Detroit Pistons @ PHX SUNS Sunday 12:30 NBA on ESPN on ABC on HDTV

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

^
laugh.gif
he set himself up with that one.

roll.gif

laugh.gif
Why yall arguing with that clown about Marion? This dude posts the one poor performance he's had since he got to Miami, and tries to refute thatpiss-poor logic when it's thrown back in Kobe's lap...
smh.gif
Some people...

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

I'm not trying to bash Kobe but what do you mean he didn't have to play? According to that statline he played 40 minutes

He reinjured his pinky before the ASG in this game if you guys dont remember. But his team blew out the NJNs at the half....3rd it was in thefridge,...Phil loves to put his stars in blowout situations to point out that bench players aren't playing D and to keep a structure on offense. Like lastnight against the Clippers was another example.

Kobe dislocated his shooting hands pinky finger in the second quarter against the New Jersey nets on tuesday night. He played the rest of the game but waslimited to 6 points.

After the game he commented,
"It feels pretty sore. I just don't feel like I have four fingers. It just don't feel it, it feels like its not there. I went for a steal and my finger got caught on Jason's (Kidd) arm and I just kept going one way and my finger the other. During the game it felt like my finger wasn't there."

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
Why yall arguing with that clown about Marion? This dude posts the one poor performance he's had since he got to Miami, and tries to refute that piss-poor logic when it's thrown back in Kobe's lap...
smh.gif
Some people...

I just want to know how come when 24 is actually being complimented, people still somehow seem to think he's getting attacked.
smh.gif

Not sure if you're trying to defend Hiss or not Nowitness, so my apologies in advance.

The Shaq/Marion trade was horrible for the Suns... Shaq looks so out of place out there it's not even funny.

Prior to the trade... When Nash and Stat used to run the pick n' roll, Marion would spot up for three or cut to the basket as another option. That'swhat made their system so effective... Now that Marion is gone defenders can just clog the lane cause they no longer have to worry about that extra scorer.

Marion used to get LOTS of boards and buckets without even having a play called for him... The Suns lost a good 20 and 10 a night.

Also watching Shaq shoot FT's to try to cut into a defecit is pure comedy...
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Sorry to say it but the Suns have no shot to win a title anytime soon... The trade actually made you guys worse on both ends of the floor.

I don't know...I think Shaq still needs to get used to things with the Suns. Kerr made a real gutsy move here; it's a crazy gamble but I think it'stoo early to say it was a bad deal after 3 games. This is going to obviously make or break his GM gig...I truly believe if the Suns can get down the perfectcombo of the faster/slower game, they can make a big Finals run. IMO it's the chemistry/timing that's off right now, it should improve with a couplemore games.

I'm by NO MEANS comparing Shaq with Webber on the Warriors, but I'm gonna compare the way they're both slow as hell going into new teams that playa more uptempo style...Webber came in and looked flat his first couple games, but recently he's been more in sync with our offense and his play hasdefinitely picked up a bit. Maybe the same will happen with Shaq.

I know it hasn't looked good so far, and there are many signs that it WON'T WORK....but to be fair I still say that the verdict isn't out on theShaq trade just yet.

A good coach can tweak his system to best suit his personnel....let's see how good of a coach D'Antoni really is

I'm just waiting for a close game in the 4th before somebody employs the Hack-A-Shaq and he single handedly loses a game for the Suns.

I don't think anybody was going to beat the pistons tonight.

The suns don't look like themselfs and zo might be right here. But it is only the 3rd game. Let see how its working in april. If they still look like thisthen the suns are in trouble.

Originally Posted by acidicality

I don't know...I think Shaq still needs to get used to things with the Suns. Kerr made a real gutsy move here; it's a crazy gamble but I think it's too early to say it was a bad deal after 3 games. This is going to obviously make or break his GM gig...I truly believe if the Suns can get down the perfect combo of the faster/slower game, they can make a big Finals run. IMO it's the chemistry/timing that's off right now, it should improve with a couple more games.

I'm by NO MEANS comparing Shaq with Webber on the Warriors, but I'm gonna compare the way they're both slow as hell going into new teams that play a more uptempo style...Webber came in and looked flat his first couple games, but recently he's been more in sync with our offense and his play has definitely picked up a bit. Maybe the same will happen with Shaq.
There you go. Someone knows what's up.

A trade of this magnitude needs some time to pass before you can grade it.

Shaq in 3 games is giving Phx almost 9 ppg and 11 rpg on 45% shooting. Not great. But certainly not bad either.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
Why yall arguing with that clown about Marion? This dude posts the one poor performance he's had since he got to Miami, and tries to refute that piss-poor logic when it's thrown back in Kobe's lap...
smh.gif
Some people...

I just want to know how come when 24 is actually being complimented, people still somehow seem to think he's getting attacked.
smh.gif

Not sure if you're trying to defend Hiss or not Nowitness, so my apologies in advance.
Nooooo... Not defending Kobe at all... All I'm saying is, dude picked out one poor performance since Marion got to Miami, and tried to pass it asreasoning for his argument, saying elite players don't have games like that
laugh.gif
... Then someone flipped it to Kobe, and he's like 'Oh, itdoesn't apply there"... Really?
laugh.gif
Why not?

You want to talk about a bad game by kobe, Check game 7 vs PHX.

People need to stop trying to talk kobe up like he has never had a bad game.

People need to stop trying to talk kobe up like he has never had a bad game.
oh god, lets leave that performance in the past.. i was so hyped for that game
indifferent.gif
alien.gif

back to PHX, they looked like a complete mess out there today... but as someone else already stated, the pistons would have beat any team in the L with thatperformance today... shaq's only played 3 games with his new team, granted they look like doo doo, but there's still alotta basketball left...

wait.. its shaq's fault why we lost today's game? Was it Shaqs fault, or the WHOLE teams fault? The hate for Shaq is stupid. Grant hill played 26 mins,and was 0-6 with 0 points. Raja Bell 3-8 with 8 points, Boris Diaw sucks so i'm not even going to mention him, and Amare only had 3 rebounds.. If you haveto blame anybody on the suns team you can look straight at Steve Nash. This guy does a whole tons for us, but he needs to know when to step up his offense.Dude only shot 8 shots in 32 minutes. I'm not saying Shaq did great out there, but to blame him for the loss today doesn't make any sense. And rememberguys, we played the best team in the East, so that doesn't help.

I'm happy the schedule gets a lil easier for the next couple of games...
smile.gif

I really think the Pistons bench is better than the year they won the Championship. The only knock on them is that they are still young, but they aresurrounded by a very good group of vets.
Stuckey, Maxiel, Amir, Afflalo
pimp.gif

I live in NYC. So yeah, I saw that game. As a matter of fact, that was Pau's debut. And it was a close game practically til the end.
[h1][/h1]
[h1] Lakers 105, Nets 90[/h1]
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=lalRecap http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=lalBox Score http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=lalPlay-By-Play http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=lalShot Chart http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=lalPhotos http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=lalConversation http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=lal

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=lal
[table][tr][td][/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]T[/td] [/tr][tr][td]LAL (31-16)[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]28[/td] [td]30[/td] [td]105[/td] [/tr][tr][td]NJN (20-28)[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]90[/td] [/tr][/table]
[h4]Final[/h4]

smh.gif

The Nets made a run but it definitely wasn't close...
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom