Do brand names mean a lot to you?

Originally Posted by ChicagoKid23

nope the only thing that matters to me is quality if i like how it looks im gonna rock it no matter what brand

This

But over the years I have come to prefer certain brands based on their quality and styling not the name itself. If they were to fall off I'd stop buying without hesitation.

i use to back then. no im good with a basic with vneck or black vneck tee. jeans? levi's all the time tho. maybe i would buy a nice shirt IF im going out..but i rarely do. and

Originally Posted by creamOfDacrops

Originally Posted by gllahone84

I use to care but fashion changes so much, one minute it's hot the next it's not.
Investing in timeless, quality clothing ftw. 
But to a certain extent, it does matter. It helps with self-esteem.

I guess the only brand considered timeless would be Polo. I'm not into Polo myself, but I see it's stood the test of time, and it has reached all demographics. If I would have spent as much money on Polo as I did Sean Jean, Nautica, Enyce, and Ecko growing up I wouldn't be as jaded as I am towards fashion today.

Only reason I wore name brand in high schoolwas because at lunch time if you were wearing GAP anything like that Shots were gonna be fired

Only when playing ball...i always wear nike everything simply because I know I wont get those annoying crotch rips and holes in the pocket...but other then that nothing matters...i wear levis 90% of the time but none of them cost me over 15 dollars...shirts definitely dont matter I got flannels from walmart and you wouldnt be able to tell

Not "a lot," but they do matter. I can't wear clothes that have the logos blatantly showing to the public that they're "designer brands" or expensive though...too tacky for me. If people have money to afford the more expensive brands, then I can't knock them for it.

Not gonna lie, I like to have name brand clothes and sneakers, obviously, we are all on niketalk for a reason. If I cant get them then I will get whatever works. I wont go off the deep to keep up with the taste tho.

As for anything else, Im mostly really cheap
laugh.gif

Depends what it is... Shoes yes. I've tried cheap ones but they really don't last me long. However, I do have some generic leather oxfords for work that are so far so good. And Asics running shoes are the only ones that I like running in thus far. But I do want to try New Balance at some point.

Clothing...eh, other than T-shirts and sweaters or jackets my clothes do not have any logos or tags on them.

can any body point me i nthe direction of where to cop generic postman oxfords or boots. trying to get my mailman swag on

For me, the biggest thing is fit. I'm a sizing nightmare (6'2" 155lb with a huge wingspan) and like to have things that actually fit me properly.

From what I've found, cheaper clothes do not fit me anywhere near as well as "branded" clothes. The only exception to that is H&M.

I am definitely a fan of having nice things that fit well, but also never buy anything at retail price. So in that way, I'm pretty cheap... haha.

I was a brand *+%!$ but now I just don't care. My jeans are cheap Levi's, I wear plain t's, my shoes might be the most expensive but they were all but a while back since I don't buy shoes no more and the rest of my attire is for work which consists of cheap button ups and slacks. I think all the other stuff will phase away but I still like have a nice pair of subliminal kicks on.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

I was a brand *+%!$ but now I just don't care. My jeans are cheap Levi's, I wear plain t's, my shoes might be the most expensive but they were all but a while back since I don't buy shoes no more and the rest of my attire is for work which consists of cheap button ups and slacks. I think all the other stuff will phase away but I still like have a nice pair of subliminal kicks on.

I buy all my work shirts from Target. I like the way they feel.

It's one thing to rock a brand because you like it's quality/fit/style/ etc.

It's another thing to rock it, strictly off of its name, which is lame..

It does to me. I hate seeing people wearing generic looking clothing. Like I saw a guy with a black polo shirt on, but it didn't have a logo on it. I was like, come one, man. Maybe like $40 and you could've had something with a nice logo that girls would actually like. It just goes to show that people don't mind being sheep. They just go to Walmart and pick out any generic thing and wear it. But me, I like to be original.

not as much as I was......it's just that alot of these name brands actually have good quality....

some lesser brands and by lesser I mean popularity rip after two or three wears....yes it's affordable but it's a gift and a curse because the quality is cheap.

Not gonna lie, as "anti-branding" as I am...Hanes are the only draws that can touch these nutz, Levi's are the only jeans that I rock and I'm slowly converting everyithin else to Ralph Lauren. It started as a need to be cool (levi's and ralph lauren) then evolved in to a straight up preference, especially when I started finding ways to get them for the low. It doesnt' matter with anything else, but those three things I have a strong preference for....#hypocritical #kanyeshrugs

Originally Posted by Chrisphreezy

It's one thing to rock a brand because you like it's quality/fit/style/ etc.

It's another thing to rock it, strictly off of its name, which is lame..
that's the thing though, because if someone told you they rocked lauren because they love the quality of the material (which I do) would you believe them?

Back
Top Bottom