Did Cameron Nelson and Method Man sell Niketalk

I look to the side and see corporate sponsors like eastbay .Something Meth said he would never allow .Are we gonna be forced to hold our tongue now about eastbay and many others :nerd:

Last edited:
Where is Meth in all of this? I know the site just changed but I would expect him and a lot of other Mods / Admins here to keep the crowds under control. Since he's not, who knows if they sold it.. :smh:

i went to the other site, its called sneakertalk now, they keeping all og post but it looks weird. saying they need admins and mods now.

All our smilies are different and nobody was given a heads up about the shift nor were we told we have corporate sponsors I wish they were transparent with their plans we are all adults here and we have been members for years and years.

Check the welcome page right when you go to Niketalk.com and there's a message from Meth.. he'll still be the one to give banz.

Ads are here to pay for the bandwidth we use. I co-owned a Jeep forum. Let me tell you when people start to use the site. Your host asks you to upgrade your hosting package and that's not cheap. And if NT is hosted on their own server, that isn't cheap either. Anyways Ads are here to help pay for what we use for free. Shocked it didnt come sooner to be honest.

You're confusing Cameron Nelson who is just a mod on NT with Nelson C who is the creator of NT

Thanks for clearing that up.

Ads are here to pay for the bandwidth we use. I co-owned a Jeep forum. Let me tell you when people start to use the site. Your host asks you to upgrade your hosting package and that's not cheap. And if NT is hosted on their own server, that isn't cheap either. Anyways Ads are here to help pay for what we use for free. Shocked it didnt come sooner to be honest.

We'll continue to look out for the interests of our members first, that's all we've ever done and that ain't changing.

*Lovin' the multi-quote feature.

2 admins in the same room.. yes.!  why did i have to create a new account? it wouldnt allow me to sign in with my old unsername/email & password.. i see alot of memebers are still using their yuku username.. why couldnt I..? an answer will be greatly appreciated gentlemen. thank you.

All our smilies are different and nobody was given a heads up about the shift nor were we told we have corporate sponsors I wish they were transparent with their plans we are all adults here and we have been members for years and years.
he actually said something in the thread about nothing

Hosting isn't that much per year. I have multiple servers that I could run NT well on and I know for sure with all the money NT has raised it could pay for a few years of hosting...

Now am I saying that the charities and fund raising NT did were wrong and the money wasn't spent wisely? No I am not. I completely respect NT's charities and decisions as far as where the money has gone.

But I know for a FACT that it doesn't cost THAT much to host a message board of this size.
Does it take a lot of effort and work? Hell yeah it does. Does it take a considerable amount of money? Indeed.

But Niketalk isn't as big as some would make it out to be. Our beloved message board isn't any larger than some fanboy gaming forums or anime forums who don't have to rely on corporate sponsors to pay the bills.

They can do it without selling to the man, and so can we...

But one thing I know is that Ad blocker takes care of any problems I have with the annoying ads on here. I just don't want our Admin staff to go missing because I don't trust anyone else with Niketalk. And if they were to go missing, I honestly would stop coming because they are a huge part of the community and a huge reason why I have stayed for so many years despite being banned or anything else. NT is run by good people.

NT is a nice fair sized community with some good guys running it. We don't need some money guzzling company running the show.

Son NT doesn't get money for the mods. Ads have always been part of the site, it helps pay for what you see and use everyday. Anything extra gets donated, this site is non profit and it will always be like that. No ones selling out, you just ignore the same facts that have been around from day one. This isn't the other site.

Back
Top Bottom