DISNEYLAND/DISNEYWORLD APPRECIATION!!! PUT IN UR ORDER FOR AN NT DISNEY SPIRIT JERSEY NOW!!!

dammit thought it was a rumor. now the only way to ride Tower of Terror would be to go to Florida. do we even need a GotG ride with SW land coming?? I actually liked waiting in line for Tower of Terror tbh

Vid says it's the start of a more immersive world so I assume they're pretty much going to turn that area into like Marvel-Land of sorts. I mean Cap and Spidey are over there already.

Tower of terror is wack AF anyways. If it was the disneyworld version I might have some beef but the DCA version was straight trash.

They're planning on building "marvel land" right behind where tower of terror currently is anyways, so why delay the inevitable?
whats the difference between the Disneyworld version and DCA?

HyperSpace Mountain might be ending soon as Disney is bringing back Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy for Halloween 2016.

They might return after the holiday season has passed but the sure sign would be if Season of the Force stays put despite HyperSpace Mountain being gone.

Launch Bay will probably stay and just get some Rogue One update of sorts.

Have an invite to stay at the Grand Californian one of the upcoming weeks (three free nights). I really don't want to drive/fly down there or pay for the tickets though.

I was planning a trip to Disneyworld this Sept and had a few questions:

-Is it a good time to go around late Sept?

-How's the weather usually?

-Any good spots to checkout while in Orlando?

-Is a hopper pass recommended and are there any good deals on tickets? (Plan to hit up all parks)

A few of my coworkers told me its a bad time to go (hurricane season, Zika, shootings...) but interested in what other people have to say.

Thanks!

Great time to go around late sept, kids are back in school and its right before the thanksgiving/Xmas holidays, which obviously gets hectic w people also trying to beat the cold in addition .......

Depending on how long you're staying I'd get the 3 day Disney park hopper for around 225$ lets you go to
multiple parks in one day ....

Orlando NTers hold this man down w the rest and a better deal on tix

Last edited:
Have an invite to stay at the Grand Californian one of the upcoming weeks (three free nights). I really don't want to drive/fly down there or pay for the tickets though.
How did you get 3 free nights lol I'll take that any day

I've posted about it before. My friend has a timeshare there.

She's going that weekend and asked if I wanted to accompany.

Just checked for ticket prices. They're actually cheaper than I thought. I'm thinking about it now.

Last edited:
I've posted about it before. My friend has a timeshare there.

She's going that weekend and asked if I wanted to accompany.

Just checked for ticket prices. They're actually cheaper than I thought. I'm thinking about it now.

Damn, didn't know they had timeshares. Would go in a heartbeat and take a vacay

The Disney Vacation Club. I bought into it last year with my fiancée. We could get GC but when we live a few hours away it would seem like a waste to use it in Anaheim when we could go to Disney resorts all over the world. But agin, if somebody offered for free, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

I was planning a trip to Disneyworld this Sept and had a few questions:

-Is it a good time to go around late Sept?
-How's the weather usually?
-Any good spots to checkout while in Orlando?
-Is a hopper pass recommended and are there any good deals on tickets? (Plan to hit up all parks)

A few of my coworkers told me its a bad time to go (hurricane season, Zika, shootings...) but interested in what other people have to say.

Thanks!

Good time to go

I will be out there for a week around the middle of September. Cape May buffet at the beach club resort is one of my recommendations for food.

The Disney Vacation Club. I bought into it last year with my fiancée. We could get GC but when we live a few hours away it would seem like a waste to use it in Anaheim when we could go to Disney resorts all over the world. But agin, if somebody offered for free, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

I was looking into that. How many points are you paying for a year if you don't mind me asking?

Also, if you're going in September, check the refurb calendar. September is around the time they close down rides for refurbishments.

Last edited:
I honestly can't remember what it is we're paying per point. What I do know is that you can either borrow or bank points from the previous or next year. For example, if I had 100 points this year and bank the points toward next year I'd have 200 points, but I wouldn't be able to use anymore points for the year. Also, if I did that and waited for 2017 I could borrow points from 2018 to give a total of 300 points for 2017. That would leave me without points for 2018 but could have a really nice 2017 vacation. Of course this would mean one nice vacation every 3 years, which I don't mind.

First time going to Disney October 29-November 2. Can anyone help me out and give me some tips

This would depend on how many of the parks you're going to. What I would do is go to Disneyworld's website and reserve dining and rides. What Disneyworld does that Disneyland cannot (yet) is reserve fast passes for a specific time range. Schedule your fast passes around your dining and you should be money. It's not always going to be perfect but it sure beats trying to do everything on the fly.

Anyone bought tickets from visitorlando.com?

They have buy 4 day hopper and  get 1 day free but wondering if it's legit or not

Disney Resort to build new 7-story parking structure, elevated walkway ahead of 'Star Wars' land

Disney intends to construct a transportation hub, a massive parking structure and a pedestrian bridge over Harbor Boulevard connecting them with Disneyland and Disney California Adventure ahead of the opening of “Star Wars” land in its signature theme park.

According to documents filed Wednesday in City Hall, the company proposes to start building a seven-story, 6,800-space parking structure next year along Disney Way.

The park also plans to shutter its current transportation hub, where buses from some Disney parking lots and hotel shuttles drop off visitors near the theme parks’ main gates to build the new one on a Disney-owned site about a half-mile away on Manchester Avenue.

The Carousel Inn and Suites, which Disney purchased last year for $32 million, would close in October and eventually get razed to make way for a pedestrian walkway leading from the new transit hub to the bridge 20 feet above Harbor.

Parkgoers would go through security and then take the bridge toward the entrances of Disneyland and Disney California Adventure. There are no plans for a moving walkway.

"This will help bring more people to the parks to check out the ‘Star Wars’ land and Marvel attractions they are planning in the future,” said Robert Niles, editor at ThemeParkInsider.com. “Clearly, Disney needs more parking to accommodate the new and returning visitors. ... Fans will welcome this."

This massive upgrade of its Anaheim property aims to boost parking capacity and help calm traffic on three oft-packed perimeter streets: Harbor, Ball Road and Katella Avenue. The new layout would encourage northbound I-5 drivers to slide into the new parking structure without going onto those three streets.

Dubbed the Eastern Gateway Project, the development is part of a $1 billion investment pledge Disney made with the city last year in exchange for Anaheim not levying an entertainment gate tax on park visitors.

“The Eastern Gateway is part of our substantial investment in Anaheim, which will provide additional guest parking and help to alleviate congestion in the Resort District as we continue to expand the Disneyland Resort,” Disney spokeswoman Suzi Brown said.

The entire project is scheduled for completion in late 2018.

Construction for Disneyland’s “Star Wars” land began earlier this year. No opening date has been set. Disney recently won approval to build a four-diamond luxury hotel in the northern part of Downtown Disney, with construction slated for 2018 and completion in 2021.

There are no plans to expand either park onto where the current transportation hub sits between Disneyland and California Adventure.

In recent years, Disney had assembled property required for this latest project. Prior to purchasing the Carousel, the company spent $48 million on a 13-acre site on Manchester.

Sometimes parking is so strained at the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim that guests are directed to park at the nearby Convention Center or at the GardenWalk retail center. Employees, on the busiest days, park at Angel Stadium and get shuttled the two miles.

Disney’s latest development is expected to undergo a 30-day review by city officials. Then, the project will go to the Planning Commission when Disney seeks a conditional-use permit for the pedestrian bridge and the transit hub. The parking lot, previously announced, is already approved.

City officials said they would help Disney control traffic during construction.

Last edited:
I ended up going to Disneyland on Saturday (hotel Friday-Sunday). We only did one day at DCA though.

On Saturday morning, it took us close to an hour just to get through the metal detectors. DCA was full, but there weren't many lines for the rides. I think it's because of how hot/humid it was.
The only rides we didn't get on were Hollywood Tower of Terror and California Screaming. I thoroughly enjoyed the Soarin' over the World ride. I also thought the Frozen play was worth waiting for (probably because it was an hour long in a air conditioned theater with comfortable seating).

Grabbed lunch at Tortilla Jo's and it was better than expected.

I honestly liked it more than the other trips when we have done two or three days at both parks.

Staying at the Grand Californian is overrated. It's nice to be really close from the park, but the rooms are mediocre.

Back
Top Bottom