'Diary Of A Tired Black Man'...Powerful movie ya'll.

Originally Posted by behemothcoa

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

eh...all you men are just bitter...man up...

laugh.gif
So because i saw the movie and connected with some of the points in it I'm bitter. great generalization
eyes.gif

relax broham...it was a joke...i had to edit that post so i just put anything to mess with ya'll...it worked...

i have the movie but can't get it into my itunes...

Just watched the movie, it is nice to see a movie bring to light issues that are faced within the black community. Esp one that is spoken on very much. I canidentify with this movie and having dealt with this issue since my parents were divorced this movie helped me learn a little something about myself. I wouldsuggest everyone watch this movie.

I know what the title of the movie is...but don't let the title let you think its just for the black community. I watched this movie with alot of differentpeople. Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, Haitan, Jamaican, White, Phillipino...it touches a nerve with everybody who is or has been in a relationship where women areor have been the cause to problems in the relationship.

There are soooo many movies and shows that depict the crap that men are the sole reason why things go wrong, In many cases that is true, but what kind of menwhere those guys in the first place? Obviously it had to be the scumbags that scarred them and then it makes for difficulties in future relationships. Itcouldn't have been the good guys that screwed up the womens minds. And if you are that d-bag that has, watch it anyway, it might help ya'll learn totreat women the way ya'll wanna be treated. Think about the crap your fathers and mothers went through...and what you went through as a kid...you want yourkids growing up as scarred as some of ya'll?

This movie touches on so many things and what I love is it includes people talking about it as it goes on. This movie could have been 6 hours long and Iwould've watched without getting bored. So I hope you guys that haven't seen it yet, you do.

I made a vid of clips and pieces from the movie...I'll put it up as soon as i can.

My point was that just cause the title says 'black' I don't want people to shy away from it. It does focus on one culture but 10 minutes into it,you'll see its more than that. It could've been about eskimos, it would still be a great movie. Diary of a cold tired eskimo.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

So I watched the movie and basically both sides aren't on their !%@%. I guess I'm fortunate to not know people like the women in this movie.

I completely agree with the people who were saying alot of the way people act is based on how they were raised. If people don't have proper examples intheir life what can you really expect from them?

I hate how he tried to play her about everything being his that he paid for cuz she didn't work tho. It seems that it was agreed she wouldn't work cuzI never saw an arguement about it being a problem she wasn't goin to work.

The movie was on point but I refuse to believe its a black woman problem. I think alot or respect isn't being given on both sides.

Black women have this made up sense of entitlement that goes alot deeper than the other races..I'm really reaching when I say this, but I think it comesfrom not growing up with a real man in the household, which leads to them forming their male-ideal based off of what they see in music/TV/media and not thehousehold...which in turn is common in situations where the parents' values are outweighed by the media's values. A very common trouble for allraces/classes though, but I bring it up here because blacks have a higher rate of single-parent households than the other groups, I think hispanics are veryclose or somewhat behind in perecentage. Parents are letting the child's environment raise him/her instead of the household raising the kid.

Since we all want to generalize, aren't black dudes worse than black women? I mean, in terms of things like graduation rates, incarceration, and overallachievement? Seems a bit of a double standard for so many black dudes to sit here talking like their collective #%!! don't stink and throwing aroundgeneralizations about how they're never going to stoop as low as to be with a black women, etc., when if everybody else thought the same way they do,they'd easily find themselves alone too and wouldn't be able to pull a supposedly perfect white, Asian, or whatever girl. Because again they couldobviously say no way I'm ever messing with a black dude, they all ...[negative generalization based on actions of few but applied to all]...

But do you.

^ that would never fly here cuz then dudes would bring up racism...and the system and how it holds them down as if that doesn't effect BW aswell...

^ that would never fly here cuz then dudes would bring up racism...and the system and how it holds them down as if that doesn't effect BW aswell...

This right here.

The commentary by the older dude in the blue Sean John shirt was the realest throughout the whole flick.
Him and his friend had me dying the whole movie. The fat guy cutting hair too, talking about a woman could talk $#*% about you to a female alienand it'll spread throughout the universe how you're a no good piece of #&*$. So True.
roll.gif

[color= rgb(255, 102, 51)]You ever have a woman call the cops on you?[/color]
[color= rgb(0, 204, 153)]Uuuumm, No. But you have.[/color]
roll.gif
roll.gif

It most definitely does affect BW as well. I'll be the first person to go ahead and say our country doesn't value black beauty...I'veseen beautiful, BEAUTIFUL! black women grow up around white folks and never have a boyfriend...

But the reason we make threads like these is because black men are much more on the offense side, while BW are on the defense. And as black men we are expectedto be all these different standards of men at once in a relationship...

DatZNasty wrote:
Since we all want to generalize, aren't black dudes worse than black women? I mean, in terms of things like graduation rates, incarceration, and overall achievement? Seems a bit of a double standard for so many black dudes to sit here talking like their collective #%!! don't stink and throwing around generalizations about how they're never going to stoop as low as to be with a black women, etc., when if everybody else thought the same way they do, they'd easily find themselves alone too and wouldn't be able to pull a supposedly perfect white, Asian, or whatever girl. Because again they could obviously say no way I'm ever messing with a black dude, they all ...[negative generalization based on actions of few but applied to all]...

But do you.
Black American men are pretty much the source of the issue. Maybe not me personally but my predecessors have left myself and future generations amess to clean up. But I know that I am not saying that women are the only problem. We could talk about how the lack of positive black male influences has leadto as you say, "graduation rates, incarceration, and overall achievement " but well due to the content of the movie we are talkingabout women.

DatZNasty wrote:
rowenarrow wrote:
This movie and post has inspired me to create another post to discuss the issue and leave this one to talk about the movie...

http://niketalk.com/topic/179070
your topic sucked balls

Thanks for your opinion and thanks for making a statement that did nothing to help with concern at hand about the women of my culture.

Originally Posted by Forgot About Jae

Black women have this made up sense of entitlement that goes a lot deeper than the other races..I'm really reaching when I say this, but I think it comes from not growing up with a real man in the household, which leads to them forming their male-ideal based off of what they see in music/TV/media and not the household...which in turn is common in situations where the parents' values are outweighed by the media's values. A very common trouble for all races/classes though, but I bring it up here because blacks have a higher rate of single-parent households than the other groups, I think Hispanics are very close or somewhat behind in percentage. Parents are letting the child's environment raise him/her instead of the household raising the kid.
This is one of the most intelligent post in the thread. I couldn't agree more.
All in all, if you are salty about this subject maybe you aren't looking at it in a neutral light. I
amgenerally concerned because the source of anger is only getting stronger. The complaints of black-American women losing out on good black men will only growand no matter what the source of the problem is, this group of angry women have the power to change it. Sad thing is I don't see that happening and betweenthis thread and the thread I created (now locked) listen to the new mindset that the good black men are starting to develop.

Open your mind this isn't a complaint of a generalization it is a concern

And as black men we are expected to be all these different standards of men at once in a relationship...
like a good female friend of mine said the other day

"I want a friend, Mandingo and sugar daddy..."

it aint fair to generalize but this is common thinking. its like what dude said in the vid...it's ridiculous too. I hate to sound sexist but it's likewomen are extra insecure because of all the BS magazines try to sell em (ie Cosmo, You're beautiful, but here's weight loss tips)...then you got theseidiot magazines telling women how to please a man....and these articles are written by women...then you got them madyou read men's magazines...it's like confidence in a lotta these females is so shot they look for a dude to mask it up. I've been through it, notonly with just Black females but i can say it is more evident within our community.

Like you can't be regular because they get bored and you cant be too aggressive because it's a turn off...you gotta go harder to find that extrabalance...and some of em having daddy issues makes the problem MUCH worse...not to mention those of em with golddigging intentions.

And not to act like all us brothas are angels.....but this aint about us right now. There are those of us who are honest about what we want concerningrelationships, and yet women still try to change us. at that point, all parties know what time it is so...

laugh.gif
A post titled, "Are most Black American women a NOGO for serious relationships???? " isn't a generalization. Fooled the hell out of me.Dudes talking about why they can't be bothered with black women anymore based on said generalizations. And again, these are black dudes. In terms ofgeneralizations, we're easily at the bottom of the totem so you'd just assume or hope we'd be more open to giving everybody a chance asindividuals. I'm sure you all hate being racially profile, D.W.B for example.

It's like smart, successful, financially stable, and whatever other positive adjectives you want to add- black dudes feel like they have to go interracialbecause there's allegedly no black women who fit that same description. Then smart, successful, financially stable, and whatever other positive adjectivesyou want to add- black women also feel the need to go out of race because there's allegedly no dudes who fit the same description. Somebody should get alltheir %!+$+ in a room together just so they could look across and see that there are more fish in the sea than they think. And that's not to say theyshould feel any obligation to have to stay in race, but to cast out an entire race as not a possibility, not good enough, beneath you, etc. is unconscionable.

Back
Top Bottom