DISNEY Classics Live-Action Remakes - The Little Mermaid opens 05/26/23

its not "exactly" a cinderella movie...

Plot details are being kept in a shoebox, but the story is described as a modern reimagining of the traditional tale of the orphaned girl with an evil stepmother, with a musical bent thrown in for good measure.
So..... Annie :lol:

Seems like these contemporary adaptations have been released to fund Disney+ . That’s not to say they won’t be of decent quality, but look at the frequency they’ve been released. It was about once a year and now we get Dumbo, Lion King, and Aladdin within 6 months?

I’m in there like swimwear for Lion King though.

disney just has a year filled with other movies

they have pixar, marvel and star wars that needs to be separated so they do not cannibalize each others box office

at this point, disney+ should be fully funded and should be in the finishing phase which i think they plan to release this year(?)

no way are they still trying to raise money to bring disney+ into fruition

I liked the previous lion king trailer a lot better.

It's the same problem as the jungle book again. They haven't figured out how to have these photo realistic animal faces emote when they speak.

The faces are just flat and the only thing that moves is the mouth

I'll still watch cuz it's the lion king but my expectations are down

Last edited:
Meh. Lukewarm on Lion King. Scar just not the same without Jeremy Irons voice. His performance was just as iconic as Robin as Genie. And at least Irons is still alive :smh:

And as others have said, these animals look expressionless.

Zimmer soundtrack sounds :pimp: as usual though

Something looks really off with Lion King. The uncanny valley effect is all over. It wasn’t even as prevalent in the Jungle Book live action and there were human actors in the film as well. I’m not sold...

Again, simply no point to all this. They’re making a cgi cartoon of a cartoon. They should just redraw everything or something and keep everything OG was some added deleted scenes or something. Change the style. I have no ambition to see any of this remakes

I mean I appreciate the realism for this one specifically because I'm interested in how they translate it

But hopefully these realistic animals convey emotion in a convincing way because clearly they're not going to be doing traditional cgi facial expressions

If you look closely they're expressing themselves the way real animals do. Look at how Simba's ears fold back when Scar tells him to run

And yes a Lion King 3 would have been the wiser choice to me

Scar should have a black mane. But let’s be honest we all going to see this and it’s going to make alot. I say it challenges Episode IX second highest grossing movie

lion_king_ver3_xlg.jpg

^It does.

Also, am I not surprised that John Oliver is playing Zazu? lol

i mean the cartoon was based on india to an extent, the castle was inspired by the taj mahal in india

Back
Top Bottom