DEMS EYE 10% TAX ON BOTOX, COSMETIC SURGERY

DON'T GO THERE: DEMS EYE 10% TAX ON BOTOX, COSMETIC SURGERY
Mon Jul 27 2009 17:18:00 ET

Face-lifts, tummy tucks and hair transplants could be hit with a new tax to help finance the trillion-dollar healthcare overhaul plan, CONGRESS DAILY reports.

The Senate Finance Committee has discussed imposing a 10% excise tax on cosmetic surgery deemed unnecessary for medical purposes.

DON'T GO THERE: DEMS EYE 10% TAX ON BOTOX, COSMETIC SURGERY
Mon Jul 27 2009 17:18:00 ET

Face-lifts, tummy tucks and hair transplants could be hit with a new tax to help finance the trillion-dollar healthcare overhaul plan, CONGRESS DAILY reports.

The Senate Finance Committee has discussed imposing a 10% excise tax on cosmetic surgery deemed unnecessary for medical purposes.

DAILY's Peter Cohn reveals: The idea was broached in a meeting with OMB Director Orszag in mid-July, after which Senate Finance Chairman Max Baucus told reporters he had heard some "interesting," "creative," and "kind of fun" ideas.

When will it stop? Why does the government feel they have the right to tax anything they want?

DAILY's Peter Cohn reveals: The idea was broached in a meeting with OMB Director Orszag in mid-July, after which Senate Finance Chairman Max Baucus told reporters he had heard some "interesting," "creative," and "kind of fun" ideas.
I find it very disturbing that the phrases "interesting, creative and kind of fun", are being used when discussing new ways for thegovernment to seize funds.

indifferent.gif

where can i read up on what their plan is exactly for healthcare?

if they tax this does that mean it will be covered by insurance? i'm a lil confused...

Originally Posted by tylerdub

When will it stop? Why does the government feel they have the right to tax anything they want?
what do you think they are gonna do? the current administration has spent so much money they HAVE to tax EVERYTHING ... they wont stop, becausethey have people under the impression tha this spending is needed ... its just all downhill from here, be prepared ...

they gonna start taxing everything watch ... you wont even be able to watch tv for extended periods of time pretty soon ...

Back
Top Bottom