Do college courses require you to remember a lot from high school courses?

Math yes, English it depends. I don't know, I went to a pretty good high school so I was overly prepared in all areas except for math which was my owndoing.

It really depends on your major. Do you know what specific classes you're going to be taking?

Originally Posted by PurpHeartGrapes

Math yes, English it depends. I don't know, I went to a pretty good high school so I was overly prepared in all areas except for math which was my own doing.
taharka what ya old sn ge tbanned 4

Eh, I called someone a +%+#% @%% ho, it was all jokes too but holden took offense.
smh.gif

More for general ed classes but most of college work is basically they tell u something and u remember it long enough for u to repeat it back to them in essayform or test form….

Relax! Enjoy your summer. You are embarking on a new chapter in your life. From the sounds of it you are stressing already. College is challenging, but itcan be very enjoyable. In your first year high school English should help. With math it depends on what you take. In science almost everything will be moreadvanced than high school. History is what it is...history. With all of them, if you have good teachers they will introduce you properly to the informationthat you need. In college the most important thing is balance. Your ability to balance your study/class/work time with partying/hanging out will dictate yoursuccess.

Bottom line...it can be the best times of your life if you do it right.

Probably, but for math, they probably will review the stuff you covered in high school in full detail again anyway, so don't worry about it.

Originally Posted by phaze1123

Relax! Enjoy your summer. You are embarking on a new chapter in your life. From the sounds of it you are stressing already. College is challenging, but it can be very enjoyable. In your first year high school English should help. With math it depends on what you take. In science almost everything will be more advanced than high school. History is what it is...history. With all of them, if you have good teachers they will introduce you properly to the information that you need. In college the most important thing is balance. Your ability to balance your study/class/work time with partying/hanging out will dictate your success.

did you read what this thread is about? bcuz ur response has damn near nothing to do with the topic at hand

most likely everything will be reviewed (if you are taking 100-200 level courses) as others have said and if the material isn't reviewed it's not goingto be something extremely vital to your success. having a good foundation of HS course knowledge is always beneficial, but it wont break you. just sit back andwait for classes to start, but make sure you do however improve your studying habits if you did not have any prior.

For math during college, when i took satistics, most of the material of highschool was reviewed within the first 2 weeks then new stuff was started. College isan accelerated education plan basically. Foreign language classes speed through material that took you 3 years to learn into one semester. English course arenot so much of learning papers, but its Lit based etc.. It really all depends on the courses you are taking. Your main Core classes are not tough generally.Its all about the professor you take. You get more of an option in your first 2 yrs of school. You can decide which course in certain areas you want to take.College to me was not all the difficult but its more about the way you want to approach it. There is time to have fun and there is time to do school work. Forme I took 9am classes til 3pm usually mon-fri. After classes if i wasn't playing flag football or at the rec center i would study until dinner. Afterdinner i was always done with my stuff so i had time at night to do whatever i wanted. I spent my Sundays after church studying and doing papers or whatever ineeded. Its all about Time management, you can easily make good grades and still have a good time. I suggest not missing classes at all because alot ofteachers will base their favor on people who they constantly see in class. I graduated with a 3.8 in undergrad and a 4.0 in grad school. It really benefits youin the long run because I decided i wanted to go to law school and I am getting great letters of recommendations from my teachers because i was always in classand doing well. Dont procrastinate and read your syllabus. They are your teachers obligations to you and they provide helpful info like paper due dates, test,important dates, etc... I usually did my papers early so it would no conflict with test form other classes or weekends I wanted to go to the beach. College isdefinately a life experience in itself. You may find that college is easy but don't let that be a trap because most teachers don't require you to dothe hw, but it is on you to do it. College is about decision making what you ultimately decide is how you dictate your future and experience in college. Theonly reason I got my masters was because I loved the atmosphere and experience. Just be prepared for the next 4/5 yrs of your life. It can be the best times ora total pain depending on how you treat it. Long post but I felt that this was an important topic.

Oh and get involved with things... Intramurals, Dorm life, etc.. This is the beginning of networking with people for your future. Somebody you may meet incollege may give you an oppurtunity of a lifetime don't be a hermit crab in your apartment or whereever. Get out and meet people, play some ball, or invitepeople over to play video games whatever it is done be shy. Tons and tons of people come to college knowing maybe 1 or 2 people. I went to a school onlyknowing my roommate and I have meet countless amounts of people. I was supervisor of the Intramural department for 2 years and I met and hung out with people Inever thought I would ever. Hit me up if you want more info. I hope this helps you out.

Stop stressin b, it's not like they're gonna say "you should've learned this in hs, so we won't waste time on it". Don't studyanything, you don't even know the curriculum ( i mean you can if you wan't to). Anything you need to know you'll get the material there.

ericberry14 wrote:
phaze1123 wrote:
Relax! Enjoy your summer. You are embarking on a new chapter in your life. From the sounds of it you are stressing already. College is challenging, but it can be very enjoyable. In your first year high school English should help. With math it depends on what you take. In science almost everything will be more advanced than high school. History is what it is...history. With all of them, if you have good teachers they will introduce you properly to the information that you need. In college the most important thing is balance. Your ability to balance your study/class/work time with partying/hanging out will dictate your success.

did you read what this thread is about? bcuz ur response has damn near nothing to do with the topic at hand

DID YOU READ? I answered the question and was giving young homie some advice about school. It sounds like dude was stressin' a little alreadyand is probably still in HS until May. Just wanted to give him a few words to calm his nerves.

I hate when dudes just post +$* just to have something to say. You talk about my post, but did YOUR response have anything at all to do with answering dudesquestion or giving him any advice. F off my dude.

From English you need to remember how to write well (commas, vocab, spelling, etc.) because professors will take points off for that.
Math, just the basics but depending on your major...

Originally Posted by phaze1123

ericberry14 wrote:
phaze1123 wrote:

DID YOU READ? I answered the question and was giving young homie some advice about school. It sounds like dude was stressin' a little already and is probably still in HS until May. Just wanted to give him a few words to calm his nerves.

I hate when dudes just post +$* just to have something to say. You talk about my post, but did YOUR response have anything at all to do with answering dudes question or giving him any advice. F off my dude.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
satly +!@ dude

Back
Top Bottom