure nuff it was,so i headed to check other spots,I headed to dadeland mall & they told me I could try & camping out but it's gonna be madness,so I check Niketown & they also have a line around the corner,so it was time for me to head to work(couldn't get the day off & my paper comes first)
So my boss let's me leave @ 11pm & tells me goodluck,I head to dadeland & there's only a couple heads b4 me,or so I think,everyone tells me the police keeps trying to kick em' out & a alot more peeps are ahead of me & I shouldn't even waste my time,sure nuff they start poppin out of nowhere & tell me the same thing but I decided to stay.More heads arrive and so do the cops to kick us off the property.Eventually the foot locker employees come out & everyone tries to rush the door,so the cops kick us off the property & makes us line up like little kids,in the process people who came late end up in the front.They inform us there's only 24 packs (which really turns out to be about 20 after the manager puts a few aside for himself after he sees the madness)& that only 24 people will be let into the mall to copp,& the rest of us should go home.
I stick around for awhile but decide to go to my last resort(purchasing from athletes foot for $500).I stop @ the bank & get some more cash & head to athletes foot,when I arrive I see a small crowd when they open the doors they inform the people it's $500 & the majority of the crowd hesitates,I on the other hand tell the crowd if your not ready to purchase let the ones who are do so & get out the way,they pick me third to go in & I head home on the bus with the big gold box(everyone is staring wondering what's in he box lol).I wanted a sz 10.5 but all they had was an 11,fast forward 3yrs later & I pick up a 10.5 for $700 & another 10.5 for the same price a yr later so I decide to sell the sz 11,ended up selling both seperately for over $1000,& I'm left with my 2 unds 10.5s.

one day one day one day

for now all i want is the box the shoe's will come later

5 years ago i would have never thought i would be in to shoe's

Still remember that day like it was yesterday.....Waited outside for hours in January...in Michigan...but it was worth it.

Got two packs that day and sold one for more than enough to pay for both. Had some of the greatest Jordan's ever released for free.

prob my biggest "camp out" ever. 9 hours and ended up with 2 packs and thankfully i didn't get jacked.

terrible shoes though, the 6's felt like i was walking on cardboard and the 11's yellowed as they sat in vaccum sealed zip lock bags with silica gels. dumped them asap..at least they were good money.

Being on NT at work makes me want to go home and open up my DS pack up and gaze at the shoe for hours again! Such great quality for awesome DEFINING MOMENT shoes!

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]Man i don't even want to get into this release, one of the few times ive come up empty handed when trying to buy a hot release [/color]
tired.gif

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a DS pack real soon tho for $800 or less.[/color]

I remember waiting in line for hours and getting nothing. The employee at Sheihk Shoes in The Galleria in Houston wanted to sell me a 10.5 for $600.00. Last time I ever waited in line for a pair of jays. After this release it was all online for me when it came to copping XIs or other over hype releases. At the end I got the DMP pack for $450.00 a month after release. They're still DS.

i sold my pack from the drop date cuz i needed the cash. 2 years later, i come up on a DS pack for 125 from a fellow co-worker. nope, not counterfeit. we both worked for nike so i knew it was legit. this pack will not be sold.

Back
Top Bottom