DISNEYLAND/DISNEYWORLD APPRECIATION!!! PUT IN UR ORDER FOR AN NT DISNEY SPIRIT JERSEY NOW!!!

i dont think its gon' be fully operational these reservations days though, i think read somewhere that the droids that are suppose to be roaming around won't be there until later but let us know for sure

i am curious how they let people in and kick people out

i think they'll make the entrance for the reservations by the hungry bear entrance so that it doesn't impede that walkway from frontierland to fantasyland as thats a bottleneck

in addition to the $299 entry fee to the 50th anniv of the haunted mansion party, here's a list of merch so you can spend a few thousands more if you want but it is on a drawing system so sign up now so you can give more $$$$ to the mouse: https://www.eventswithdisney.com/pr...D=0x123957b812&varPage=home&&varPage=activity

party does sound good though:

Going our way? Celebrating 50 Years of the Haunted Mansion ‘Retirement Unliving’ at Disneyland Park

You never know what strange things will materialize when happy haunts are involved. It’s been a couple of years now (though it feels like 50) since I’ve had the chance to write, or in this case “ghost” write for the Disney Parks Blog, and I’ve very much missed so many of you kind souls …

One of our most beloved Disneyland Resort attractions, Haunted Mansion, is celebrating its 50th Anniversary this year. To celebrate, we’re throwing an “under the hill” soiree and I’m excited to share the event details with you now.

In August, choose to attend one of the “The Haunted Mansion: Celebrating 50 Years of Retirement Unliving” events. These after-hours events at Disneyland park are filled with chills, thrills and frightful fun. Unearth commemorative anniversary merchandise items, delight in spirited sips and bites, enjoy special entertainment, character encounters, photo ops, and access to several west-side park attractions, plus a few supernatural surprises.

Here are the event highlights:

• Gather for a 13th Hour Celebration Kick-off moment along the Rivers of America. Madame Leota will make a special appearance to conjure up the ensuing party festivities, lovingly referred to as a “Swinging Wake.” Other supernatural surprises include a lively cavalcade of musicians, dancers and performers from beyond the grave.
  • Re-create hauntingly fun moments and scenes from the attraction against themed backdrops. You’ll also receive unlimited digital downloads of Disney PhotoPass photos taken during the event.
  • Enjoy event-themed food and beverages, in addition to other unique menu items available for purchase at select park locations.
  • Mix and mingle with some of our dearly departed souls and otherworldly characters from the Haunted Mansion.
  • Pay homage to 50 phenomenal years through themed décor as 999 tenants anxiously await their newest arrivals.
  • Enjoy after-hours access to select attractions in New Orleans Square, Critter Country, Frontierland and Adventureland. Note: Select attractions will close early during the event.
  • See and be seen while wearing attire inspired by your favorite happy haunts! Plus, limited-time Snapchat filters and event hashtags are great for pics posted on your social media feeds.
  • Get your first look at all of the Estate Merchandise that has been conjured up for the event. You won’t believe your eyes.

Heading out Sunday with the wife and I only. Just gonna hit up all the good rides. Excited for that since it’s been a while.

in addition to the $299 entry fee to the 50th anniv of the haunted mansion party, here's a list of merch so you can spend a few thousands more if you want but it is on a drawing system so sign up now so you can give more $$$$ to the mouse: https://www.eventswithdisney.com/pr...D=0x123957b812&varPage=home&&varPage=activity

party does sound good though:

Going our way? Celebrating 50 Years of the Haunted Mansion ‘Retirement Unliving’ at Disneyland Park

You never know what strange things will materialize when happy haunts are involved. It’s been a couple of years now (though it feels like 50) since I’ve had the chance to write, or in this case “ghost” write for the Disney Parks Blog, and I’ve very much missed so many of you kind souls …

One of our most beloved Disneyland Resort attractions, Haunted Mansion, is celebrating its 50th Anniversary this year. To celebrate, we’re throwing an “under the hill” soiree and I’m excited to share the event details with you now.

In August, choose to attend one of the “The Haunted Mansion: Celebrating 50 Years of Retirement Unliving” events. These after-hours events at Disneyland park are filled with chills, thrills and frightful fun. Unearth commemorative anniversary merchandise items, delight in spirited sips and bites, enjoy special entertainment, character encounters, photo ops, and access to several west-side park attractions, plus a few supernatural surprises.

Here are the event highlights:

• Gather for a 13th Hour Celebration Kick-off moment along the Rivers of America. Madame Leota will make a special appearance to conjure up the ensuing party festivities, lovingly referred to as a “Swinging Wake.” Other supernatural surprises include a lively cavalcade of musicians, dancers and performers from beyond the grave.
  • Re-create hauntingly fun moments and scenes from the attraction against themed backdrops. You’ll also receive unlimited digital downloads of Disney PhotoPass photos taken during the event.
  • Enjoy event-themed food and beverages, in addition to other unique menu items available for purchase at select park locations.
  • Mix and mingle with some of our dearly departed souls and otherworldly characters from the Haunted Mansion.
  • Pay homage to 50 phenomenal years through themed décor as 999 tenants anxiously await their newest arrivals.
  • Enjoy after-hours access to select attractions in New Orleans Square, Critter Country, Frontierland and Adventureland. Note: Select attractions will close early during the event.
  • See and be seen while wearing attire inspired by your favorite happy haunts! Plus, limited-time Snapchat filters and event hashtags are great for pics posted on your social media feeds.
  • Get your first look at all of the Estate Merchandise that has been conjured up for the event. You won’t believe your eyes.
That week is me and the wife’s anniversary
And I happen to have that whole week off
I JUST might go

edit: ok i found the yt vid of a similar event they had, i initially thought it was at DL but it was at WDW and it was a private event

the DL events probably going to be a bigger and grander version of this with more characters walking around

Disneyland vacation club is so legit, glad we didn’t overpay for it. Best part about it is using the Disney buses going to one park to the other :pimp:

I don’t miss driving at all which is a game changer :smokin

edit: ok i found the yt vid of a similar event they had, i initially thought it was at DL but it was at WDW and it was a private event

the DL events probably going to be a bigger and grander version of this with more characters walking around

disney actors man :lol:
they be good
the ballerina at the beginning was cute

i love it when they stay in character, we only really experience small bits of it if were meeting the princesses but i dont really interact with them since i have no kids so it becomes that creepy dude who has disney princess fetish :lol:

i think thats gon' be the best part of the event, i just hope the themed foods and drinks are included for that price

i love it when they stay in character, we only really experience small bits of it if were meeting the princesses but i dont really interact with them since i have no kids so it becomes that creepy dude who has disney princess fetish :lol:

i think thats gon' be the best part of the event, i just hope the themed foods and drinks are included for that price
yo the one who plays the evil queen
she mad cute
be disappointed when i see someone else
as evil queen in her place
tall as hell too :lol:

refurb on pizza planet almost complete and it looks much better now

moonliner-rocket-pizza-planet-disneyland-may-2019_5-1200x900.jpeg

moonliner-rocket-pizza-planet-disneyland-may-2019_4-900x1200.jpeg

REVIEW: First On-Ride Impressions of Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge

Editor’s Note: A very fortunate traveler to Batuu has reported back from Black Spire Outpost and relayed their experiences to us for the information of future travelers. The following is a recollection of their flight aboard the Millennium Falcon. Your interplanetary mileage may vary.

One word: Incredible.

Other accolades apply, of course; amazing, authentic, transformative, detailed, inspired. They all amount to the same thing. Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will be––no, is incredible.

In a mere handful of days, Disney’s eagerly-awaited new land will be opening inside Disneyland Park. Early unveiling has commenced for the few and fortunate. Cast Members and their invited guests can now explore much of Batuu and test ride the one available attraction: Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run.

Just seeing it is an experience. Following the incredibly creative example of Cars Land, and more recently, Pandora, the new Star Wars scene positively transports you to a movie set far, far away. The level of detail and authenticity drag you into another galaxy. The sights, sounds, and eventually the smells… most guests will never realize that the entire area was once––up until very recently––a backstage maintenance facility.

The attraction itself simply adds to the feeling. Guests wind their way through a convincingly fashioned spaceport for a time until making their way, undeniably, onto the decks of a perfectly-reconstructed Millennium Falcon. True to the brand, the queue is part of the adventure, which is fortunate, as guests will be spending a fair amount of time in it. The queue is insanely detailed, think Flight of Passage at Disney’s Animal Kingdom detailed.

It takes a while to get from the head of the line into a seat on the ride. Part of that is intentional. There are several pre-show segments, and a number of hallways and flight decks. Then, there is the fact the entire area is going to be beset by more humans that can practically fit into any limited space, despite what Disney hopes to alleviate with the novel reservation system.

Once in the captain’s chair, the sense of nostalgia is almost overwhelming. The rumors and fleeting online glimpses are true. The ride itself takes place within a true-to-life Millennium Falcon flight simulator.

Veteran Walt Disney World guests will immediately recognize similarities with the much-beloved Star Tours. I’d say the two experiences are parallel in terms of thrill level. While many would liken this to Epcot’s Mission: SPACE attraction due to flashing interactivity and scripted expectations, you really are in full control of your flight experience with the Falcon. That being said, if you incur damage on your journey, you will see it… and feel it.

Six guests at a time enter the legendary Millennium Falcon cockpit, adopting one of three roles: pilot, gunner, and engineer, and are then arranged into two rows, accordingly. The assignment is not strictly nominal. Should you choose to––and you ought––each flier has a series of duties to fulfill. The captain has certain flight responsibilities, gunners get to shoot at potential targets, while engineers are charged with fixing damage wrought by the actions of the others.

All the while, beyond the segmented flight screen, a dramatic galactic adventure unfolds. It can be difficult to focus upon and properly appreciate the space age creativity, what with all the button pressing and piloting going on. Try to balance your responsibilities with the available passive enjoyment, or you may come to the end feeling as though you have missed something. For those who want a more hands-off experience, there are autopilot buttons in the cockpit. You have the option of just setting them and simply enjoying the ride.

Smugglers Run fulfills a lifelong dream for many to pilot the Millennium Falcon, and the level of detail is above all that has preceded it. This, combined with the variations in each ride, will make this a highly repeatable experience for guests… despite the fact that it’s really just the world’s largest arcade gaming cockpit.

we need our resident CM to report back on his SWGE experience

also, WDW was most visited park, no surprise since it more of a tourist spot than DL

157m visitors in all disney parks combined
2018-tea-aecom-rankings-1200x584.jpg

water park attendance
2018-tea-aecom-water-park-rankings-1200x533.jpg

RFX are you one of the YouTube dudes who posts content on weekly Disney updates? lol

nah but i kind of wish that's my job :lol:

wdwnt was just hiring for reporters that required you to write and spend about 40hrs a week in the park, was tempted to apply as a part timer but im still a good hour/hour&half away depending on traffic

what is funny though is that those disney vloggers rarely go on rides, i simply cant visit the park and chill and not ride anything

:smh:
Cast members at Disney set the bar so high for other amusement parks they will never reach such heights. They legit make you feel like your kids are there kids, and immerse you into whatever zone/part of the park you are in. I think about the local Paramount amusement park, high school and college kids doing it strictly for spending money.

Speaking of cute princesses. During the mickeys parade one of the dancers was eyeing your boy and threw a wink my way and of course my wife caught the whole thing :smh: her first words were “I saw that wink” :rofl: luckily my wife is cool and was having fun with it.

Back
Top Bottom