Do artists HAVE to RELEASE their music on TUESDAY?

Can they request a Friday/Saturday, or even a Sunday release? Honestly, by the time Tuesday comes around, I'm looking forward to the weekend or next week.

Just wondering though.

I think that's the date they pick for retail purposes, cause movies on DVD and @$#% drop on Tuesdays also... & it allows them to get an acquired readfor soundscan/sales purposes... The Billboard #s are in Wens morning, then the charts are updated on Thurs

But I don't know why Tuesday was the designated day tho... Prolly have to ask Jimmy Iovine or some other industry SoundSCAMMERS...

Labels have somebody who study the patterns and science to this. They don't have to but they do based off of research.

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

True, I just feel like copping something for the weekend gives it a much better chance of getting play.
that makes no sense... u talkin bout music like its a fit...
laugh.gif

Trey Songz dropped on a Monday. G Unit & The Black Album dropped on a Friday. But it seems as though all cds & dvds come out on Tuesdays

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Labels have somebody who study the patterns and science to this. They don't have to but they do based off of research.
this.

its about maximizing returns and labels found this to work the best

Back
Top Bottom