Diplomats VS State Property VOL. who was da better collective?

I will definitely say Dip Set had the more devoted fan base.

I wouldn't say Dip Set had the better catalog, they had the bigger catalog with the mixtapes. Quality over quantity

They and 50 started the current mixtape scene that exist
You ever listened to a Neef Buck or Omilio mixtape?

I mess with all forever do me tapes by neef

They know by neef is one of my favorite songs in the last few yrs

SP didn't have the better catalog because they were just a bunch of Philly dudes thrown together, almost like how the Game was thrown into G-Unit because he was signed to Interscope. The Dips grew up and grinded together so they were a more cohesive unit. Now as far as talent, I gotta ride w/ SP in their primes. Beans/Free/Chris > Cam/Jimmy/Juelz in regards to rapping. I could see Peedi and JR going bar for bar since their styles were KINDA similar and their flows were just organic but they cancel each other out in regards to messing up opportunities. I could see Oschino and Hell Rell being a matchup, then either A-Mafia or Un Kasa matching up against Sparks, don't know who would match up w/ Neef Buck from the Dips. And we're talking about Dipset, not Byrdgang and the other subsidiaries.

With the Talent they had, if SP actually worked as a cohesive unit and had business savvy, they'd be stronger but alas they didn't.

The only people who grew up together in Dip Set were Zeek, Cam and Jim.

You can say Peedi and Freeway or Oschino and Sparks if that's the case.

Last edited:
I'll take State Property over Dipset any day of the week....twice on Sunday. To me State Property's music was better, which is what's most important to me. All those bandanna's and so called "movement" that the Dips had meant nothing to me. Talent wise State Property has the advantage as well.

this is a classic case of ryu V.S. ken.

ken def the more flashy of the two. more swag, more fun, even faster.

but ryu was stronger and more efficient. if you wanted to WIN you had to pick em...

Philadelphia Freeway >>> any solo dipset album

wasn't better than come home with me by a mile...and it sure wasn't better than purple haze... entertaining that thought is absurd.

Just Blaze laced Freeway something serious on there.

As much as I loved Come Home With Me, I'm looking back at the track list now and there's about 7 songs that I do not remember at all what they sound like. Can't really say the same for Philadelphia Freeway

Shout out to Ninja for creating this topic.

Joint got me going back into the archives and reliving some of the best times of my life.

I really don't care about the extra curricular stuff like wearing pink or banging. In terms or rapping ability, give me beans and free.

thank you.

so many people in here focusing on BS.

imma dip fan all day but them dudes did a lot of rhyming for rhyme sake. it was swaggy, stylish, def sounded good and appealed to a lot of people but in all honesty they werent actually saying much. buncha wheel spinning in their verses. no traction, no progression. it was cute @ the time but it was nothing you could hold on to in the long run. none of them dudes was paintin hood motion pictures like SP.

lol @ ol boy talkin bout jim alone had a better catalog than ALL OF SP. if you a fan, be that. lets not get crazy tho my G.

This is what I've been saying. I rock with Dipset for what they were. Swag rappers, nothing more.

Dudes saying Cam was better than Beans. :lol: A swag rapper compared to a _ that was a animal.

I really don't care about the extra curricular stuff like wearing pink or banging. In terms or rapping ability, give me beans and free.

thank you.

so many people in here focusing on BS.

imma dip fan all day but them dudes did a lot of rhyming for rhyme sake. it was swaggy, stylish, def sounded good and appealed to a lot of people but in all honesty they werent actually saying much. buncha wheel spinning in their verses. no traction, no progression. it was cute @ the time but it was nothing you could hold on to in the long run. none of them dudes was paintin hood motion pictures like SP.

lol @ ol boy talkin bout jim alone had a better catalog than ALL OF SP. if you a fan, be that. lets not get crazy tho my G.

This is what I've been saying. I rock with Dipset for what they were. Swag rappers, nothing more.

Dudes saying Cam was better than Beans. :lol: A swag rapper compared to a _ that was a animal.

I feel like Purple Haze 2.0 had filler because a lot of songs leaked....unless that was for promo

Yeah, a lot of those leaked Purple Haze joints were better than the final album.

This joint was better than 70% of what was on Purple Haze.

And I'm still tight this wasn't on the album. SMH

The I'm Ready beat is incredible and everything you want to hear from Heatmakerz, but the lyrics were pretty laughable :lol: :lol: they just sounded cool on that beat

Back
Top Bottom