Do any of you guys like kids? Whats the point? -non parents enter-

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

I love kids, but I don't want any of my own. I'll most likely adopt...why bring kids into this world when many need our help. I think people should adopt more, passing genetic material to the next generation is overrated.
i thought like you too about the adoption up until about a few years ago when i witnessed how my good friends adopted sister is. They adopted hervery young to basically replace the child they had lost and now she is growing up with ADD, sharts while ice skating and playing tennis on a regular basis,demands insane amount of attention, thinks she is an anime character and somehow knows how to speak phrases in Russian which is hard to comprehend being thather adopted parents aren't russian.

i can't stand crying obnoxious toddlers. i can understand babies like 1 year old cause they can barely talk.
but kids like 5-7 can be hilarious.

i remember my one basketball coach one year always brought his 2 sons to practice and games, Dez and Mason they were like 6 and 3.
they would always be stealing your shoes and drinking your water and during games they would try to run on the court, so when you were on the bench you
had to try and keep them off the court
roll.gif

Originally Posted by maldonado

Originally Posted by dunksnjordans1992

. honestly dunksnjordans1992 will most likely just be an average person.

yeah actually i will be an average person... a person like everyone on this board and almost EVERY SINGLE person on this earth who doesnt matter. everybodythinks they are different but if you look at a crowed of people... nobody stands out. unless you see YOURSELF.

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

Originally Posted by dunksnjordans1992

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

You were a kid, I'm guessing you had a bad childhood.
eyes.gif

Not really, I had a great childhood. I grew up with EVERYTHING i ever wanted.
The are young developing human beings. Ask yourself this, did you act mature when you were a kid?

I mean I can understand if you get aggravated by kids once in a while but remember, you were that weird, disgusting, ugly, annoying child one time in your life.

yeah and looking back, i would have not taken me in. i was the most hyper active annoying kid you would ever meet.

Originally Posted by xxxoverridexxx

I love kids, but I don't want any of my own. I'll most likely adopt...why bring kids into this world when many need our help. I think people should adopt more, passing genetic material to the next generation is overrated.
i thought like you too about the adoption up until about a few years ago when i witnessed how my good friends adopted sister is. They adopted her very young to basically replace the child they had lost and now she is growing up with ADD, sharts while ice skating and playing tennis on a regular basis, demands insane amount of attention, thinks she is an anime character and somehow knows how to speak phrases in Russian which is hard to comprehend being that her adopted parents aren't russian.

So you don't wanna adopt because you had a bad experience with one adopted child? Adopted children aren't any better or worse than you own children,their nurture and parenting is a strong indicator of how they turn out.

Most adopted people I know, some of whom I'm good friends with turned out to be very successful and well-adjusted adults despite some traumatizing eventsand neglect in their very early childhood.

Because their cute, innocent, and simple.

When people get older their not so cute and they become more corrupt and their capable of doing things they werent able to as a kid.

I even like bad !$% kids... cuz I used to be one, so I'm better at it than them
laugh.gif
. I know all their buttons!
devil.gif
. Man, kids are awesome when you cangive em back..

Originally Posted by Club29

i like kids who are respectful, especially in public.

My parents didnt tolerate the amount of nonsense I see when im out running errands and whatnot. Poorly disciplined children are the worst
smh.gif

Best said.

I don't have my own kids yet, but I love kids. My nieces and nephews are just giving me a taste of what parenthood is, and I love it. Don't get mewrong it takes a lot of energy and focus, but it's very rewarding to see them to remember you, and what you talk to them about the next time you see them.I have 3 nieces that are girly girls, and I could go on and on with them about Hannah Montana and their fashion. There was this moment, where I boughtJollybee's spaghetti and chicken for my niece when she was 3. After taking the bite of her chicken, she started dancing at the table cause that chicken wasso good to her.
laugh.gif
Those are special and funny moments that I will laughtill I die. And then I have a nephew that is an alpha male to the fullest. He's into Zelda, wrestling, sports, and his nerf guns. Everytime he sees me, heremembers what we did, and he's only 4. It's very fun playing make believe with them because in a sense, you get to live your childhood again.

But besides hearing their innocent jolly laugh, there's a serious and loving side to having kids, that you can't get from just seeing or watching, youhave to experience it. Like my nieces and nephew telling me they love me, or giving me a big hug out of the blue. You can't buy that. Or when I help mynephew do his homework, and he uses his own thinking to figure out the problem. Or when my nieces names the 9 planets in preschool
eek.gif
. It just feels good to be a part of their upbringing. Their brains are reallylike sponges and need your guidance. This to me, outweighs the crying, yelling, and arguing that they do.

I just had one and there is nothing like it. For me my son is someone who i can share my experiences with and who I can teach with the hopes that he'll bebetter off than me someday just like my dad hoped for me.

Being a dad is sort of like being a mentor to someone it gives you the oppurtunity to guide so that when they accomplish something you feel satisfaction aswell from knowing that you helped them. Lastly for me its about being loved uncoditionally.

Yall might try to clown or what ever but honestly there is nothing like your kid running up to you excited to see you, nothing like them looking up to you andwanting to be like you.

And yea it is tough to raise a kid but if you aren't up to a challenge than you aren't a real man. Not to say that men that don't have kidsaren't real men cuz they're, but im referring more towards men who ditch their kids.

I feel you OP.

I can understand people in rural or agricultural societies having lots of kids as a source of cheap labor and a social safety net investment for when theparents get too old to work for themselves. Indeed, it is common practice for elderly parents to move in with their kids.

In a post industrial society, kids are a net drain on resources. From a cost/benefit POV, children are simply not worth the costs. Of course, there is thatsoppy nonsense about psychic utility, and the joy of watching your kids grow blah blah blah . . . well, to that I say: http://www.newsweek.com/id/143792

i like small children, dont get me wrong, they make me laugh like hell.. but the ones with parents that have horrible parenting skills.. those are the ones ihate.

I also only like children that are related to me or ones that are closely related to my friends,

its cool to see bits of pieces of a smaller version of my sister ( my aunts daughter is exactly like her & from pictures.. my 7 yr old cousin looks exactlylike me when i was his age)

young studs in the making.

This is true, but hamans are selfish. No one wants to spend the time and effort on someone who isnt their own. They dont have the heart to do it. Me included.

It also takes away the excitement and bond between you and your wife having your first child.

Im not saying i disagree with what you said, but you get my point.
Originally Posted by FromThaTown

But besides hearing their innocent jolly laugh, there's a serious and loving side to having kids, that you can't get from just seeing or watching, you have to experience it. Like my nieces and nephew telling me they love me, or giving me a big hug out of the blue. You can't buy that. Or when I help my nephew do his homework, and he uses his own thinking to figure out the problem. Or when my nieces names the 9 planets in preschool
eek.gif
. It just feels good to be a part of their upbringing. Their brains are really like sponges and need your guidance. This to me, outweighs the crying, yelling, and arguing that they do.

EXACTLY how i feel about children. nothing makes me happier then seeing a baby...

and as much as i hate it, what ^^^ said about the cost is so true...
oh well. ill still have one once i get older
laugh.gif

Kids like me for some reason even though I'm not really to fond of them

Back
Top Bottom