Do any other states have to take a test

We have something like that in Nebraska. States that score high on these tests get more funding from the state and federal government.

Oh yes....The infamous F-Cat
laugh.gif

Know mad dudes who can't pass the 10th grade one(have to pass in order to graduate)

Personally its not hard at all....But I mean they need to reevaluate the thing with all these kids not passing it.

Man our school did so good on the FCAT, other schools were hating so they made us take it again the next year with "rewards".
Its sucked we had that stuff drilled in our heads over and over again just because other schools couldn't perform as well.

If you cant honestly answer these questions you are borderline ******ed. My school was actually filled with these people that couldnt pass TAKS. Had classesjust to prepare for them, kids losing sleep cause they couldnt pass the 10th grade.
ohwell.gif

3-4b_taks.gif

In Ga they have CRCT, but I never had to take it I graduated like a year before, but we did have graduation tests to graduate

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by jordanhead7792

Originally Posted by C o IVI p L e X

florida = fcat.

I hate these test
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Don't get me started.
from what i remember from 10th grade they were pretty easy.
the math was cake work.
now the reading did have some long passages but i would just skim through them.
now the SAT is a different story.
smh.gif

New York State has those Regents exams for just about every subject. I can honestly say they don't prepare you for anything life. You don't learnproperly. All teachers do is teach you how to pass the exams. I remember them saying "we'll skip this part because you don't need to know it forthe Regents" In English, for example, I don't know the structure of a sentence. I can't tell you which words are the nouns, pronouns etc. I neverlearned that, all I "learned" was how to read some stupid 3 page essay or short story and answer a question in an essay format on that...
smh.gif

Yeah, high school really prepared me for college
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by june0kang

In order to graduate or go on to the next grade in texas we have to take this thing called "taks" and you have to pass all 4core subjects in order to graduate highschool does any other states do that kind of method stuff?Or do yall just need to get credits in order to move on
Commended performances my entire life.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Drunken Cow

If you cant honestly answer these questions you are borderline ******ed. My school was actually filled with these people that couldnt pass TAKS. Had classes just to prepare for them, kids losing sleep cause they couldnt pass the 10th grade.
ohwell.gif

3-4b_taks.gif

wow, I remember the cali high school exit exam to be a little more difficult then that.

I got all the answers to my finals...I just gotta show up to get the grade since I'm exempt from about 5 of them

taks is just a complete joke, shows how bad the school system is in texas, we got 11th graders struggling to pass 7th and 8th grade math and readingcomprehension problems.

TAAS/TAKS is/was easy as $#%! !!!!!!!!!!!
i got a perfect score in the math in the 8th grade
perfect score on the math in the 4th grade
and ive been "commended" all but 2 times
im pretty confident ill get my scores back this year with a commended next to it

Washington = WASL

Pretty easy and i passed math by a mile. Did alright on reading and passed writing by the exact score
smh.gif

Science wasn't required but we still had to take it so I just bubbled random answers.

I remember when it used to be TAAS haha. TAKS test is easy. I never understood how anyone could fail it.
I graduated in 04 we were the last class to have to take the TAAS before TAKS came around
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Ritch1088

I remember when it used to be TAAS haha. TAKS test is easy. I never understood how anyone could fail it.

exactly.. i remember that isshh too..

the TAKS is ridiculously easy, if you cant pass...
grin.gif
yea... /yourself

Yea HSAs and they just made it a few years ago that you had to pass all four in order to graduate.

Originally Posted by jordanhead7792

Originally Posted by C o IVI p L e X

florida = fcat.

I hate these test
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
laugh.gif
test was easy as hell... most of the test is just generalinformation... swear to god I literally guessed on every part
of the science fcat... and we still had ppl that took this test 10 times and couldnt pass it and couldnt graduate...
smh.gif

TAKS was easy almost everybody got commended
there going to change it in texas to the EOC tested it on juniors and that @%@$ is hard

MCAS in massachusetts. Massachusetts Comprehensive Assessment System. You take in 10th grade in English, Science, History and Math. Scores range from a1(failing) to 4(Advancement). Passed with a 4,4,3 and 4 Respectively.

Back
Top Bottom