DISNEYLAND/DISNEYWORLD APPRECIATION!!! PUT IN UR ORDER FOR AN NT DISNEY SPIRIT JERSEY NOW!!!

Taking my 10 year old daughter back to Orlando this week from Ohio
Thursday thru Sunday

We went in February
We went to Epcot,magic kingdom ,animal kingdom
Had a good time

Only reason we coming back is on the way there our flight was overbooked so got free plane vouchers

I know this is a Disney thread...money is tight I might have enough to only hit one park this trip and other day do something light

My daughter is 10 I was think maybe we hit universal or should I take her to Hollywood studios
That’s the only park we missed I see universal has more rides she might like in her age group I don’t think they have fast pass tho fast pass was so clutch when we went back in feb

Any advice

So far Hollywood Studios it might be just because of fast past or I’m think we wake up early and get to universal studios first thing not paying extra for their skip the line passes :smh:

Which universal park will y’all pick ?

Sorry I can't help, my guy. I spend all my loot over here in the west coast. Stick around, though. Theres dudes who frequent Disney world in here, maybe they're asleep.

no experience with florida parks either but in terms of which universal park to go to, whichever has the Wizarding World of HP is going to be my choice, if your daughter is a big fan of the movies that could be something she might really enjoy

Its Christmas starting on the 9th of November, may be the 8th. If you haven't experienced it, it gives the place a different vibe. Between that and Halloween those are probably my favorite times to visit. If your talking crowds, place is a madhouse the closer you get to any holiday from here until January.

Hollywood Studios lowkey underrated. The new Toy Story land just opened. Your daughter would probably enjoy the Frozen sing along and Beauty and the Beast show as well. For you, I recommend getting a beer at Baseline Tap house, really good drinks and vibe there.

As far as universal parks, both have Harry Potter attractions. If you have the park hopper, you can cross over to Hogwarts like in the movies. I prefer Universal Studios over Islands of Adventure but I haven't been in a minute

Hollywood Studios lowkey underrated. The new Toy Story land just opened. Your daughter would probably enjoy the Frozen sing along and Beauty and the Beast show as well. For you, I recommend getting a beer at Baseline Tap house, really good drinks and vibe there.

As far as universal parks, both have Harry Potter attractions. If you have the park hopper, you can cross over to Hogwarts like in the movies. I prefer Universal Studios over Islands of Adventure but I haven't been in a minute

Thanks I appreciate it so I’ll probably go to Disney studios or universal studios Friday still deciding

Saturday I was thinking of hitting Disney Springs or unviersal walk I heard they are free? Are they just big malls

Need something to do Saturday they won’t break the bank

Yeah, free entrance at both FYI but Disney Springs is free to park, I believe City Walk isn't.

And yeah both are technically just outdoor malls with shops and restaurants. Disney Springs has the Trophy Store (MJ's son's store) and new Star Wars VR. Some of my friends that recently went said it's a must, I believe it's $35 a head. Not sure what unique things City Walk has anymore

As far as universal parks, both have Harry Potter attractions. If you have the park hopper, you can cross over to Hogwarts like in the movies.

i want to go to those two parks so bad and hop on the hogwarts express to get from one to the other, i'll probably wait til the new coaster opens though as the description on that one sounds awesome

Glad Lamplight lounge still has the "secret menu"

20181102_152321.jpg

Does anyone have any experience staying at the Hotels at Disneyworld? Im trying to plan a trip in May.

I’ve stayed at the all-star sports and the art of animation. Both are about the same level i believe, pretty basic. although they do have a cafeteria at each one, which is nice when you come back from the park tired and just want a quick bite or want a quick breakfast. next time i’ll lrobably step it up a level or two price wise to try out something different

Yeah, free entrance at both FYI but Disney Springs is free to park, I believe City Walk isn't.

And yeah both are technically just outdoor malls with shops and restaurants. Disney Springs has the Trophy Store (MJ's son's store) and new Star Wars VR. Some of my friends that recently went said it's a must, I believe it's $35 a head. Not sure what unique things City Walk has anymore

Good looking I’m ubering everywhere so parking not a big deal

Hmm if I had to make a comparison is there one thats like a Disneyland Resort or Grand Californian?

If your looking for Disneyland hotel range then check the moderate resorts...Grand Californian would be similar to the deluxe resorts they offer in Florida...

For long trips we go deluxe, usually Animal Kingdom Lodge...Shorter trips we go mid range, usually Coranado Springs or Port Orleans Riverside...

Our trip last February was the first for our kids so we tried Pop Century, which is a value resort...Figured they would have more fun types of things for the kids to do...Really more of a motel type of feel there...This was our first trip in a while so we loved it regardless...

No bad stays during any of our trips though...

To put it in Disneyland terms...

Florida’s deluxe catagory of resorts would be Grand Calafornian level...Moderate resorts would be Disneyland Hotel...Value resorts would be Paradise Pier...

Last edited:
About to hit up universal studios.
Just trying to figure if it's worth paying the extra for the Islands of adventure. Only gonna be here for one day.

Back
Top Bottom