DISNEY Classics Live-Action Remakes - The Little Mermaid opens 05/26/23

031219_IDCorpDT_Hero_AladdinPosterTrailer.jpg

True.

I liked hitch so I ain't mad lol

Yeah and I mean, saying Will just being Will is like saying Robin was just saying Robin. That’s the whole point of Genie. Just cut down on that horrific CGI and I’ll be ok.

The songs sound like monotone karaoke versions of the original though :smh: word to Emma Watson

What happened to Jafar? The actor playing him is legit the least threatening guy in the entire trailer...

I wish this was the first trailer, faith somewhat restored, I wish the film didn't start out so bad marketing.
My only complaint really is Jafar, dude doesn't sound sinister at all or even come off as creepy, thats one role where they should've not gone all hollywood in terms of looks. I liked that we actually got a peak of what music and songs will sound like and how they will performed. Hope the singing is being ADR as we speak.

I honestly don't know if the "Will Smith just gonna be Will SMith." comments are complaints or what. Robin Williams was legit being Robin Williams when he did the Genie, dude was really like that IRL. In all honesty they had to get someone with so much charisma it will shine literally every time their onscreen and Will Smith guarantees that.
The only other person I can think of pulling it off is a Jim Carrey in top form.

I think Will is just too big of a star and its distracting. Every time I see it its like "oh **** that's Will"

Sure most will get over it while watching the film

Ready for Aladdin, will def watch

I'm still worried about Lion King, like, Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin have actual people in it, makes sense for singing and stuff and talking

I didnt see Jungle Book, I feel like the realism of the animals and them singing might look really odd

Aladdin still looks and feels off. As someone who’s watched the film, it’s sequels and it’s animated series COUNTLESS times this just feels weird. Jafar should’ve been CG’d accompanied with an actors face. He has too iconic of a look to be so bland. Marwan Kenzari? Err.... I guess. I mean I really enjoyed Beauty and the Beast live action and it hit plenty of the right beats of the OG. We’ll see...

Can't have a top 5 Disney song list without I2I...

Also forgot that Jaffar goes genie at the end. Wonder what thats gonna look like.

one thing we already know since I just watched the trailer again is Jafar doesn't dress up like a prisoner when they catch Aladdin to convince him to break out and get the lamp, it just dawned on me that VO of Jafar talking is in fact that scene, makes me wonder what else is changed and how Jafar actually convinces Al to do it for him, seems like they randomly meet in the desert:stoneface:

I didn’t mess with Aladdin like that but I’ve enjoyed all these Disney live action movies so far so lll go to see it.

As a Robin William fan I only cared for him. But now Will doing it seems odd but who knows this may works out for him.

Is there any buzz for dumbo? I don’t see many commercials for it and dunno if people even interested in it.

Back
Top Bottom