Disney's First African American Princess...

Niceeee....

Pictured is the poster to Disney's�The Princess and the Frog, which will feature the first African-American princess. Here is a summation of the movie:

"A musical set in the legendary birthplace of jazz - New Orleans - The Princess and the Frog will introduce the newest Disney princess, Tiana (voiced by Anika Noni Rose), a young African-American girl living amid the charming elegance and grandeur of the fabled French Quarter. From the heart of Louisiana's mystical bayous and the banks of the mighty Mississippi comes an unforgettable tale of love, enchantment and discovery with a soulful singing crocodile, voodoo spells and Cajun charm at every turn."

In addition to Anika Noni Rose (as Princess Tiana), the movie will also feature the voices of Oprah Winfrey, Keith David, Jim Cummings, John Goodman, Jenifer Lewis, Bruno Campos, Michael-Leon Wooley, Peter Bartlett and Terrence Howard. The film will debut in theaters in New York and LA on November 25th before expanding wide on December 11th.

I'm definitely feeling this movie because it looks interesting (speaking from the point of view of an artist) and it's very progressive (imo). Now Iknow Disney and Warner Bros. have a history of illustrating characters that exude strong stereotypes, so I cant help but be a bit wary in this regard. In thelong run though, though I have yet to see this movie, I can tell that it will be a CLASSIC and I def. look forward to seeing the smiles on the face of youngAfrican American children (specifically girls).

Good job Disney

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Does she dies within the first 20 minutes??? It took them 75 years to come up with a african american princess??? SMH AT DISNEY.

Originally Posted by Nothin4ever

Sad ..This is the only change obama brought to the table....
lol Stupid comment.

Even if this were the case, just having little black girls have a Disney princess to look up to and see themselves in her shoes is a great thing. Or even tohave little girls of any color see that princesses can be of any color is also a good thing. Anyways, this is for kids man so stop hating.

pimp.gif

I love Disney!

Originally Posted by mjbetch

light skinned
pimp.gif
haha
lol What's wrong with that? I like light skinned girls of any color / race. I prefer a light skinned black woman over a tanned white one evenif the former is darker than the latter hahaz. Anyways.. Go Disney!

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Originally Posted by Nothin4ever

Sad ..This is the only change obama brought to the table....
lol Stupid comment.

Even if this were the case, just having little black girls have a Disney princess to look up to and see themselves in her shoes is a great thing. Or even to have little girls of any color see that princesses can be of any color is also a good thing. Anyways, this is for kids man so stop hating.

pimp.gif

I love Disney!

Well said...

On another note, why am I wondering what the resale value of this movie's DVDs will be...
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I mean, it's definitely a FIRST in Disney and African American history. But in keeping with tradition, chances are, after it's initial DVD release,it's gonna go into the Disney vault for a while...which means, CHA-CHING...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Nah I'm just kiddin'...
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by MrMoneyInDaBank

She had to be Cerole? Racist. Why couldn't she be from compton?
The movie is centered around JAZZ music. If I'm not mistaking, Louisiana played a much bigger role in JAZZ music history than Compton...

i just watched that clip and it dont look like she going to be black for too long
laugh.gif
smh.gif

the one time Disney makes a movie with African American characters, it has to be about black magic
indifferent.gif

^ are u alluding to the fact that 1st generatoin DVD's and VHS's sell for ahigher price? loll

and it looks nice, saw the prewview for it.. should be interesting.

the movie looks good. but it seems like from the preview she turns into a frog within like 40 seconds of the preview? But i am still gonna see this.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

Originally Posted by MrMoneyInDaBank

She had to be Cerole? Racist. Why couldn't she be from compton?
The movie is centered around JAZZ music. If I'm not mistaking, Louisiana played a much bigger role in JAZZ music history than Compton...

That doesn't justify them making her Creole. Does every movie centered around basketball take place in Massachusetts?

YO! Extra late...

So they rolled with "Tiana." "Maddy" wasn't really cutting it... and her prince is no longer a white male?
nerd.gif
Disney with the save.
pimp.gif

grin.gif

DF!!!

Back
Top Bottom