Dishonorable discharge from the army

I had just found out that my friend who was in theArmy received a dishonorable discharge due to desertion.He says he stopped reporting because he was scarred of the randomdrug testing and his marijuana use. How totally screwed is he?

It's going to be incredibly hard for him to find a job, dishonorable looks awful on your record.

Tell your friend good luck finding a job. One of the worst things you can have in your job history.

Originally Posted by RufioRufioRufio

lmao what a loser

roll.gif

A DD is basically equated to a felony in the civilian world. Hell if he pissed dirty and did get discharged he may have got a other than honorable or a bad conduct discharge but he really messed up getting a DD. Honestly if he pissed dirty once he wouldn't even have got discharged, article 15 with some additional punishment yeah but more than likely he would still be part of the Army. It will forever haunt him and it will be damn near impossible for him to get any decent paying job. He has also forever lost his right to legally own a firearm also.

Wow.
My sis got DD from the Navy (two months from HD too) for a dirty test and I've never known her to be without a job, great ones at that.
Shes charismatic and can make you believe she can do anything.
I don't know about your friend though he doesn't seem as blessed.

Originally Posted by AR Guy

A DD is basically equated to a felony in the civilian world. Hell if he pissed dirty and did get discharged he may have got a other than honorable or a bad conduct discharge but he really messed up getting a DD. Honestly if he pissed dirty once he wouldn't even have got discharged, article 15 with some additional punishment yeah but more than likely he would still be part of the Army. It will forever haunt him and it will be damn near impossible for him to get any decent paying job. He has also forever lost his right to legally own a firearms also.
this post will surely make your friend feel better OP

.....do you know how dumb you have to be to get a dishonorable discharge from the ARMY? i mean dudes that had the option to go to a better branch and still choose the army or marines arent too bright to begin with but still.

- whats worse, the Army and Marines dont even kick you out on the first AND second drug offense. dont try that %#** in the Air Force or Navy though.

- theres a reason Marines and Army guys laugh at the thought of getting an article 15 and losing stripes. things like that are the kiss of death in other branches. to Army and Marines its just another Tuesday morning.

....to answer the question though, he's screwed but not totally. i mean the dude dont sound too bright so the types of jobs he may be looking for will take him anyway. nothing federal. the good thing is, i think he can appeal to get it upgraded to a General discharge.....

Not the end of the world. Depending on who he knows he could get a job better than you think. He just has to look at it as more of a challenge now.

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

Not the end of the world. Depending on who he knows he could get a job better than you think. He just has to look at it as more of a challenge now.

Dude doesn't know anybody and I don't think his family does either, but yea pretty much as everyone has said hes an idiot and screwed
30t6p3b.gif

My sister just texted me saying this fool applied for a job at a veterans memorial leisure center last week
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom