Did ya'll used to stuff an extra sock under your shoe's Tongue?

Originally Posted by nick0lis

op, you arent the only one... ive seen many people do it before. NT is like a bandwagon, everyones response is based on the first couple posts.

it really is.  I used to do it in middle school in northern california, my parents used to get so pissed at me for doing it lol.  "stuffing" ur shoes was what we called it...i think it was to make the tongue look bigger or somethin?  ahaha i was such a dumb kid back then.

Can we get pics of what this looks like? East coast don't do that word to quicksilver

DAMN all my years on NT n Ive waited for this post lol.

U dudes are way late here in England 87-91 dudes I know did it,huge fashion trend but if u over stuffed them it looked mad dumb.

The most popular shoes of the time it was done on was Air Trainer SCs Bo Jacksons,Jordan Vs and Agassi tech challenges then it kinda faded out.

Wed lace our kicks straight across to like they did in the old Nike catalouges never tied them..

In the late 80s early 90s basketball boots were huge Converse had tounges to ya shins everything was oversized so it didnt look that odd.

Our Mums used to hate it sayin it looked like we had club feet n when we grow up we wont be able to walk properly lol.

Last shoe I did it with was some lowtop white/black Grant Hill Filas in 96.

Memorys n things we did in our youth lol

Peace
Scottie

So I guess its safe to say NY > Cali.

Spoiler [+]
Joking (kinda) no need to get butt hurt about it. And for the record Ive only seen skaters do it with DC shoes. But I just figured thats how the shoes were since Ive never had (or even thought about buying) a pair.And they could very well be made like that. I never took the time to ask them because I never got to urge to "puff my tongue"

Originally Posted by RetroXIII

"puffing" your shoes was popular in the late 90's in the bay area. saw a lot of kids do it to k-swiss, shelltoes, questions, and on some air jordans when they came out. i'll admit i'm guilty of "puffing" my black/chutney xiii lows and indiglo xiv when i had them back then
laugh.gif
smh.gif
Rocking your "puffed" AI Questions was the +!%$ back in the day

Damn near everybody rocking AM90s/87s and BWs in the 90s used to do that over here. Plus one pant-leg stuffed in your sock
roll.gif

The 90s definately had its share of fashion fails!

I still do it on the low. I just like my feet to feel tightly in my shoes. IDK its somethin I just got used to after the AF! era when I used to do that. But its no biggie

back in freshman/sophmore year. actually looked kinda cool, gave it that bigass megaman boot feel.

I do remember wearing longer socks, and having the toe portion folded over so my toe boxes would not crease.....but never this bubble tongue thing you speak of...

Yeah...i did it too.  Guess it is only a Bay thing.  I thought everyone did it around 96-2000.

This is old school. People did this all the time back when I was in high school. then when the puffy tongue came out (most notably onl skate shoes ie Dunk Sbs, DCs, etc), then there was no need to do it after wards.

I never did it, but knew people who did. But yeah, must have been a West Coast thing, cuz it went down in Seattle, too. Around my high school years, in the late '90's.

Damn, so I'm guessing it was a only a bay area thing?

In that case!

Bay area>>> everything.

yes this was a Cali thing... SoCal skaters used to do this alot. I won't even front, I had extra sock stuffing for my Emerica when I skated. also had em in the chucky Ts too.

Back
Top Bottom