Did you write your own resume?

I did originally, but I've been told that it needs some adjustments. Maybe someone that's good at writing resumes could give a few pointers.

I believe there was a thread in here about resumes or something similar.

Try searching for it.

I wrote my own resume. We have to take a Professional Development class at my University, they teach us everything in that.

I wrote my high school resume for some internship a while ago. Thinking about it, i can def update mine as well
nerd.gif

we need to make a resume tips thread....i need to do one tmrw since ilost me job friday.

Yes, I wrote my own resume. It's about to get beefed the hell up after this summer with a B.S., a couple more interns, and a certification though.
smile.gif

I took my roommates resume (we're in the same field) removed some of the more dangerous swells
laugh.gif
And added some of my own personal skills.

Hes actually attracted interviews with his resume so I thought using it as a base would better my chances.

Originally Posted by eight2one

we need to make a resume tips thread....i need to do one tmrw since ilost me job friday.

I'm actually really good with this stuff and I've written whole guides on NT before (need to archive this stuff)

I'll write a nice, thought out one combining my personal experiences, what recruiters have told me and so on (by the end of the week, probably bywednesday).

btw, college kids, your school should have a career resource department or something like that, they should have free resume critiquing.

you go to college dude?

if so, i'd definitely check out the career center, they will give you tons of help.

i know that, but he's asking did you write your own resume? duh, you're the only one that should. they can help you but in the end it's yourresume, so you decide what you put on it, and what not. besides, the career center will only give you advice, not write it for you

Originally Posted by infamousod

Originally Posted by eight2one

I'm actually really good with this stuff and I've written whole guides on NT before (need to archive this stuff)

I'll write a nice, thought out one combining my personal experiences, what recruiters have told me and so on (by the end of the week, probably by wednesday).

btw, college kids, your school should have a career resource department or something like that, they should have free resume critiquing.
Marvelous, ill be happy to read what you write later this week.

Originally Posted by TheYoungestGun

i know that, but he's asking did you write your own resume? duh, you're the only one that should. they can help you but in the end it's your resume, so you decide what you put on it, and what not. besides, the career center will only give you advice, not write it for you
I knew someone would come in here talking like this
grin.gif
Ok,Did you "revise/ structure" your own resume.

I did my own, with a couple pointers from my school counselors. However, all the words and structure are mine, and I haven't had an issue with it so far.

Back
Top Bottom