DISNEYLAND/DISNEYWORLD APPRECIATION!!! PUT IN UR ORDER FOR AN NT DISNEY SPIRIT JERSEY NOW!!!

got back yesterday from a few days at the park, hadn’t been in over a year. maaaan, the park was crowded :lol: i knew it was spring break and i expected crowds but i don’t think ive ever seem it where the shortest line for a ride is and hour :wow:

it was good to be back at the parks though, even through the construction. food and wine festival food was pretty good. at least the stuff we tried.

got back yesterday from a few days at the park, hadn’t been in over a year. maaaan, the park was crowded :lol: i knew it was spring break and i expected crowds but i don’t think ive ever seem it where the shortest line for a ride is and hour :wow:

it was good to be back at the parks though, even through the construction. food and wine festival food was pretty good. at least the stuff we tried.
Yeeeah
I’m going after the crowds
Been fiending
May call out just to be able to go

Me, too. With how busy it's been, even during the off seasons, it's worth missing work time for Disneyland to go when it's the slowest.

Planning on taking my girl for her bday mid may, is it crowded then? Is the max pass worth it for tues/wed?

Last time I went, the lines were already 2hr standby and it was only the magic hour.

damn, that’s insane :smh:

Planning on taking my girl for her bday mid may, is it crowded then? Is the max pass worth it for tues/wed?

it’ll be busy for sure.
max pass is always worth it. i was skeptical till i tried it. save you a lot of time walking back and fourth for fast passes

Just got back from Hong Kong and made a day trip to the Disneyland there. I was expecting terrible customers, but surprisingly no one cut in line. We got there at 10am on a Sunday when they opened and we were done by around 5pm. The longest we waited was about 10 minutes.

The park is much much smaller than Disneyland CA and they only have fast passes for 3-4 rides. Their space mtn ride was Star Wars themed and listening to the characters speak in Cantonese is a trip. I think the only ride that stood out was their 3d iron man ride, kind of like Star Tours but not as dizzy. If you guys are ever in HK, it's worth it to stop by. Cheap tickets too!

if anyone cares about Universal Studios (can't find the Universal thread)...

Rumor: Universal Studios Opening a Fourth Theme Park in Florida

Universal Studios is reportedly in development on a fourth theme park for its Orlando location that could rival nearby Walt Disney World. Currently, Universal Orlando consists of two actual theme parks (Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure) and one water park (Volcano Bay), along with an entertainment complex. That could all change, however, with the addition of a mysterious new park.

If true, the park would be the end result of a lot of planning. In 2015 and 2017, Universal Orlando surprised everyone with the purchase of two pieces of land totaling more than 570 acres and costing an excess of $157 million. At that point, it was clear that the opening of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in 2010 wouldn’t be Universal’s last attempt to overtake Disney World. There’s been a lot of speculation since then about what kind of new attractions Universal is planning but not a lot of information… until now.

Disney and More reports that a fourth Universal park is in development at Orlando, currently going by code name Project 314. The outlet also says that Super Nintendo World is indeed planned for the new park, and it will include rides for Zelda and Mario Kart, as well as a Donkey Kongrollercoaster and Peach Castle at the very center. Supposedly, Universal is also in talks to try and bring Pokémon to Nintendo Land at some point.

The news doesn’t stop there, though, as Universal reportedly also has its eyes set on another major Hollywood franchise. Disney and More’s source has been told that a Lord of the Rings land is also being considered for the fourth park. There have been rumors for almost ten years now that Universal wanted to bring Middle-earth to their parks, so this move could mean that the legal rights are finally in their hands (perhaps a result of Christopher Tolkien’s retirement?). There’s also allegedly a plan to expand Harry Potter in this new park by creating a Ministry of Magic, which would be an extension of The Wizarding World. And lastly, a new Jurassic World thrill ride based on Universal Pictures’ sequels might also make its way into the fourth park.

That brings the total count to four new lands for the fourth park, which is still obviously only in development at this stage. It could be years before parkgoers see it all come to fruition, but purportedly Universal is keen to have it all completed by 2024. Hotels are already being built in the surrounding area, and they’re not wasting any time in setting it all up.

Cant wait for my trip in Sept. Staying at poly for the 1st time, (thanks DVCrentalstore) Gonna be taking more off days this trip and get dining plan so I can try some of the nicer places to eat!

we hit it the week before you when we got some rain...only went for dinner ( plaza inn fried chicken :pimp:)
but lines for star tours was like 15 min stand by

nothing like rainy day at the park though it sucks that some ride like Carsland Racers are closed, it's a good trade off to avoid crowds

i love it that SoCalers feel like they're going to melt with a little sprinkle of rain :lol:

we hit it the week before you when we got some rain...only went for dinner ( plaza inn fried chicken :pimp:)
but lines for star tours was like 15 min stand by
Plaza inn fried chicken is so trash
Food gave me a stomach ache
Was sick all night
Till I threw it up
Me and my wife
Never going there again

nothing like rainy day at the park though it sucks that some ride like Carsland Racers are closed, it's a good trade off to avoid crowds

i love it that SoCalers feel like they're going to melt with a little sprinkle of rain :lol:
Yeah Cali folks
We always run at the first sign of s sprinkle

Plaza inn fried chicken is so trash
Food gave me a stomach ache
Was sick all night
Till I threw it up
Me and my wife
Never going there again

qx4rD.gif

Me and my girl went last week. I had no idea it was spring break. Radiator Springs was at least 90 to 150 minutes each day. Saw it one time at 200+ :wow:
At least we were able to ride Guardians 3 times.

The food at the Cali Wine and Food Festival was bleh but the drinks were pretty good.
Had the fried chicken from Plaza Inn for the first time and I really liked it.
Ate at Carthay Circle for the World Of Color dinner package. I prefer Wine Country Trattoria.
Ariel's Grotto was closed last time we went so I'm glad I was able to try it for the first time. My girl ordered the earthquake off the secret menu and I looked at her like:wow:. It's not even noon and you basically ordered an Adios:lol:

I don't drink, but there's nothing quite like being lit at Disneyland on a slow day, i start noticing the little stuff more. The hidden Mickey game gets super fun.

wait, school me on the reopening of the pier? And the cove bar?

I’m goin in two weeks during mid week for my daughters 3rd bday. Can’t wait!

Disneyland Is Getting Mobile Ordering, So No More Waiting in Line

Bring your phone chargers — and your appetite — because Disneyland will soon let you purchase snacks, drinks and meals from your smartphone.

The California theme park resort announced today that restaurants throughout Disneyland and Disney California Adventure will begin allowing mobile ordering. When the digital enhancement arrives to the Disneyland app, guests will be able to browse menus, place an order and select a time to pick up their meal, all without having to wait in line. After “checking in” upon arrival by pressing a button indicating they’re at the restaurant, one’s order will appear moments later at a designated window.

Mobile ordering is already in use at Walt Disney World quick-service restaurants across the four parks and it’s only a matter of time before famed Disney foods like Mickey-shaped beignets and turkey legs can be ordered on the go at Disneyland, saving you from wasting the afternoon waiting for Instagram-worthy yummies. Though plenty of quick-service restaurants are bound to offer the service, there’s also a good chance mobile ordering will be put to use for Dole Whip, one of the most in-demand foods and longest lines at Disneyland. Aloha Isle at Magic Kingdom in Florida already offers mobile ordering, and with two sides to Disneyland’s Tiki Juice Bar kiosk, all signs point to the pineapple treat being that much easier to obtain.

With the ability to skip lines for attractions with MaxPass and soon skip food queues with mobile ordering, Disneyland Resort is making it even easier to spend time within the parks.

Even better for locals, Disneyland’s forthcoming dining enhancement will automatically apply Annual Pass discounts, letting frequent visitors benefit even more from the program.

Doctor Strange could soon open 'portals between dimensions' at Disneyland Resort

The Sorcerer Supreme might soon be cozying up at the House of Mouse.

Following Disney’s March 20 announcement that a Marvel-themed land was in the works at the Disneyland Resort, the Disney Parks Blog confirmed Thursday that guests will be able to get up close and personal with beloved comic book character Doctor Strange — portrayed by Benedict Cumberbatch in the 2016 box office hit of the same name — at Disney California Adventure in the near future.

“Guests will soon get a glimpse into his magical, mind-bending world when he appears for the first time,” at the 17-year-old theme park, the blog reads. “Doctor Strange travels great distances in an instant by opening portals between dimensions. There’s no telling where and when he might appear.”

Specific details regarding Doctor Strange’s placement inside the park have yet to be announced, though the news comes as Disney continues to increase the presence of Marvel characters at its theme park locations around the world. Disneyland Paris’ second gate, Walt Disney Studios, is set to open a Marvel-themed area in 2020, as is Hong Kong Disneyland. A Guardians of the Galaxy-themed roller coaster is on track to open at Disney World’s Epcot park in 2021.

Across the last decade, California Adventure underwent an extensive $1.1 billion overhaul in an effort to bring more Disney and Pixar properties to visitors, including elaborate rides and attractions based on Toy Story, Cars, and The Little Mermaid. Last year, the park’s popular Tower of Terror attraction underwent a lengthy refurbishment, later reopening with a Marvel twist as Guardians of the Galaxy — Mission: BREAKOUT!

Back
Top Bottom