District 51 destructed?

So I'm up on "The Hill" (HU for the City impaired) doing some research up Thirkield Hall and Founders Library (Rudolph, what up!) and decide to go down on the strip. Lo and behold I see the store closed up and emptied(word to Total Sports).

What's the deal?

Team DC/MD/VA​

MD/DC/VA Forum's Ironhand Enforcer..​
O.G. Member #7 Da God Number​

Damn "O"...you been M.I.A.

I had no clue since I don't even frequent that area too much these days. Damn, there goes that.

That means that it didn't even last a year. Wow. That kinda sucks for the involved parties.
YOU NIKETALK DUDES THAT KNOW ME...
WILL BE PROUD TO SEE HOW I DO THINGS.

im mad i never got the chance to take advantage of that 2 for 40 fitted deal

Team DC/MD/VA​

Yall was takin too long, so we had to do it...
O.G. Member # 11
you got ds size 13 foot patrol air stabs? get at me​

www.district51dc.com

temp location in mondawnmin mall.

#1 mall (gross profits) in the nation not anchored by a major retailer/chain (up until 2008 @ least)

you guys are one month and a few days behind.

Quote:
temp location in mondawnmin mall.

#1 mall (gross profits) in the nation not anchored by a major retailer/chain (up until 2008 @ least)
s. Niketalk and ISS shouldn't be a demographic you build a brick and mortar location on(no acccusing anyone of doing this, so I don't want to see anyone's thongs getting all extra snug....). Most of the boutiques cannot afford to put a $200 AF1 on sale like Shoe City or SportsZone can. Most of these boutiques can't afford to buy as much Stussy or Crooks and Castles as UATW does and let it go on sale when it doesn't fly off the racks.

Not for nothing, D51 was a hot looking store on the wrong block. Look what SportsZone did to their location at The Blvd. Crappy clothes and average shoes, but it looks great.

Carry on, I was just sharing my observations. I got history to finish learning. I just wanted to peek my head in for a second.

Back to the shadows until the 33rd of Neveruary.

Team DC/MD/VA​

MD/DC/VA Forum's Ironhand Enforcer..
O.G. Member #7 Da God Number

DC ShoeDon has a valid point....

i am so dissapointed on what the shoe game became....

i used to be on ebay everyday trynna cop exclusive and retro...now im like whatever

no matter how much i love jordans and nikes...they ruinned the game....i won't even blame the consumer...

they put out jordans and retros every two weeks...i remember when it used to be 2 per year with like 2 different colorways....not its like 50 a year with 100 colorways....and most of them are @#%$...

sorry for me rambling on....just thought i vent

INDUSTRYDESIGNS
we are what's INMYSPACEINDUSTRY DESIGNS

Good second post OMD!!

Points that everyone interested in opening a business should consider and understand.

As for a consignment-oriented shop in that area... I am interested in seeing that as well. I see the attraction to the money being spent on kicks at that mall, but D51 is going to have to deliver product that the hustler's don't see sitting on other people's shelves. And on a continuous basis.

We'll see. Hope it works out for them!

ok maybe i didnt explain myself lol.

Total Sport is at Mondawmin. The owner of District 51 owns Total Sport.

So during the relocation in Washington DC, you can find product at Total Sport in Mondawmin Mall.

OMD great post!

Quote:
So, they go from bad.....to worse? Regardless if Modawmin is still thriving w/o a major anchor(you're talking my language now, considering I worked for Simon Property Group right out of college....), Where does District51 fit into that business model? I have seen stores come and go at that location since Morgan days, and considering the demographic and the shoe stores already cemented there, what makes D51 think they will survive? They already failed as Total Sports, D51 didn't make it a year, and if anyone hasn't noticed, the "exclusive" shoe market isn't as lucrative as it once was. You have 2 other time-tested shoe retailers in that location in DTLR and Shoe City(I'm not even couting Footaction...). I don't even know how consignment will work in that Pennsylvania ave corridor.

but again...Total Sport has been at that location for a minute. its not D51 taking over that location, its just product.

lol.

I have never been to this Mondowin mall and not sure where it is.. I just here ya'll speak of it quite frequently on SB and LS Jordan Release day..

Just how many Shoe Stores does this Mall have? Is it akin to PG Plaza?

Speaking of which.. I sure do miss Athletes House in the Plaza..
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++​
Gratuitus For Sale Plug: DS & VNDS Size 10.5 & 11XII's XIII's V's XIX XIX SEs 2K3s 2K4s VC's​

^I am aware of most of their locations, Ian. I was under the impresion they were going to try and turn that space into what D51 was trying to do. Apparently, they're just going to warehouse and sell the stuff along side the jerseys and hats they currently sell at that location until the new spot is aquired and built out, no?

Ok,well then I look forward to seeing the new finished place and all the lines they will be carrying.

[qoute]OMD great post![/qoute] :smh:
smh.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif
Quote:
Just how many Shoe Stores does this Mall have? Is it akin to PG Plaza?

Team DC/MD/VA
MD/DC/VA Forum's Ironhand Enforcer..
O.G. Member #7 Da God Number

Short term loving.

Long term affects.

What's some of y'all's goal? I hope it ain't Portland.....

Dream Team of MD/DC/VA - TRUTH hurts, doesn't it?
'TeePeso,' 'Ryan8478,' DCShoeDon,' 'JaywhYeNeX,' 'Importking,' 'DCshoechick,' 'Scott Scotch,' 'rudolph1996,' '7hillz'​

Quote:
ok maybe i didnt explain myself lol.

Total Sport is at Mondawmin. The owner of District 51 owns Total Sport.

So during the relocation in Washington DC, you can find product at Total Sport in Mondawmin Mall.

gotcha!

5 Guys expansion in tact, as predicted...

Dream Team of MD/DC/VA - TRUTH hurts, doesn't it?
'TeePeso,' 'Ryan8478,' DCShoeDon,' 'JaywhYeNeX,' 'Importking,' 'DCshoechick,' 'Scott Scotch,' 'rudolph1996,' '7hillz'​

5 Guys needs to takeover that space...lol.

It's too small in that joint.
YOU NIKETALK DUDES THAT KNOW ME...
WILL BE PROUD TO SEE HOW I DO THINGS.

five guys is a movement...

EVERY plaza has it...

private owned is the way.....

who trying to get to portland doe? lol...

Quote:
It's actually more like Iverson, just a tad bit more dangerous-looking. Hood stores in abundance, no real anchor(unless you count that crappy supermarket, The MVA, and Rite Aid). Nothing but Jewelry, low-budget gear spots and Athletic Shoe stores. In retail management, IT's called the retail graveyard. Surprising, they cater to the demgraphic there who don't demand anything better.
:lol:
laugh.gif
:pimp:
pimp.gif

Man... I love Malls like that.

Military Circle
Landover
Byrd Mall (Dallas TX)
Iverson
PG Plaza
Hell even Iverson Plaza

I gotta check this place out sometime when I am on one of my excursions to Catonsville

I also hear there is a "Swap Meet" "Farmers Market" out that way somewhere.. can someone fill me in on that?

Quote:
who trying to get to portland doe? lol...
*Raises Hand*
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++​
Gratuitus For Sale Plug: DS & VNDS Size 10.5 & 11XII's XIII's V's XIX XIX SEs 2K3s 2K4s VC's​

Back
Top Bottom