did macklemore just revolutionize rap marketing? vol. number 1 song in the country with no deal

Man, can't stand that they categorize this garbage as hiphop. Guess this the times we live in now.

How can you make a song standing up to consumerism and then want people to consume your song. All I read in that is dude buy my song.
This. No matter how dude put it he sold out, on a track with a actual message. And to dudes in here talking about he's trash and comparing wings to nelly's air force ones yall are idiots. Don't get me wrong musically and as a rapper I don't mess with dude at all. But this dude is creative as hell, and if you look at music as art in anyway he's hard to ignore. I do find it hard to understand how people can buy into his character though, which is what has brought him so much success. Than again most consumers aren't that deep as he has pointed out *shrugs*

mackelmore is a rapper, so how would us not liking him equate to us not understanding music besides rap?
he raps fool....he's just a corny rapper.

your comment just shows you're probably a Macklemore stan and you don't know how to argue your point that he's good to you so you have to say that we just simply only understand one genre...the genre in which Macklemore is a part of.
But you know what? It's fine that you like him bruh and if you sleep better thinking he's great and that we just don't "understand" then who am I to disrupt your rest? Dream on bro.
If you dont like him or understand him thats fine who cares? that was said for those who dont dont like him prolly because they dont understand him.

Stan? nah I just listen and know music more then you will. Ever.

Seems like you hurt your own feelings there, its not that serious.

thrift shop named the number 1 song on billboard for two straight weeks

dropped a cd on his own and is at 292,000

thrift shop sales surpass 2 million sales , double platinum plaque

FILTHY

i think dudes might just opt out of signing deals in this climate based on mackemores 2013 blueprint

all these rappers signing huge deals today are almost all flopping , how long until "major rap labels" are a thing of the past?
Ummm Drake did this 4 years ago

"Best I ever Had" was the #1 song on Billboard's hot 100. In fact Drake had the #1 and #2 techinically bc Young Money's "Every girl" was #2

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/268287/drake-flies-twice-into-top-10-of-billboard-hot-100

He released a mixtape "So Far Gone" for free, then turned around and sold it and sold 640k copies to date. Keep in mind this is still a free album. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
thrift shop named the number 1 song on billboard for two straight weeks

dropped a cd on his own and is at 292,000

thrift shop sales surpass 2 million sales , double platinum plaque

FILTHY

i think dudes might just opt out of signing deals in this climate based on mackemores 2013 blueprint

all these rappers signing huge deals today are almost all flopping , how long until "major rap labels" are a thing of the past?
Ummm Drake did this 4 years ago

"Best I ever Had" was the #1 song on Billboard's hot 100. In fact Drake had the #1 and #2 techinically bc Young Money's "Every girl" was #2

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/268287/drake-flies-twice-into-top-10-of-billboard-hot-100

He released a mixtape "So Far Gone" for free, then turned around and sold it and sold 640k copies to date. Keep in mind this is still a free album. 
laugh.gif

The point he was making is Macklemore did it without a deal.

I like macklemore

Saw him at paid dues, I enjoyed it.
Bought his cd. Enjoyed every single song.

*shrugs*

His new song "can't hold us" is actually a pretty dope song. And this is coming from a dude who hates thrift shop

Man that beat is fire

Last edited:
His new song "can't hold us" is actually a pretty dope song. And this is coming from a dude who hates thrift shop

Man that beat is fire

its 2 years old and was the first song from him i heard... i think it's his best although ive never heard a full project

Too much hate for this dude.
Who cares about all this **** you guys talking about?
Comparisons to people that dont need to be made.
Calling him a sell out?

Man, some of you are the reason why the hip-hop genre is struggling so bad.
Never pleased with anything.
Can't just listen to some damn music and enjoy it for what it is without making all these comparisons and unnecessary criticisms.

The Heist isn't perfect, but its a damn good album.
And this is coming from someone who hates Thrift Shop.
His music may be 'corny', but it actually has substance.

These days, not many people do.

Why cant we just enjoy it instead of debating the color of his skin, and whether or not he is a sell out?

Smh. This country's headed in a bad direction mayne, in all honesty...it is.

Last edited:
The point he was making is Macklemore did it without a deal.
Drake didn't have a deal when Best I ever had was #1 in the country.

[sup]Dude already had hit songs and a critically acclaimed album before he signed with Young Money. I'm not dissing Mackemore just saying he's far from the first to do things this way. .[/sup]

Last edited:
Nah we didn't. You can carry on sportin' your Swoopes jersey though.
lol dude is a hype beast... listening to mainstream music and listening to what he says and go buy him some new clothes... go do ya own thing... smh

this has to be a joke... heard the song and its a joke, dude is white and doesnt splew any bad messages on his single so the media ate it up and these lil white kids loved it

damn just heard his new song... his flow is terrible, i mean ta ta ta taaa ta ta.... all that weak **** he saying too...wtf is wrong with the media... we shouldve had og double d on the map with living luxury 

Back
Top Bottom