Do brand names mean a lot to you?

it used to mean a name i could trust, but i don't trust none of these !%$*++#... they're losing their importance in my eyes.  a lot of these companies get their **** made in the same places by the same exact people and they're all trying to make as much money as possible.  & logos often come across as tacky

Im only 22 and the only name brands I care about are for my shoes(jordans, nikes, reeboks) but when it comes to jeans and shirts I could care less as long as my kicks and my fitteds are dope. I don't know a whole lot about name brands for dress clothes and stuff so that never mattered as long as I bought what looked good. Growing up my mom couldn't afford for me to have a whole lot each year so I learned how to look good without a fancy name.It's sad seeing ppl with certain clothes on just because of the name stitched on it or the price tag yet they look so tacky
30t6p3b.gif

only if they're on sale, never buy retail.

in my econ class there was an article on name brands and human psychology. having the alligator/horse/ designer anything comes a long way
In job interviews
Employers notice the little brand name and become slightly influenced in making their decision. The percentage of name brand wearers getting hired for a job to generic brand wearers is around 10 percent.

here's a similar article.
http://atlantapost.com/20...an-a-designer-education/

Originally Posted by ChicagoKid23

nope the only thing that matters to me is quality if i like how it looks im gonna rock it no matter what brand
this. If I see something that I think looks dope I'll buy it..

Originally Posted by gatorad3

Originally Posted by ChicagoKid23

nope the only thing that matters to me is quality if i like how it looks im gonna rock it no matter what brand
this. If I see something that I think looks dope I'll buy it..
pretty much, it used to matter back in hs. what kid wanted to wear the replica girbauds 
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
 kids get tormented and i had low self esteem 
frown.gif
 now it doesn't really matter to me although i still splurge on some brand name items from time to time only when the cashflow lookin right though. 

nope not anymore... only thing i can think of is levis and nikes only because i prefer those 2 when selecting pants and sneakers... but clothes i use to be big on polo now not so much... i just get whatever is on sale and doesn't show the brand name and is plain... so im fine with old navy... but at the same time you won't see me wearing walmart stuff either 
laugh.gif

Shoes yes, jeans yes (more so because I like the Brand "Naked and Famous),watch yes anything else for the most part no.

Certain brands I like to support for their presence/contributions outside of the fashion realm. Same goes for ones that produce clothing with cuts that fit me better than others.

Wearing for purely label, is bleh though.

Not anymore. I rock as plain of style as I can trying to stay away from anything too trendy. I do still enjoy ralph lauren though.

Its more I try to stay away from certain brands like hollister and AE b/c I dont like their clothes and the logo is all over them. The rest is fair game though

I go by whatever i like and if the quality is any good, brand names, unless the name itself is awful, I don't care about what brand i wear.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

long as it doesnt look cheap im good...

only thing i'm really picky about is shoes but... *throws out hands and looks around*

this
most my shirts are plain tees anyways
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom