Delivering Pizzas, advice? Vol: i need the $

I might get this job @ papa johns, delivering pizzas. Been applying at plenty of places, but no go.

So, if I do get the job, I would like to know if NT has any tips? (pun intended
nerd.gif
)

Be fast, I used to work at PJ. Make sure the people who take the orders have the correct numbers just in case you get lost so u can call the customer. Some of those lazy bastard teens dont type the right number on the printout sheet. Its difficult at first but you will get used to it. I had G in all ones one time
laugh.gif

if you want better tips eat some of the pizza before you deliver it. Customers think youre looking them out by testing the safety of the pizza.

Originally Posted by CaBron James 23

if you want better tips eat some of the pizza before you deliver it. Customers think youre looking them out by testing the safety of the pizza.

Originally Posted by SaintVitus07

Originally Posted by CaBron James 23

i love when someone tries to make a funny and fails miserably
laugh.gif

where do you live? I thought about delivering pizzas because the papa johns around my way has such a small delivery area since there is another less than 2 miles away

Just deliver with a smile, I've never done delivery myself, but I'm always nicer to the delivery guy if he's pretty upbeat and happy.

from what the delivery guys that work at a pizza place by my job tell em. dont expect a tip from rich people.

i deliver and i love it. came home tongiht with $65 in tips plus 8 an hour in wages. pretty easy job and averages out to about 12 or 13 an hour after you pay gas

I started delivering pizza as soon as I turned 18 and did so for 2 years. My first job was at a local pizza spot, so it was pretty easy to get the hang of it, and I knew my way around town by then. I don't know how Papa John's works, but there's probably not much you can do to improve your tips. I mean, they probably have way too many drivers, and everyone only takes one delivery out at a time. That means you can't string deliveries together. It just sucks when you drive 5 miles out, and the next guy drives like two streets over instead of just giving you both runs.

Anyway, what I used to do was avoid the bills that were too close to the nearest $20. If you get a delivery that's like $18.37, 9 times out of 10 you'll be getting a $1.63 tip. Also, remember who tips well and who doesn't. You don't really get to pick what deliveries you take, but if you go out on a short run, and you know a crappy delivery is about to come up, you can take the scenic route so the next sucker can get stuck with a crappy run. Oh, and always have cheese and peppers handy. People always forget to order them, but expect you to bring them anyway.

I do it, and make good money.

1. Drive safely, if you get the pizza there 2 minutes after you should you still get the same amount of tip. No point in wasting $100 on a speeding ticket.
  2. Take notice when you have "regulars". Small talk and stuff doesn't seem like a lot but customers like when they have a pleasant, familiar face. Sometimes they will go as far as to request you, other times they'll throw you a little extra tip.
  3. ALWAYS ask "how much would you like back?" puts the customer in charge of doing the math and often results in a better tip
  4. This probably isn't normal, but I carry dog treats. Kinda goes with #2, but when there's a dog outside I throw em a biscuit. People take notice of small things and while a pack of treats might cost $3 or something, you'll get tossed at least an extra $1 for being thoughtful.
Good paying job if you do it right
pimp.gif

make sure the order you are delivering matches the order on the reciept with the house/ adress.

nothing worse than finally finding a house and realizing someone made a mistake.

youre out of a tip and you might even have to go back and waste more time/ gas.

If you get a delivery that's like $18.37, 9 times out of 10 you'll be getting a $1.63 tip.
Weird....thats the exact amount we paid yesterday when we ordered pizza.

And yup the delivery person got a 20.

My ex made a lot of money delivering pizza. A dog bit him on a delivery, and he sued the owners for $15,000 after they didn't tip.
laugh.gif
Both his parents are lawyers, so he knew the deal. That was one expensive pizza.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom