DMX How's It Goin Down APPRECIATION

joint takes me back to day camp in Paterson, NJ.

even at 11 I recognized how smooth this record was.

record and video both epitomized the summer, love found, and love lost IMO.

now as a 25 year old it reminds me of all the women who I had love for but somehow never made it with.

shoutout to Faith for putting the pain and love on this hood record, the meshing of all three was impeccable.

WHO 8=======D YOU SUCKIN?!?!?!?! (o_O)
cake 
laugh.gif

Hi fellas,

Love this album and of course love this track. DMX was a monster in the late 90's.

I'm italian and I always had a doubt on it, hope you can help me. I never understood what the ****old says before the sucker lady picks up the phone and ask her who **** she suckin'

He says 'hopefully' when the phone rings, he says 'ugly' or what? Maybe he recites Shakespeare. Whatever, that's my doubt.

Thanks for your help and keep enjoying this wonderful artist.

One

Hi fellas,

Love this album and of course love this track. DMX was a monster in the late 90's.

I'm italian and I always had a doubt on it, hope you can help me. I never understood what the ****old says before the sucker lady picks up the phone and ask her who **** she suckin'

He says 'hopefully' when the phone rings, he says 'ugly' or what? Maybe he recites Shakespeare. Whatever, that's my doubt.

Thanks for your help and keep enjoying this wonderful artist.

One

I don’t believe it is what he says.

Funny as hell cause me and my man quote that line and that skit all the time.

I wish the video version was on the CD too, Faith Evans extra vocals on that song sound nice. About to play this **** now.

Has always been my favorite X song... that sample is silky and X comes from a very real place with the lyrics and flow.
“Respect is not expected but it’s given because it’s real, being neglected is the norm, expect and deal... lie cheat and steal for me... putting something in a n***** wig if he squeal for me.”

I don’t believe it is what he says.

Funny as hell cause me and my man quote that line and that skit all the time.

I wish the video version was on the CD too, Faith Evans extra vocals on that song sound nice. About to play this **** now.

Thanks a lot Hahahaha for your answer! Some years ago I seemed to hear something like 'I can't beleive it' or something but, for my ear, it's quite hard to copy that.

I use the video version as a bonus track in my car's USB player. Can hear it one time a day or more, of course yesterday was one of those days. Grrrr!

One

Such a classic time period & record :smokin. I was only a pup when this song came out but remember always thinking it was dope even back then. I was puzzled when I listen to da album version for da first time years later :lol:. I'm like where's Faith @?

Back
Top Bottom