DISNEYLAND/DISNEYWORLD APPRECIATION!!! PUT IN UR ORDER FOR AN NT DISNEY SPIRIT JERSEY NOW!!!

First time poster in this thread. Lots of good tips/advice. Thanks for the input from everyone!

Leaving for a short trip (4 days) in 2 weeks for WDW. Didn.t get to experience the "magic" as a child, but thankfully my wife talked me into going for our first trip in 2017. We went again this past September, and decided to get AP.s, so going again in February was an easy decision. I always thought it was silly, or something that I wouldn.t enjoy, but it really becomes something special when you get bit by the Disney "bug". To make it even better, we are expecting our first child, so we are both looking forward to that experience the next time we are able to go after this trip....Sorry for the ramble, just wanted to share.

Zootopia Land coming to Shanghai Disney
upload_2019-1-24_5-50-30.png

Today, Shanghai Disney Resort announced that a “Zootopia”-themed land is coming to Shanghai Disneyland, marking the second major expansion since the resort opened in 2016. Based on the Walt Disney Animation Studios’ hit animated movie, this exciting development will be the park’s eighth themed land and the first-ever “Zootopia”-themed land at any Disney park.

Guests will be invited to experience the mammalian metropolis of Zootopia “where anyone can be anything,” with a new major attraction that will seamlessly blend Disney storytelling and state-of-the-art technology to bring this fan-favorite movie and its characters to life – including Judy Hopps and Nick Wilde. Entertainment, merchandise, and food and beverage offerings will invite guests to fully immerse themselves in the Academy-Award-winning animated movie.

The development of the world’s first “Zootopia”-themed land follows the huge success of the “Zootopia” animated movie globally, particularly in China where it broke box office records to become the country’s No. 1 animated feature film in history.

Construction is targeted to begin later this year! As always, keep your eyes on the Disney Parks Blog for more exciting updates all the way from Shanghai Disney Resort.

First time poster in this thread. Lots of good tips/advice. Thanks for the input from everyone!

Leaving for a short trip (4 days) in 2 weeks for WDW. Didn.t get to experience the "magic" as a child, but thankfully my wife talked me into going for our first trip in 2017. We went again this past September, and decided to get AP.s, so going again in February was an easy decision. I always thought it was silly, or something that I wouldn.t enjoy, but it really becomes something special when you get bit by the Disney "bug". To make it even better, we are expecting our first child, so we are both looking forward to that experience the next time we are able to go after this trip....Sorry for the ramble, just wanted to share.
Dude you are going to have so much fun, you are going to be like a 8 year old going for the first time. Enjoy let us know how the trip goes.

Good move for Disney making a Zootopia theme area in Shanghai it really makes sense.

so it’s just a normal room with a cool key?

the room i stayed at when i went looked nicer than that actually

Best time to start your first fastpass res for WDW? 10am or 11am?
Will be making a trip to all the parks end of march and staying at disney resorts

make plan on which park you want to do first. . . . time isn't important unless you make a plan first

i bought the sip & savor card which allows you to get 6 items from the kiosks

i believe its $40 minus my AP discount and i paid $36

some of those asian dishes cost about $6-$8 so its worth it for that card but if you want to make it really worth your money, get the bahn mi or teriyaki chicken at the paradise restaurant (at the end of pier) because each of those cost $11 to $12

cookies & cream is $6 and i think i paid ~$15 for the beef-poutine and dessert from red-rose after my AP disco so $57... more or less, which isn't too bad i guess

i didn't include my end of the day meal at naples and some to go cupcakes from sprinkles :lol: but as a tip if you're an AP member, plenty of stores/restaurant at downtown accept AP discounts too

i didn't initially post these naples pics because light kind of sucked so i'll spoiler it :lol:

food was really good at naples, gon try ballast point next

naplespizza.jpg

chicken parm.jpg

napleslamb.jpg

i bought the sip & savor card which allows you to get 6 items from the kiosks

i believe its $40 minus my AP discount and i paid $36

some of those asian dishes cost about $6-$8 so its worth it for that card but if you want to make it really worth your money, get the bahn mi or teriyaki chicken at the paradise restaurant (at the end of pier) because each of those cost $11 to $12

cookies & cream is $6 and i think i paid ~$15 for the beef-poutine and dessert from red-rose after my AP disco so $57... more or less, which isn't too bad i guess

i didn't include my end of the day meal at naples and some to go cupcakes from sprinkles :lol: but as a tip if you're an AP member, plenty of stores/restaurant at downtown accept AP discounts too

i didn't initially post these naples pics because light kind of sucked so i'll spoiler it :lol:

food was really good at naples, gon try ballast point next

naplespizza.jpg

chicken parm.jpg

napleslamb.jpg
Don’t u dare diss Naples
The panzeroti thing is good as hell
The pizza dough that’s filled with cheese and fried is :pimp:
And I always order a large pepperoni pizza with extra cheese
Not that margheritta pizza

oh, i loved naples, i meant the pics were crappy :lol: unfortunately iphone sucks when light isn't ideal

margerite is the standard i put pizza places to the test so i try to get that as much as possible first and they passed, i got the individual because i used it as an appetizer

DAMN wife was just asking me if I want to go in March for my birthday or Atlanta. Decisions, decisions.

no other pics but probably opens in the back like the other mickey shaped ones

Disneyland-Mickey-Balloon-Popcorn-Bucket-Yellow.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-30_8-38-28.jpeg
    upload_2019-1-30_8-38-28.jpeg
    6.9 KB · Views: 4
Ahhh I see, don't know it I would get them even though I LOVE popcorn. Seems like it doesn't hold much and would be a pain to get all the popcorn.

so this was the reason space mountain was closed when i went two days ago

Disneyland’s Space Mountain remains closed after visitor climbs off ride in motion

A Southern California man in his 20s climbed off Disneyland’s Space Mountain roller coaster while it was moving on Tuesday afternoon and had to be guided to safety by employees, according to police and theme park officials.

The uninjured man walked under his own power to the Disneyland first aid station and was later taken to the hospital for a precautionary examination, according to Disney officials.

Anaheim police responded to a medical aid call at the park. Initial reports indicated that the man had fallen out of the ride, but that turned out to not be the case, said Anaheim police Sgt. Daron Wyatt.

“He didn’t fall out,” Wyatt said. “He had to maneuver himself around the safety mechanism.”

The man, who has cognitive disabilities, climbed out of the moving train in the dark during a slower portion of the ride as the coaster was making its initial climb, Wyatt said. Disneyland attraction operators stopped the coaster once they realized the man was not on the ride and located him, Wyatt said.

Anaheim police did not have the man’s name or age because there was no injury and no police report was filed, Wyatt said.

Disneyland officials said they immediately contacted the California Division of Occupational Safety and Health, the state agency that inspects amusement park rides. Space Mountain remains closed while DOSH investigators inspect the ride, Disneyland officials said.

Disneyland officials said the ride vehicle’s lap bar restraint remained engaged and that the man “used force to maneuver his way out of the vehicle.”

Back
Top Bottom