Did your father teach you to be a womanizer or a monogamist?

Which one are you?

• Total voters
My Parents are still together 35 years later. One thing that always blew my mind about my rents my whole life is that I've never seen them having an argument (shouting match) in front of me and my siblings ever. They always discussed it when we weren't around and found a compromise/resolution. My dad also gave me game on girls too, I listened to some and let trail and error work the rest. I appreciate him more as a grown *** man and can't imagine life without him.

Cheated on my mother throughout the years.

Never solicited his advice on women, he never offered. I wouldn't have listened anyway.

Everything i learned was trial & error.

I never really learned the ropes from anyone in my family, which is odd because my folks been married since 74 and I had never seen them have more than a petty argument. Maybe I just observed and behaved according to my environment and associations. I never had a really close relationship with my dad. He didn't with his either, so I guess that's just the way the cycle goes.

I sort of just learned about chicks and relationships through life experience. I'm not really a relationship kinda person (yet). I appreciate solitude, but I like to play the field without the stereotypical "player" behavior. I would never smash under false pretenses to mislead a chick. I know that's not the most alpha attitude, but I'm not about messing with anyone's emotions like that.

I don't know if I'll settle down and have kids like everyone around me. I'd honestly rather adopt and show love to someone who's already on this earth without that family support. Having worked in the system and seen hundreds if not thousands of kids in foster homes/programs with horrific backgrounds with no hope for the future, it would make me feel irresponsible if I went and reproduced.

Actually can't remember any direct lessons from my pops. Love the man, but we never really had that bond when I was younger. After he moved and left my mom he had his share of women (kinda funny growing up and finding out who some of your "aunts" really were), but is in an unhappy marriage right now, not much money from some failed businesses. Actually no I remember talking to him about the last chick I was crazy for not working out and he said you won't always get the one you want, go with the one that's good enough, settle essentially. Probably won't listen to that as i've seen how terribly that worked out for him. I think if i'm gonna go through life with one person, I want to have had that fiery passion for them at some point, we can't just be cool.

I'm kinda the same way as far as not bonding too much with my nephew, but I think back to my own experience and really try to be there.

This thread is low key lit.

I don't have kids but I have a sister that is 10 years younger (she's 19). I treat her as an adult because I trust her and her judgement.

Basically I'm saying that I never had to tell my sister anything cuz she was already hip. I hope my future children are similar.

My sister is 9 years younger than me. She saw a lot of me being a ho and my brother doing the same. She was also there when my Pops got busted and everything fell apart. I was gone by that time.

She made a couple of mistakes, but ended up on the right track and has a bright future ahead of her. She focused on her education and making the right connections. She’s also good at “turning it on” to fit into mainstream America. I think younger siblings have a huge advantage when there’s a big gap in age.

Yeah I hope my little sister who's 7 years younger turns it around when she gets out. I feel like I failed her too because I wasn't really the bonding type.

I was raised by women, since I had mostly aunts and no grandad and my dad passed away when I was 2, so I guess I grew up always respecting women, specially because my mother was a damn WARRIOR all her life, going through **** that would break most men.

I teach what I'm taught. Be with the one you with. If you want to be with someone else, be honest and truthful. Go from there.

Now whether or not my 15 yo son actually does it....(shrug)

I was a dog but of my own fault. My father was/is a good man and always respected my mom.

He knew I was a womanizer because I would bring a different girl home every week. At one point he just bought me a big box of condoms :lol:

I was more influenced by my friends when it came to women in my youth but I have been guided by the principles of my pops since i got married.

The thread title is "Did your father teach you to be a womanizer or a monogamist?"
The poll question is "Which one are you?"

...Those can be wildly different answers :lol:

my dad tried to teach me to be a womanizer and to prefer lighter skin women over darker women.

he also had choice words for women that were too big for his tastes.

i remember an uncle of mine was a notorious cheater. his wife finally got fed up and left him for it, got with a new guy.

my dad tried to convince a pre-teen me that what my uncle was doing is ‘what men are supposed to do’ and my aunt was in the wrong.

he raised my 2 oldest sisters to be dependant on men and submissive.

while i grew up knowing my dad was a POS and ignored his bs lessons on life, i have a teenage brother that idolizes everything about him.

Damn wish I can contribute but father left when I was 2.

Must be nice.

some had sexually, physically, and/ or emotionally abusive fathers, and there was nothing ‘nice’ about it.

oh forgot to add:

pops has been married 5 times, 3 different women.

one of the marriages was to a 17yo that was supposed to be a Senior at the same high school when i was a Freshman. straight Bill and Ted style.

yeah.

my dad once snapped his achilles, had a cast up to his hip, and i seen a woman try to attack him with a crowbar for cheating.

plus a lot of other **** that ive forgotten about.

My mom was the opposite and told me a bunch of savage stuff about women.

:lol:
Moms is my rock. Sweetest woman to ever touch the earth. Empathy & loyalty to the Max. Reason why Pops chose and still rides with her after 40 years +. He’s a dead man if she dies b4 him.
Urge my boys to look for those traits. Their out there, even with this feminist movement.

Never once in my life had a convo about girls with my dad, thankful my brother is 8 years older than me and always held it down in that regard

I was raised by women, since I had mostly aunts and no grandad and my dad passed away when I was 2, so I guess I grew up always respecting women, specially because my mother was a damn WARRIOR all her life, going through **** that would break most men.
but did she get robbed tho

I also forgot to add: I come from a divorced family, my parents split when I was a teen. My husband also came from a divorced family. We aren't saints but we do our best to be good people to others, even when they haven't been so awesome to us in return, that includes our personal relationships.

Females say I'm too nice but I can't help it, it's in my personality. Most people say that's my problem with females.

I used to have this problem. you're investing too much in women you haven't vetted for their interest in you.

I get it, when you're raised a certain way it's only natural to develop a sense of romantic goodwill and want to aim it at SOMEBODY.

problem is the same way a woman can be seen a certain way for in sucking people off as a greeting, a man can be seen a similar way for always having 8 female text buddies or always doing the friendliest ****ing favors.

you're viewed an emotional ****, basically. when a woman is horny for validation--which we all are sometimes--she knows she can call on you, no strings attached.

my advice is to focus on yourself...make yourself into someone socially valuable, and truly interested women will make themselves blatantly obvious.

then, at these women of good taste, you may freely skeet your affections.

they earn your time, not the other way 'round.

at least, that's my theory.

My pops didn't teach me anything at all I only seen & talked to him a handful of times. My mom didn't meet my step pops til I was 14. I'm 37 now so all my women experiences were trail & error.

Girl cheated on me when I was in high school & that pretty much turned me into a player while growing up.

Back
Top Bottom