Delete/Lock...Draft talk over in JPZ's thread....

This just in. Warriors trade Maggete and #7 draft pick to Washington in exchange for Arenas..

grin.gif

I wish OKC had gotten (WTH is gotted?
laugh.gif
) 1 or 2. I'm not a huge fanof theirs, but they have a good foundation and make smart moves. A team like that should get a break.

As far as my team (Pistons), I've seen them taking Austin Daye and BJ Mullens in mocks. Either of those picks would piss me off, but in this draft thereisn't a home run at 15.

Originally Posted by joesarge

I wish OKC had gotted 1 or 2. I'm not a huge fan of theirs, but they have a good foundation and make smart moves. A team like that should get a break.

As far as my team (Pistons), I've seen them taking Austin Daye and BJ Mullens in mocks. Either of those picks would piss me off, but in this draft there isn't a home run at 15.
eek.gif

I think a lot of people are heavily sleeping on Ty Lawson. He's kinda the forgotten man in the mix of PGs slated to go in round 1. Can't forget theimpact he had on UNC in their title run this year. He made that team go. He was WAY more instrumental to that squad than TH (no disrespect)....I wouldn'tbe surprised if he ends up being 1st or 2nd best PG to come out of this years draft class...

He should do fine but his lack of shooting/passing ability(right now) is gonna make it harder for him to attack the rim in the league

i don't watch college basketball. How good is Blake Griffin? Who does he play like? I guess only dude in this year's draft I'm familiar with isRubio because of the olympics

If the Thunder can trade the third to the Wiz for the 5th pick and McGee they should do it.

Westbrook-Harden-Durant-Green-McGee

I like that 5

From DX

Nash not in hurry to extend deal

Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic delivers news from Steve Nash's camp that should give the Phoenix Suns organization some pause in how they assess this year's NBA draft class.

Nash, 35, and his agent, Bill Duffy, have let the Suns know that they will wait to see how the Suns roster is altered before getting serious about negotiating a two-year contract extension. If and when that time comes, Duffy said Nash would ask for a raise from the current deal, which is slated to expire after paying him $13.125 million for the 2009-10 season.

"This is kind of a perplexing time because he (Nash) absolutely wants to win and he loves the (Phoenix) market but all the pieces have to line up properly," Duffy said. "We just want to wait and see what their game plan is so we can sign off on it. We respect their willingness to extend his contract but we also are very cognizant of the team dynamic to make sure it will work in terms of Steve's goals, which are to win a championship."

According to sources, the Suns were already extremely high on Syracuse sophomore Jonny Flynn, and this report today may be enough to sway Phoenix into the notion of drafting a point guard in this draft, rather than the best player available. That was believed to be their philosophy going into June, to take the best talent they can find, rather than try to fill a specific need.

The problem for Phoenix is that Flynn is no lock by any stretch to be around with the 14th pick, as teams like Golden State, Milwaukee, New Jersey and Indiana also appear to be in the market at that position. If Flynn is off the board, look for the Suns to try and target the next best point guard available, possibly Ty Lawson or Eric Maynor.

• Draft Buzz

A poll of representatives from a good chunk of the league indicates some interesting trends.

-Jrue Holiday in the words of one executive, is "moving up more than anyone in this draft" right now, and could find himself in the 6-10 range when it's all said and done. He even has an outside chance of being selected 4th by Sacramento, and he will indeed be working out there tomorrow from what we're told. New York (
glasses.gif
, Toronto (9) and Milwaukee (10) appear to be especially interested.

-The other "big riser" in this draft may be DeJuan Blair. Reports are swirling about Blair measuring a legit 6-7 in shoes (with a 7-2 wingspan) as well as losing as much as 15 pounds since arriving at IMG Academy. A slew of NBA teams have reportedly been out to evaluate him and some of the other top prospects training at the facility, and the buzz is growing around him every day seemingly. Milwaukee at 10, New Jersey at 11 and Indiana at 13 appear to be his sweet spots at the moment, and if he falls past there, he apparently will not get past Phoenix.

-Austin Daye is another player with some strong hype at the moment. "He's the most skilled player in the draft" one executive told us recently. "He's not as soft as people think. He's going to get drafted between 10 and 15. If he works out great, he may even go earlier."

Daye's upside seems to be creeping his stock closer to the lottery, as teams evaluate him side by side with some of the more mature prospects in this draft and wonder if what you're seeing with them is all you're going to get. "There aren't that many players in this draft with star potential," one scout told us. "He looks great in workouts, but is that really a surprise?"

-Players who appear to be tallying off a bit in terms of their draft buzz include James Johnson ("out of sight, out of mind," one executive says), Jeff Teague and especially Earl Clark, who teams are beginning to get cold feet about as they conduct more and more research. DeMar DeRozan has been difficult to pin down for workouts (oddly demanding to compete against James Harden, or else…) and Tyreke Evans for some reason is still interviewing agents at this late stage in the game.

-Patty Mills is awaiting paperwork from the NCAA that will give him clearance to attend the Reebok Eurocamp in Treviso without affecting his ability to return to St. Mary's. Since the camp is not a sanctioned event according to the NCAA, Mills will likely have to reimburse Reebok for his travel expenses should he decide to pull his name out of the draft. It appears likely that he will play in Treviso, which should give the camp a major boost.

Another prospect who will add experience and depth to the camp is French combo guard Nando de Colo. According to DraftExpress columnist Joey Whelan, who is writing a feature on De Colo for this weekend, he was extended and accepted an invitation to the prestigious event this week.

-A few potential second rounders who have reportedly been strong in private workouts according to reports we've received from teams and other draft prospects in attendance include DeMarre Carroll, Dionte Christmas and Joe Ingles. Danny Green is being mentioned by some as a second rounder who could work his way into the first round.

-The Chicago Bulls are reportedly heavily shopping Tyrus Thomas around the league, trying to see what kind of value they can get for him after the solid season he's coming off of. It appears that they don't see him fitting into their long-term plans as he's too similar to Joakim Noah, and they aren't interested in giving him a long-term deal that would put them over the luxury tax. It's possible the Bulls look to package Thomas and Hinrich together and land a big time power forward.

-A number of teams are already reportedly sending out feelers indicating that they would like to acquire a pick in the late first round-including the San Antonio Spurs, Houston Rockets and Toronto Raptors. A few teams that are rumored to be looking to trade or sell their picks are the Oklahoma City Thunder (#25), Minnesota Timberwolves (#28) and New Orleans Hornets (#21).

Link

The Thunder is expected to make a play for Griffin, using the third pick and one of their young core players (Jeff Green or Russell Westbrook) as bait for the top overall pick

lets take out the fact that the clippers said they would pick Griffin already

RW,the 3rd pick and the 27 for Griffin? if lets say thabeet was a sure thing i would do that trade but he is not so NOPE

RW is not a shooting guard right now, if he can get a jump shot then maybe cause u can run him off screens and so on but right now he needs the ball in hishands.

Two league sources said the Wizards and Thunder already had discussions about a swap of the No. 3 pick for the No. 5 pick and the Wizards' 2008 first-rounder JaVale McGee.
if that is true the Thunder better do that trade NOW. McGee runing the floor with those guys
eek.gif
sick.gif

Thunder would have a steal if they deal for the 5th and McGee.

Lawson is too north-south and cant run a half court offense. at least to me.

im just happy my clips finally won something this yr!!! and blake an eric gordon are gonna kill it next yr

Originally Posted by chillainvillain

I wish OKC had gotted 1 or 2. I'm not a huge fan of theirs, but they have a good foundation and make smart moves. A team like that should get a break.

As far as my team (Pistons), I've seen them taking Austin Daye and BJ Mullens in mocks. Either of those picks would piss me off, but in this draft there isn't a home run at 15.
eek.gif

chuckster.jpg

They got their break in 2007.
laugh.gif

As for the Thunder getting McGee and the 5th, that would be solid. The Wizards would really believe in Thabeet that much to give up all that though? I'mhoping Memphis can somehow get a mid first rounder to go after Blair. I think this guy is going to be a beast to deal with in the league especially sincehe's already losing weight.

The NBA draft lottery threw a number of NBA teams and agents for a loop. As we noted Tuesday, some teams will have awkward fits if they draft the best playeravailable on the board.
Look for lots of trade talk and positioning during the next few weeks.

Here's a look at some of what I heard from NBA teams and agents Wednesday …

lac.gif

• Clippers general manager and head coach Mike Dunleavy was pretty clear that the Clippers will take Blake Griffin with the No. 1pick.

"Clearly, we're taking Blake Griffin," Dunleavy told the Los Angeles Times in a telephone interview from Barcelona, Spain. "This guy isthe No. 1 pick. We're extremely excited. He's the guy."

So what about all those rumblings that Dunleavy has a crush on Ricky Rubio?

I think he still does.

Although I have no doubt the Clippers will take Griffin at No. 1 if they keep the pick, a number of NBA GMs said they believe the Clippers will be open tooffers for the No. 1 pick -- especially if they can secure the services of Rubio in the process.

A number of GMs continue to insist that the Clippers want to move Baron Davis and might be open to moving the pick to Memphis or Oklahoma City if either is willing to take on Davis' contract as partof the deal. Both teams will have the cap room this summer to make it happen.

However, Clippers president Andy Roeser told me at the draft lottery that the rumors about moving Davis are bogus. I guess we'll see in the comingmonths.

mem.gif

• As I first reported Tuesday night, the Grizzlies are strongly leaning toward selecting Hasheem Thabeet at No. 2.

The reason?

Several sources told me that owner Michael Heisley loves Thabeet. He wants the team to be tougher defensively and thinks Thabeet would give it theshot-blocking and size it desperately needs.

I'm told that the rest of the Grizzlies' front office is partial to Rubio, but as we've seen the past few years, Heisley runs the show inMemphis.

okc.gif

• Look for the Thunder to be pretty active in trade discussions with the No. 3 pick. They like Rubio, but if they draft him, they'll have to moveRussell Westbrook to the 2-guard position. I talked toThunder head coach Scott Brooks on Tuesday, and he said that although he believes that Westbrook can play the 2, Westbrook wants to be a 1.

I think the challenge is that Westbrook is most effective when he has the ball in his hands and struggles more when forced to play off the ball. With Rubioand Kevin Durant likely to have the ball a lot in thatoffense, Westbrook would have to make an adjustment. When you factor in that neither Rubio nor Westbrook is an accomplished shooter yet, there is an issue.

That's why a couple of teams think the Thunder might be willing to trade down in the draft. Two league sources said the Wizards and Thunder already haddiscussions about a swap of the No. 3 pick for the No. 5 pick and the Wizards' 2008 first-rounder, JaVale McGee.

The Wizards want Rubio but would settle for Thabeet if he's the one who falls. The Thunder would get a long, lanky shot-blocker in McGee and then couldget another guy they like, Arizona State's James Harden, at No. 5.

sac.gif

• The Kings hope for a miracle, but they shouldn't count on it. If Rubio were to slip to them, they would do backflips, but it really seemsunlikely.

That puts the Kings in a tough position. I had them taking Jordan Hill in my first mockdraft because Spencer Hawes and Jason Thompson could use more help up front, but that probablywon't happen.

However, the point guard need is so glaring that I think the Kings may have to reach. I think the three guys to watch are Jrue Holiday, Brandon Jennings and Jonny Flynn, in that order.Holiday flew into Sacramento on Wednesday and works out with the Kings on Thursday.

If the Kings like him, they should take him. He'll be an elite defender and could be a very good offensive player.

was.gif

• I had the Wizards taking Harden in the mock. Hill is another possibility. But from what I can gather, there's also a really good chance thatWashington will trade this pick if it can't move up to No. 2 or No. 3 to get Ricky Rubio.

The Wizards will aim for a splash in the playoffs next season, and if they could package the pick and get a veteran who could help them make a run, I thinkthey would go for it.

nyk.gif

• Rumors persist that the Knicks have promised to take Stephen Curry with the No. 8pick. I saw Knicks president Donnie Walsh at the draft lottery, and he was pretty adamant that they didn't mean to make a promise to Curry.

When Curry was going through the process of deciding whether to declare for the draft, the Knicks relayed that they liked Curry and would consider him atthe No. 8 pick. But it wasn't a guarantee. There are too many scenarios in this draft -- one of which was that back then, the Knicks didn't even knowwhere they would be drafting.

However, I don't think there's any dispute that they are big Curry fans, and if the draft goes according to form, he's the likely pick for theKnicks.

det.gif

• The Pistons also might end up trading their first-round pick. They need a forward or center, and at No. 15, there aren't many great options on thetable. At that point in the draft, point guards are the strength.

But there's another reason the Pistons could end up moving their pick. The team is trying to get around $25 million under the cap. Right now it is about$19 million under. Trading the pick would put it $20.6 million under. If Detroit can find a team interested in Amir Johnson, it would be closer to $24 million under.

That would give the Pistons enough cash to pursue two top-tier free agents -- most likely a big, such as Carlos Boozer or Paul Millsap, and another guard or forward, such as Ben Gordon or Trevor Ariza.

• Georgetown's DaJuanSummers has garnered some terrific buzz of late. He's been working out in L.A., and a number of NBA scouts have gotten word back that he'sbeen excellent in workouts alongside Wake Forest's James Johnson.

Summers was ranked in the midteens on our Big Board earlier in the season, but he struggled terribly in the second half of the season. However, scouts saySummers is bigger, more athletic and more capable of playing the 4 than they saw in Georgetown's system.

His current range looks to be No. 15 to No. 25.

• While I was in New York, I traveled east to Long Island to watch UConn's A.J. Price work out. Someterrible traffic in the area meant I got to see only around 30 minutes of the workout, but Price looks to be in great shape.

He won't be a great workout player. He's a point guard who's at his best when he's playing in a real game. But he showed off a nice midrangejump shot and a terrific stutter-step off the dribble.

His NBA 3-pointer was inconsistent, but that has been the case with every prospect I've seen on the workout tour.

• Finally, I saw Arizona's Chase Budinger at the Attack Athletics gym Wednesday, along with teammate Jordan Hill.

Budinger looks as though he's added some muscle to his frame and looks terrific in drills. He has a pretty jump shot and is an explosive athlete. Healso looked pretty good in his lane-agility drills. He's coming off his best season in college, and if he continues to get stronger, teams will feel morecomfortable playing him at the 3.

Budinger already has had a workout in Detroit and will be in Indiana on Thursday for another. There's no question that Budinger has lottery talent. Twoyears ago, we had him ranked in our top 10.

However, teams still worry a bit about his toughness. He'll have to get physical in workouts and prove that he's willing to do the dirty work. If hedoes that, he'll have a good shot of going in the middle of the first round. If he doesn't, someone will take him in the 20s

Originally Posted by chillainvillain

eek.gif

LMAO!!!

The Los Angeles Clippers are the big winners of the NBA's 25thdraft lottery, also known this year as the Blake Griffin sweepstakes.
And now that we know the draft order, let's take our first look at how the first round might go. We will have many more editions of the mock draftbetween now and the 2009 NBA draft on June 25 as the teams continue their evaluation process.

Team workouts have just begun. In the next few weeks, the Chicago pre-draft combine, the Reebok Eurocamp and hundreds of team workouts will dramaticallyalter the face of the draft.

But for now, here are our informed guesses, after talking to numerous NBA team sources, as to how the draft will play out in June:

[table][tr][th=""]PICK[/th] [th=""]TEAM[/th] [th=""]PLAYER[/th] [th=""]VITALS[/th] [/tr][tr][td]
1.gif
[/td] [td]
lac.gif

L.A. Clippers
[/td] [td]
19213.jpg

Blake Griffin
[/td] [td]Position: PF
Height: 6-foot-10
Weight: 245 pounds
School: Oklahoma[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: This is a bit of a messy scenario because the Clippers already have a very expensive power forward in Zach Randolph. Griffin isbetter, but Randolph's contract will be almost impossible to move.

Griffin has said he would make the best of any situation and would be happy in Los Angeles. But I'm not sure the Clippers' situation was exactlywhat he had in mind.

[table][tr][th=""]PICK[/th] [th=""]TEAM[/th] [th=""]PLAYER[/th] [th=""]VITALS[/th] [/tr][tr][td]
2.gif
[/td] [td]
mem.gif

Memphis
[/td] [td]
19024.jpg

Hasheem Thabeet
[/td] [td]Position: C
Height: 7-3
Weight: 265
School: Connecticut[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: An NBA source told me today that Memphis was the one team that might take Thabeet instead of Griffin if it were to get the No. 1pick -- that's how much the Grizzlies need size. So it seems likely they would take Thabeet ahead of Rubio. Marc Gasol was good last year, but he'smore of an offensive player than a defensive player.

But Rubio remains an option here, and he might be a better long-term fit than Thabeet.

3.gif
[/td] [td]
okc.gif

Oklahoma City
[/td] [td]
19272.jpg

Ricky Rubio
[/td] [td]Position: PG
Height: 6-4
Weight: 180

Analysis: The Thunder will have an easy choice here if Rubio is still on the board. Russell Westbrook can play off the ball, and he andRubio would give the Thunder one of the best young backcourts in the NBA. Neither guy is a great shooter, but they have Kevin Durant for that.

If the Grizzlies take Rubio, Oklahoma City will have a tough choice between Thabeet and James Harden.

4.gif
[/td] [td]
sac.gif

Sacramento
[/td] [td]
19174.jpg

Jordan Hill
Height: 6-9
Weight: 235
School: Arizona[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: The Kings are the big losers in the draft lottery, falling all the way to No. 4. They would've loved Griffin, Thabeet orRubio. After that, it starts to get sketchy.

Hill would give them toughness and energy in the frontcourt, and they could use that. But don't be surprised if UCLA's Jrue Holiday sneaks in here.The Kings will bring him in on Wednesday. Point guard is their biggest need and the Kings are high on Holiday.

5.gif
[/td] [td]
was.gif

Washington
[/td] [td]
19221.jpg

James Harden
[/td] [td]Position: SG
Weight: 215
School: Arizona State[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: The Wizards have to be hurting a little, falling to No. 5, but actually Harden would be a great fit. He's one of the mostNBA-ready players in the draft and would be a great backcourt mate with Gilbert Arenas.

The team will look at Tyreke Evans and DeMar DeRozan, too, but I think Harden is the obvious pick here.

6.gif
[/td] [td]
min.gif

Minnesota
[/td] [td]
19262.jpg

DeMar DeRozan
Height: 6-6
Weight: 200
School: USC[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: The Wolves thought they had filled their need for a small forward when they drafted Corey Brewer, but he has been injured and hasbeen a disappointment even when healthy. DeRozan has as much upside as anyone else in the draft -- he's an athletic marvel who can play the 2 and the 3,and he's more potent on the offensive end than Brewer.

7.gif
[/td] [td]
gsw.gif

Golden State
[/td] [td]
19261.jpg

Brandon Jennings
Height: 6-2
Weight: 165

Analysis: Drafting Jennings would be a swing for the fences by a team lacking a traditional point guard. He wasn't great in Italy thisyear, but he has all the raw tools to be a terrific backcourt mate for Monta Ellis for years to come.

8.gif
[/td] [td]
nyk.gif

New York
[/td] [td]
19087.jpg

Stephen Curry
Height: 6-3
Weight: 185
School: Davidson[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: Love him or hate him, Curry would be a good fit in Mike D'Antoni's run-and-gun offense. Curry has the two elementsessential for a D'Antoni guard: a terrific jump shot and high basketball IQ.

9.gif
[/td] [td]
tor.gif

Toronto
[/td] [td]
19259.jpg

Tyreke Evans
Weight: 220
School: Memphis[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: Evans' ability to penetrate and finish at the basket would make him an excellent complement to the Raptors'perimeter-oriented bigs. With Anthony Parker heading tofree agency in the summer, it's time for an upgrade in the backcourt. DeJuan Blair and Jrue Holiday would be goodoptions as well.

10.gif
[/td] [td]
mil.gif

Milwaukee
[/td] [td]
19263.jpg

Jrue Holiday
School: UCLA[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: The Bucks face the possibility of losing free agents Charlie Villanueva and Ramon Sessions this summer, which would leave holes at the pointand power forward. Given that, they might have a tough decision between Holiday, who has the all-around skill set to step in and play immediately, and DeJuanBlair, who could provide some real toughness on the front line. Holiday's upside combined with his defensive abilities should give him the edge here.

11.gif
[/td] [td]
njn.gif

New Jersey
[/td] [td]
19309.jpg

James Johnson
Weight: 245
School: Wake Forest[/td] [/tr][/table]
Analysis: Nets general manager Rod Thorn has said he needs a moose, and he should be able to find one atNo. 11. The Nets have needs at both forward positions and could face a tough decision between two tough guys, Blair and Johnson. In the end, Johnson'sathleticism and versatility probably would earn him the nod in New Jersey.

12.gif
[/td] [td]
cha.gif

Charlotte
[/td] [td]
19028.jpg

Gerald Henderson
School: Duke[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: Since shipping JasonRichardson to Phoenix last season, the Bobcats have needed a long-term solution at 2-guard. Raja Bell played well but can't hold down the fortforever.

Offensively, when Henderson is on, he's great. When he's off, it's ugly. But first and foremost, Bobcats coach Larry Brown should appreciatethat Henderson is a terrific on-the-ball defender all the time.

13.gif
[/td] [td]
ind.gif

Indiana
[/td] [td]
19160.jpg

Jonny Flynn
Height: 6-0
Weight: 175
School: Syracuse[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: The Pacers' biggest need is an athletic big man with shot-blocking ability. Unfortunately, none of those guys is likely to beavailable. With Jarrett Jack heading into free agency,Indiana could end up focusing on the point guard position, and it would have a lot of options.

Flynn is the hot name right now. He has the toughness and the swagger, but he would duplicate http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=1979T.J. Ford to a degree. Eric Maynor and Ty Lawson also could get a lookhere.

14.gif
[/td] [td]
pho.gif

Phoenix
[/td] [td]
19050.jpg

Earl Clark
[/td] [td]Position: SF
School: Louisville[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: Clark could be the second coming of Shawn Marion if he's willing to play hard every night. The versatile forward can play both the 3 and the 4, and he's amazing intransition, an excellent rebounder, an emerging shooter and capable of playing outstanding defense, even if he's not always inclined to do so.

15.gif
[/td] [td]
det.gif

Detroit
[/td] [td]
19214.jpg

Austin Daye
Height: 6-10
Weight: 190
School: Gonzaga[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: The Pistons will begin their summer makeover in the draft. They'd love to add a dominant low-post scorer, particularly acenter, but they aren't likely to find anyone who fits the bill.

Blair could fit because of his nastiness in the paint, but the Pistons just gave a similar player, Jason Maxiell, a big contract, and it's no secret that theyare looking long and hard at Carlos Boozer and Paul Millsap, both of whom have the opportunity to leaveUtah.

Daye could be the most talented player left on the board at this point. Adding him to the squad would be a move for the future, as he has the potential tobe great someday. He has a pure game but needs to get stronger and more assertive.

16.gif
[/td] [td]
chi.gif

Chicago
[/td] [td]
19230.jpg

DeJuan Blair
Height: 6-7
Weight: 250
School: Pittsburgh[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: I think the Bulls will do backflips if Blair falls this far. They have the athleticism of Tyrus Thomas, the energy of Joakim Noah and the skills and size of Brad Miller on their front line. If they could add Blair'stoughness and offensive rebounding, the Bulls would have an answer to every front line in the league.

17.gif
[/td] [td]
phi.gif

Philadelphia
[/td] [td]
19124.jpg

Eric Maynor
Height: 6-3
School: VCU[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: With Andre Miller hittingfree agency this summer, look for the Sixers to address the point guard position. Lou Williams is nice but not really a lead guard. Maynor wouldgive Philly the total package as one of the most NBA-ready players in the draft.

18.gif
[/td] [td]
min.gif

Minnesota
(via Miami)

[/td] [td]
19269.jpg

B.J. Mullens
[/td] [td]Position: C
Height: 7-1
Weight: 260
School: Ohio State[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: The Wolves don't have a true center, and Mullens is likely to be the best one remaining on the board. At the beginning of theseason, he was ranked in our top five, but he slipped because although his talent remains, he's years away from being ready. However, a lottery team withlots of first-round picks such as Minnesota can roll the dice and pray the gamble pays off.

19.gif
[/td] [td]
atl.gif

Atlanta
[/td] [td]
19334.jpg

Jeff Teague
Weight: 180
School: Wake Forest[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: The Hawks have blown it repeatedly when they've needed a point guard in the draft. They passed on Chris Paul to draft Marvin Williams and passed on Rajon Rondo to draft Shelden Williams. Then, two years ago, when they finally gotaround to picking a point guard, they took Acie Lawahead of Rodney Stuckey.

Although Teague isn't a pure point guard, he has one of the quickest first steps in the game and is a terrific scorer and an emerging shooter. At thispoint in the draft, he would be a bargain.

20.gif
[/td] [td]
uth.gif

Utah
[/td] [td]
18875.jpg

Tyler Hansbrough
Weight: 250
School: North Carolina[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: It feels like destiny for Hansbrough to end up in Utah. His tough, blue-collar game should work really well for Jazz coach JerrySloan. And with the Jazz likely to lose either Carlos Boozer or Paul Millsap, or both, they'll probably have a need at the 4.

21.gif
[/td] [td]
nor.gif

New Orleans
[/td] [td]
19220.jpg

Terrence Williams
School: Louisville[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: Williams is the biggest enigma of the draft. He has lottery-pick size, athleticism and skills but was very inconsistent inputting it all together in four seasons at Louisville. At this point, he would be a risk worth taking and would fill a need for the Hornets in their backcourt.

22.gif
[/td] [td]
dal.gif

Dallas
[/td] [td]
19034.jpg

Ty Lawson
Height: 5-11
Weight: 195
School: North Carolina[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: Jason Kidd will hit freeagency this summer, and there's no guarantee he'll be back. J.J. Barea was good in the playoffs, but if Kidd looks to be leaving, the Mavericks willwant a more classic point guard such as Lawson. Not only does he have the speed and perimeter shooting they crave, but he's also a proven winner.

23.gif
[/td] [td]
sac.gif

Sacramento
(via Houston)

[/td] [td]
19153.jpg

Nick Calathes
Height: 6-5
Weight: 185
School: Florida[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: Beno Udrih didn'treally work out so well at point guard for the Kings this season. It may seem odd that they would consider taking Calathes, a guy at least one GM has comparedto Udrih. But Calathes is not Udrih: He is a better passer with a quicker, more confident offensive game. He won't play great defense, but at this stage inthe draft, he'd be a good get.

24.gif
[/td] [td]
por.gif

Portland
[/td] [td]
19079.jpg

Darren Collison
Height: 6-1
Weight: 165
School: UCLA[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: Blazers GM Kevin Pritchard's perpetual search for a point guard continues. Last year, the team acquired lottery pick Jerryd Bayless, but it's pretty clear that Bayless is moreof a Ben Gordon type than a Steve Nash type. Collison's quickness, penetrating ability,leadership and defensive talent would have to intrigue the Blazers.

25.gif
[/td] [td]
okc.gif

Oklahoma City
(via San Antonio)

[/td] [td]
19171.jpg

Gani Lawal
School: Georgia Tech[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: The Thunder would love to get a true center, but no one worth gambling on is expected to be available at this point in the draft.Lawal is raw, but he's an athlete and a proven rebounder who could provide energy off the bench.

26.gif
[/td] [td]
chi.gif

Chicago
(via Denver)

[/td] [td]
nba_i_douglas_65.jpg

Toney Douglas
Weight: 205
School: Florida State[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: The Bulls face the real possibility of losing Ben Gordon this summer, and Douglas has some similar abilities as a dynamic scorerand shooter. And, unlike Gordon, he won't cost a lot of money and be discontented coming off the bench.

27.gif
[/td] [td]
mem.gif

Memphis
(via Orlando)

[/td] [td]
19026.jpg

Chase Budinger
Height: 6-7
Weight: 205
School: Arizona[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: Budinger would give the Grizzlies a player who could do a lot of the things Mike Miller did for them -- in particular, spread the floor withhis shooting. The question: Budinger's athleticism and stroke are impressive, but is he tough enough?

28.gif
[/td] [td]
min.gif

Minnesota
(via Boston)

[/td] [td]
19321.jpg

Patrick Mills
Height: 5-11
School: St. Mary's (CA)[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: The Wolves have tried SebastianTelfair and Randy Foye at the point, butneither one has fit the role well enough. Mills' quickness and floor vision should be an upgrade in terms of point guard skills, at least down the road.

29.gif
[/td] [td]
lal.gif

L.A. Lakers
[/td] [td]
19172.jpg

DaJuan Summers
Height: 6-8
Weight: 225
School: Georgetown[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: With both Lamar Odom andTrevor Ariza hitting free agency this summer, theforward position could quickly move from a strength to a need for the Lakers. Summers is an NBA-caliber athlete and an excellent scorer whose game reallyslipped toward the end of the season, as did his draft stock. On talent, though, he would rate higher, which would make him a value pick for the Lakers here.

30.gif
[/td] [td]
cle.gif

Cleveland
[/td] [td]
19234.jpg

Sam Young
School: Pittsburgh[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: Young has been terrific the past two years at Pittsburgh and should be able to come in and contribute immediately to the Cavs asan athletic scorer and defender.

Chad Ford covers the NBA for ESPNInsider

-Jrue Holiday in the words of one executive, is "moving up more than anyone in this draft" right now, and could find himself in the 6-10 range when it's all said and done. He even has an outside chance of being selected 4th by Sacramento, and he will indeed be working out there tomorrow from what we're told. New York (
glasses.gif

-The other "big riser" in this draft may be DeJuan Blair. Reports are swirling about Blair measuring a legit 6-7 in shoes (with a 7-2 wingspan) as well as losing as much as 15 pounds since arriving at IMG Academy. A slew of NBA teams have reportedly been out to evaluate him and some of the other top prospects training at the facility, and the buzz is growing around him every day seemingly. Milwaukee at 10, New Jersey at 11 and Indiana at 13 appear to be his sweet spots at the moment, and if he falls past there, he apparently will not get past Phoenix.

-Austin Daye is another player with some strong hype at the moment. "He's the most skilled player in the draft" one executive told us recently. "He's not as soft as people think. He's going to get drafted between 10 and 15. If he works out great, he may even go earlier."

Daye's upside seems to be creeping his stock closer to the lottery, as teams evaluate him side by side with some of the more mature prospects in this draft and wonder if what you're seeing with them is all you're going to get. "There aren't that many players in this draft with star potential," one scout told us. "He looks great in workouts, but is that really a surprise?"

-Players who appear to be tallying off a bit in terms of their draft buzz include James Johnson ("out of sight, out of mind," one executive says), Jeff Teague and especially Earl Clark, who teams are beginning to get cold feet about as they conduct more and more research.

Hilarious.

Every single part.

DaJuan having great workouts. NOT surprised. Dude looks like LeBron and shoots lights out.

put him on the floor for a game tho....
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

glasses.gif

-Players who appear to be tallying off a bit in terms of their draft buzz include James Johnson ("out of sight, out of mind," one executive says), Jeff Teague and especially Earl Clark, who teams are beginning to get cold feet about as they conduct more and more research.
Hilarious.

Every single part.

DaJuan having great workouts. NOT surprised. Dude looks like LeBron and shoots lights out.

put him on the floor for a game tho....
grin.gif

i dont see none of that out of the question tho expect the Daye is not soft part

Back
Top Bottom