DMX not addicted to that Lindsay Lohan anymore? This cant be life!!

0825-dmx-tmz-3ex-248x127.jpg

DMX tells TMZ, he has finally kicked the drug addictions that kept him behind bars for years -- and he has his children to thank.
X tells us, coke was his greatest demon after his latest prison release in July -- "Everyone was taking advantage of me with my finances, trying to put me in the direction to fail. I have 10 kids. I have to drive them in the right direction, so I let the cocaine go."
The rapper -- real name Earl Simmons -- says God also helped him through ... telling us, "I am on a spiritual road to do right in my life. I am leaving out all negativity and going to stay on the right road to positive."
X's pastor tells us, "When [DMX] first came to my church he looked broken, sad, and full of struggle. Now you see a dramatic change. You see that the drugs and alcohol aren’t in his life."
Guy ain't joking -- DMX absolutely killed it at the BET awards this week (video below).
http://www.tmz.com/2011/10/13/dmx-c...ddiction-bet-awards-performance/#.Tpi0oN6a9tM

We will see! I've been listening to D'Angelos first two albums for the last two days, *!%$# amazing! partly pioneered the neo soul age. Imma call these dudes "Can't get rights" 

When you typed D'Angelo I re-read and clicked the link right away, without reading the end of your sentence
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

That would've been an apropos collaboration.

Really hope he stays on that straight and narrow. "I have 10 kids" Wowzers.

Man, I still remember going out and buying his CD's and staying a little extra long in the driveway just skimming the songs before going inside and giving them a full spin while doing homework.

When he started up "Party Up" I got chills, man that was my shtuff back in middle school. Hope he's kicked the dirty drugs. He's on the right path to get through it...

All I can think of watching those 106 and Park videos is that Swizz Beatz owes DMX an Alicia Keys blowjob a week for his entire career.

Would love for this to happen and I'd love a huge return. Every time I'm praising this cat, he's back in jail.

Best wishes to dude and i hope he stays clean for the remainder of his life. Im looking forward to his new releases as well.

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

I don't get the D'Angelo reference. Am I missing something?
[h3]Legal issues[/h3]
'Angelo's critical and commercial success has been dramatically impeded in recent years owing to his descent into drug addiction as well as alcoholism:

In January 2005, D'Angelo was arrested and charged with possession of marijuana, possession of a controlled substance, and driving while intoxicated. He pleaded guilty to the DUI and marijuana charge then, on April 13, was given a fine, suspended sentence also his driver's license was revoked. On September 12, he received a three-year suspended sentence on the cocaine possession charge. On September 19, just a week after being sentenced for cocaine possession, D'Angelo was critically injured in Powhatan County, Virginia, when the SUV he was driving hit a fence, ejecting him from the vehicle. He was not wearing a seatbelt.

In August 2006, D'Angelo is confirmed to have exited a rehabilitation stint on the island of Antigua.[sup][31][/sup]

On August 10, 2007, D'Angelo was sent to court on charges relating to the car accident. These charges included reckless driving and driving with a suspended license. He pleaded guilty to these charges and was ordered to pay a $1,250 fine, in addition to forfeiting his license for 15 months. He also received a nine-month suspended jail sentence.

Early on the morning of March 6, 2010, he was arrested and charged with solicitation after asking a female undercover police officer for oral sex at the intersection of Greenwich and Horatio streets in the West Village neighborhood of New York City, New York.
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom