Disney's First African American Princess...

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Originally Posted by SHUGES

I agree it's cool to show the kids that interracial relationships are accepted in all forms.

And this was probably the safest route to go since we all know damn well that Disney (and mainstream America) just isn't ready to have a black prince bagging a little white princess.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Damn son thats %!#! would be
roll.gif

WOWWWW...
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
...that actually never crossed my mind. A black prince, a white princess, and an evil white villain--America would definitely have a hard time accepting that...

smh.gif

They would if you just DID in a GOOD Disney Quality movie. The thing about making a movie like that is to just to do it and not $#%#% food aroundwith it like Disney is doing with Princess and the Frog movie. Like how they did that jungle fever movie in the 90s but this is for the kids with a actuallygood story

laugh.gif
hilarious thread. I don't understand why nearly every movie i've watched with a black main character is filled with only black people. As if theylive in a different world. Hope this is different. I think that the villain looks like Samuel L.

Originally Posted by CarminePOWER

laugh.gif
hilarious thread. I don't understand why nearly every movie i've watched with a black main character is filled with only black people. As if they live in a different world. Hope this is different. I think that the villain looks like Samuel L.

that happens with most movies...except asians cuz i really don't know of any asian films being put out on an even semi regular basis...

Originally Posted by kix4kix

White features, white hair, white princess.
With that logic you could say Beyonce, Tyra Banks, or any number of black female celebrities are white.

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

With that logic you could say Beyonce, Tyra Banks, or any number of black female celebrities are white.
Basically. People find something wrong with everything nowadays. Everything isn't going to be perfect, so just appreciate the progression wehave made so far. A black princess was probably never even though of in Walt Disney studios 30+ years ago.

SHUGES wrote:

I agree it's cool to show the kids that interracial relationships are accepted in all forms.

And this was probably the safest route to go since we all know damn well that Disney (and mainstream America) just isn't ready to have a black prince
bagging a little white princess.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

roll.gif

WOWWWW...
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
...that actually never crossed my mind. A black prince, a white princess, and an evil white villain--America would definitely have a hard time accepting that...

smh.gif

Straight to DVD release.

the one time Disney makes black characters has to be the time our president is black

Disney and their subliminal messages, i wonder what they're gonna put in this movie.

Originally Posted by RECOGNIZE GAME

the one time Disney makes black characters has to be the time our president is black

Disney and their subliminal messages, i wonder what they're gonna put in this movie.

This is purely coincidental. The movie has been in production since 2006--well before Obama graced the Oval Office.

Originally Posted by vctry20

Originally Posted by Sidetrakkd

Disney has been around forever and now they think its time to have a black princess....
smh.gif
yeah because Disney puts out a princess movie like once a year right? the last one I can remember is Mulan and that %%%% had to at least be 10 years ago
Wasn't Simba's girl African American??

last time a checked she was a lion

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
if they wear weave, like the two you listed, they are subscribing to that as well. Not to mention their figure IS NOT WHITE.

Originally Posted by Adidas Freak

Basically. People find something wrong with everything nowadays. Everything isn't going to be perfect, so just appreciate the progression we have made so far. A black princess was probably never even though of in Walt Disney studios 30+ years ago.

Thankful for what were given?
laugh.gif
I'll pass you can be happy with it though.

Originally Posted by Adidas Freak

Basically. People find something wrong with everything nowadays. Everything isn't going to be perfect, so just appreciate the progression we have made so far. A black princess was probably never even though of in Walt Disney studios 30+ years ago.

Thankful for what were given?
laugh.gif
I'll pass you can be happy with it though.

^This is idiotic.

laugh.gif
if they wear weave, like the two you listed, they are subscribing to that as well. Not to mention their figure IS NOT WHITE.

So if a black girl didn't have the figure you associate with "black" that makes her more white?

Makes no sense....BTW how can someone help the fact that they don't have a certain figure?

Originally Posted by AG 47

SHUGES wrote:

And this was probably the safest route to go since we all know damn well that Disney (and mainstream America) just isn't ready to have a black prince
bagging a little white princess.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

roll.gif

WOWWWW...
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

smh.gif

Straight to DVD release.
laugh.gif

Word.
Straight to DVD release.................. via your local barbershop or bootleg street vendor.

Back
Top Bottom