Discontinued snacks/drinks Apprciation vol. BRING THEM BACK

P8200002.JPG

I don't even want to quote and
eek.gif
/
pimp.gif
the things on this thread because there are so many. This thread man just brings me back. It's amazing how much good stuff has been discontinued. Shame

Anyway, this is the GOAT. I am shocked it has not been posted yet.

aa7no2.jpg

I know someone on here know what this about..

Originally Posted by djshabby2005

i was never really a salad guy but i liked these for some reason....

mcsaladshakers.jpg
Brings back memories when I used to work at McDonalds back in 01'.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

To the people that asked what Crystal Clear Pepsi tasted like....I thought it tasted pretty much the same as regular Pepsi. I think it just shook everybody because you tasted cola but it was clear, so it was almost like it messed with your senses. 
laugh.gif
  From what I remember, it wasn't around very long at all. Makes me feel really old, I remember walking into the grocery store the day that was released and they were giving out samples to everybody.

One thing I miss are the original "Pepsi Points." Almost every 20oz was 5 points, but some would be 10, 20, 50, or 100 so we would just tilt the bottles and look under them and buy up all the high points ones.  I still have this huge tent that I got from the Pepsi Stuff prizes

Originally Posted by jerry6d

Originally Posted by djshabby2005

i was never really a salad guy but i liked these for some reason....

mcsaladshakers.jpg
Brings back memories when I used to work at McDonalds back in 01'.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Salads have never been funner.
laugh.gif

Anyone mention the OG Flaming Hots? They tasted way better than they do now. The power they used was
eek.gif
pimp.gif
but hot at first until I got used to them. I use to get those and I think some type of rainbow pop or something
laugh.gif

Also. Does anyone remember the Snapple drink they was pink and it had a blue rapper around the bottle and tasted light way like a smoothie if you shook it up well?
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Streetballer23

28wovi9.jpg

Yes! Unfortunately you and I may have been the only ones on the planet that liked this. Everyone I knew hated it and I don't remember it being around for even 1/2 a year.

It's slightly depressing to see stuff mentioned that you hadn't even thought about in over a decade, but at the time it was an item that you routinely purchased. I distinctly remembered not being able to find Josta any more, but Clearly Canadian? The cherry flavor was one of my favorite sodas ever, but I never conciously wondered where it went. Same with those Pizzarias chips, jesus I must have been 6 the last time I had those(I'm 23.)

Anyone remember the Cheddar Ranch flavored Fritos Flavor Twists? The 2 flavors they introduced for the twists were this and bbq, but bbq prevailed and is the only one remaining. I suspect the ranch may be available either somewhere outside my area or the states, because they're in the ranch flavored Munchies snack mix.

Why did Amazin' Fruit discontinue? You see so many others s**tty types of candy stand the test of time but Amazin' Fruit goes the way of the dodo? Doesn't make sense to me.

Other items that haven't been mentioned:

Taco Bell flavored Doritos. With the steady increase in Marijuana usage I'm not sure why this hasn't been re-introduced.
Coke Blak - That coffee infused Coke that tasted weird enough that I'm sure a good amount of people still jones for it. Or maybe it just sucked.
Brings a tear to my eye but I haven't seen the Rodeo Cheeseburger on a Burger King menu for a couple years now. Might be available elsewhere. Back in high school I remember these being absurdly priced at a buck a pop, my friend and I would smoke and then get 5 each at the drive-thru.

How bout a thread for items that seemingly should have been discontinued long ago but remain on the shelves? Pepsi One. @@@? 5th Avenue bars. Who's choosing that over a butterfinger? Chee-tos Puffcorn? Poor Smokers Only, Poor Smokers Only. Still not enough to warrant constant sale.

^Definitely agreed on the "haven't thought about in over a decade" statement.

This thread is like a walk down memory lane and a lot of the 90's advertisements definitely triggered some sort of nostalgic feeling. Honestly, some of the posted items I didn't even know were discontinued or I just simply forgot about existed..

Back
Top Bottom