Do Air Flight 89's fit the same as the Air Jordan IV?

I'm looking for some Jordan IV's, but I need some advice from someone who has worn both shoes. Do they fit the same in the same size? I need to know so I can figure out what size I need, PLEASE. Sorry if this is the wrong forum

I cant compare the IV and the 89 perfectly given that my pairs are different sizes, but i will say that I feel like my 89's ran very small. They are a 10 and id say they fit like a small 9.5. They were the blk/blk/wht from about 3 years back if it matters. While were on the subject of 89's, does anyone else feel that they run very small.

Might not be what you are looking for exactly but hope it helps.

^^ That is kinda what I wanted to know. I had a pair of Flight 89's in size 11.5 that felt small. Would AJ IV's feel more true to size then?

Originally Posted by Iondajayz

^^ That is kinda what I wanted to know. I had a pair of Flight 89's in size 11.5 that felt small. Would AJ IV's feel more true to size then?
Honestly I think this depends, the leather IV's fit more true to size than the nubuck IV's.  If your talking the 99 iv's i would definitely go a half size up as the toe box on them is narrow.

Good topic....I have both and I would say that they both run a little small. So if you had an 11.5 in flight 89s and they fit a little small then you will have to get your Jordan IV's in a sz12. I also wear a size 11.5 and I had to get a sz12 for my flight 89s and IV's.

I have four pairs of IV's and two pairs on 89's all in size 13. This is my normal size in every other Nike/Jordan.

I would say the IV's fit a little big bigger, but not by much, so you can stick to your true size. But if you go .5 size up in the 89's, it won't be bad either.

i have i have a few pairs of '00 flight '89s and they fit similarly to my '99 IVs. i don't have any more recent '89s, but my mars IV fit a bit smaller than my other IVs and the '89s.

When I was younger I had the OG Flight 89s when they first dropped & wore them in HS til the flex groove in the front cracked right through.

To the Jordan fanatics on this board this will be sacrilege but IMO, Flight 89s fit a lot better then AJ IVs comfort wise... While looking great the later retro AJ IV versions just feel like bricks & the cushioning to me was lacking (takes shot at recent JB retros)

depends what years you are talking about. unfortunately, sizing can be all over the place depending on when you bought your shoes.

yes.. usually they do BUT, ive seen two of the same shoes fit differently in the same size.. best bet to try it on if you can.

My only problem is I'm shopping online, and its not like I have access to any IV's in 11-12 to try on. I'll prolly juss get a 12

Would you say 99 IV's fit true to size?

I wear a 13 but I'm thinking about copping a Size 12.5 99' Oreo IV....

Do you guys think I will feel some discomfort?

i have the 99 breds, cements, oreos and had the midnights. if you currently wear a 13 in jordans, 12.5s would probably be okay. the good thing is they are leather, so if too snug, they will stretch.

Back
Top Bottom