Do college courses require you to remember a lot from high school courses?

If you are a science major, the science classes you take require you to have some previous knowledge.

Math, English, History def yes. Bio, Chem, and Physics, a little. Foreign Language def.

Originally Posted by ericberry14

Originally Posted by phaze1123

ericberry14 wrote:
phaze1123 wrote:
Relax! Enjoy your summer. You are embarking on a new chapter in your life. From the sounds of it you are stressing already. College is challenging, but it can be very enjoyable. In your first year high school English should help. With math it depends on what you take. In science almost everything will be more advanced than high school. History is what it is...history. With all of them, if you have good teachers they will introduce you properly to the information that you need. In college the most important thing is balance. Your ability to balance your study/class/work time with partying/hanging out will dictate your success.

Bottom line...it can be the best times of your life if you do it right.
did you read what this thread is about? bcuz ur response has damn near nothing to do with the topic at hand
DID YOU READ? I answered the question and was giving young homie some advice about school. It sounds like dude was stressin' a little already and is probably still in HS until May. Just wanted to give him a few words to calm his nerves.

I hate when dudes just post +$* just to have something to say. You talk about my post, but did YOUR response have anything at all to do with answering dudes question or giving him any advice. F off my dude.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
satly +!@ dude

It's all good...caught me on a bad day, just blowing off some steam.

I've seen you around NT, you in Tennessee? I'm in Nashville.

Originally Posted by ericberry14

ericberry14 wrote:
phaze1123 wrote:
Relax! Enjoy your summer. You are embarking on a new chapter in your life. From the sounds of it you are stressing already. College is challenging, but it can be very enjoyable. In your first year high school English should help. With math it depends on what you take. In science almost everything will be more advanced than high school. History is what it is...history. With all of them, if you have good teachers they will introduce you properly to the information that you need. In college the most important thing is balance. Your ability to balance your study/class/work time with partying/hanging out will dictate your success.

Bottom line...it can be the best times of your life if you do it right.
did you read what this thread is about? bcuz ur response has damn near nothing to do with the topic at hand
DID YOU READ? I answered the question and was giving young homie some advice about school. It sounds like dude was stressin' a little already and is probably still in HS until May. Just wanted to give him a few words to calm his nerves.

I hate when dudes just post +$* just to have something to say. You talk about my post, but did YOUR response have anything at all to do with answering dudes question or giving him any advice. F off my dude.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
satly +!@ dude

It's all good...caught me on a bad day, just blowing off some steam.

I've seen you around NT, you in Tennessee? I'm in Nashville.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
everybody has one of them days

but na i dont live in tennessee, just a fan of the team since bout 2 years ago.

Originally Posted by TrillipinoTrapstar

For economics courses, you have to apply a lot of algebra skills, especially when charting graphs.

embarassed.gif
frown.gif
i cant pass algebra to save my life

College is an applied knowledge based learning system...

Example: English..In college it should almost be given, your ability to spell properly, punctuate etc. Things that you have learned in high school will beapplied to college. You build on previous knowledge and build onto of your previous knowledge.

So previous knowledge is important because you don't want to start from square 1. You need to have an understanding of certain concepts, but you don'thave to master them until later years of college. The things you need to master are the basic skills that are usually outlined in cirrculum aka prequisites.

History is history you either know it or you don't.

Science just depends on your major. I was a political science major, which meant I could avoid classes like biology and chemistry. I took geology andgeography, both which I enjoyed.

Math- In college you can start below the level of college algebra so you should be fine. As long as you have not been ******ed since middle school and knowyour basic division, factors, multiplication, and basic formulas. Either way they will teach you, all you have to do is ask them how to do it and they shouldhelp. They are being paid as teachers so you raise your hand and say I don't understand this concept can you explain it. 90% of the time they will help youout.

All your core are meant to help build a foundation for later courses. Like economics, satistics, etc..

There are all sorts of levels in college so just make sure you choose the right one. Basic English 101 etc.. just use the numbers

At my college it was listed at 1101, 1102, 2001,2002 etc.. meaning 1101 was 1st year 1 semester, 1102 was 1st year 2nd semester. etc...
just look at the number and keep it in the 1???-2??? range. Most colleges arrange their classes like this so you know what level education or year you shouldbe in. I would do all lower level course first year and second year add in some upper level because once you hit senior year you will have some available hoursto take lower levels again so it will relieve some pressure in your schedule.

probably just math .. they'll almos always test you upon entering to determine your english/math level
but just like school has always been.. they wont test you on things they don't go over, so don't worry

Back
Top Bottom