DISGUSTING story, but I'm really surprised that this man was not killed on the spot....

San Bernardino County prosecutors filed felony charges against a 52-year-old man Wednesday for allegedly molesting a 4-year-old girl in a Redlands apartment complex.
Terence Giberson, who has no prior criminal record, was charged with two counts of oral copulation/sexual penetration with a child, two counts of a forcible lewd act with a child and one count of kidnapping in connection with Tuesday's attack, authorities said.

If convicted, Giberson faces up to three life terms, prosecutors said.

“Our children are our most vulnerable victims, and what happened in the local community of Redlands on Tuesday will not be tolerated,

Three life sentences. Its about time they start giving these sex offenders real time in jail.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by DimesLikeHefner

If he would have killed the man he would have done time in prison.
Why? 
because we have a flawed justice system.
If he went in there guns blazing to RESCUE his daughter, you think a jury would convict him of murder?  I know we have a flawed justice system, but are there any examples of when they've ruled against a vigilante act where the aggressor could be considered in the right? 

go ahead and kill the pedophile for doing stuff to your daughter. then you will be prosecuted and then miss most of your daughter's childhood. not worth it. 

Why? 
If he went in there guns blazing to RESCUE his daughter, you think a jury would convict him of murder?  I know we have a flawed justice system, but are there any examples of when they've ruled against a vigilante act where the aggressor could be considered in the right? 

and youd really take that chance?

Originally Posted by ElCatfisho

go ahead and kill the pedophile for doing stuff to your daughter. then you will be prosecuted and then miss most of your daughter's childhood. not worth it. 

exactly. a violent act is not the answer to another violent act.  The man will answer for his crimes but killing him out of vengeance wil not undo what he did to the child.

indifferent.gif
say that to the father bruh....

Originally Posted by Matt Barkley Heisman Number 8

and youd really take that chance?

If it's a situation where my son/daughter is in immediate danger due to being held hostage and molested, NO QUESTION. 

Why? 

indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif
are you serious you really said why are you kidding me

24bsnwm.jpg.gif

30t6p3b.gif
@ you really asking why
you seriously think in america you can get away with murder thats a hell no
makes sense

Why? 
It's still murder though.  The jury will still have to vote according to the law.  Vigilante justice is still frowned upon.
If the man attacked him when he went to retrieve his daughter then he could make the case for self-defense.

Happens daily
tired.gif
 unfortunately, this is sad stuff man.. kids are so vulnerable. The parents should have been watching her playing outside, though..but the child is now messed up for life. Let him die in jail

Originally Posted by natelav129

indifferent.gif
say that to the father bruh....
I'm trying to play the rational card instead of playing devil's advocate like all of you wanted this news story to play out. 
indifferent.gif
 Don't try to pull that "say it to his face" bull !+*# on me.
you kill a man, that's a good 7 years or so, maybe less with the parole. I don't know how many years he will get. 

But when your kid gets raped at such a young age, that's enough emotional scarring. As a parent in that situation, it's IMPORTANT that you're there for the kid at any age. Who knows what could develop in their minds at that time? Childhood is the MOST important mental development stage that impacts and influences the rest of their life. 

I'm only saying what I think is the best for the daughter in this situation. And he did the only sensible thing he could do in this disgusting crime.

i wonder if there are more kids he's harmed that we just don't know about?

so sick...

the father did the right thing...she's been harmed enough you don't want to miss out on being there to help her recover cuz you're in jail.

Originally Posted by MikeU

Why? 

indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif
are you serious you really said why are you kidding me

24bsnwm.jpg.gif

30t6p3b.gif
@ you really asking why
you seriously think in america you can get away with murder thats a hell no
makes sense
You really think someone is gonna get jail time for RESCUING their son/daughter from someone who has kidnapped and molested them?  I'm sorry, but I fail to see how the father would serve any time....

This is not a revenge scenario where he goes after the man days/weeks/months later....this is IN the moment.  His child was in immediate danger.

There should a be system when child molesters go to a prison, they'd have to wear a different kind of prison uniform. So the big guys would know right away that i'ts ok to rape this man.

man this is a tough one to look at since im a parent.

personally if i were to be in the fathers shoes i would be enraged and i have no clue how i would respond and im sure that would be the case for almost anyone. im pretty sure i would beat the bejesus out of the pedo but not kill him so i don't risk going to jail. if i beat him up i could say it was self defense and get a bunch of hits in on him.

either way i would hope i would be able to refrain from killing the pedo and let him get dealt with behind the walls when they find out why he's in there.

If he had done it right then and there he could've gotten off on a crime of passion, temporary insanity.

Back
Top Bottom