Did Rolling Stone Really Just Do That ?

Good journalism should have no regard whatsoever for what society sees as appropriate or inappropriate. Good job Rolling Stone.

Lets not mention the TIME covers that showed the Unabomber and the Columbine Shooters and Stalin and Bin Laden as real people , even interesting figures, and not villains. Plus the Rolling Stone Charles Manson cover. There are so many more examples but people are just into being outraged about stuff.

Last edited:
Just giving these little impressionable kids an idea that they can blow up schools and kill people and look like a villain out of a movie. :smh:

But let it be GZ on that cover....

/thread ****ting

excuse me?

why would i care if he was on the cover of a magazine being called a monster?

if he's on the cover and its a story about how awesome a guy he is i'd have a problem

but if the subject is how an overzealous apparently racist man made a terrible decision that ruined 2 lives i'd have no objections

they're both horrible people in my eyes honestly a life is a life and if this dude walked around all jolly for 6 weeks after the bombings like he didnt do anything wrong i'd be up in arms too

but you want to bait me into something else right lol naaah not gonna get it

still dont see anything wrong with putting the face of a guy thats already had his face all over tv and papers on a magazine

I really dont see what either has in common with the other outside of you trying to drum up some ********

but carry on

Good journalism should have no regard whatsoever for what society sees as appropriate or inappropriate. Good job Rolling Stone.

Lets not mention the TIME covers that showed the Unabomber and the Columbine Shooters and Stalin and Bin Laden as real people , even interesting figures, and not villains. Plus the Rolling Stone Charles Manson cover. There are so many more examples but people are just into being outraged about stuff.

you can't really compare this to Stalin. it's not some glamour shot of him that can cause people to say, hey maybe if I became a communist dictator I can get on the cover too. And the Charles Manson one doesn't hit like this cover does, and we're not really aware of the public's reaction if there was any outrage to it.

but whatever, even if something exactly similar happened it doesn't mean it's ok to do again. also, i'm not one of those that falls into the, "people are just into being outraged about stuff" category. I see things how I see them, right or wrong. they were in the wrong for this and it's the obvious the intent of it isn't, "good journalism," but it's to stir controversy for publicity and $$. which I'm sure they succeeded in.

im out this thread though.

u need to go back to school and retake journalism 1. good journalism does not take any sides. clearly, rolling stone is taking the psycho's side. stop coming up with excuses for rolling stone and that terrorist. siding with them only makes u look like an ignorant fool. my philosophy professor even agrees with me that they are in the wrong here.

u need to go back to school and retake journalism 1. good journalism does not take any sides. clearly, rolling stone is taking the psycho's side. stop coming up with excuses for rolling stone and that terrorist. siding with them only makes u look like an ignorant fool. my philosophy professor even agrees with me that they are in the wrong here.

welp his professor agrees with him thats it lock the thread folks nothing to see here

So you read the article? What's your take on it?

Last edited:
controversy sells?
eyes.gif

I agree they probably would have been best served not putting his giant mug on the cover but this also is nothing new....Manson was on the cover during his run, OJ, McVeigh, Bin Laden, etc were all on TIME covers. These are news publications and Rolling Stone has pushed the hot button issues more than most. They didn't put "Free this Man." They put "How this man became a monster."

Time and Rolling Stone are the same now?

Not from what I've read.

Back
Top Bottom