Do kids really act like this in school?

Discussion in 'General' started by getback, Nov 3, 2015.

1. getback

getback

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  2. ecruteakcityboy

ecruteakcityboy

Yes.

3. a blinkin

a blinkin

All of these videos of (black) school kids acting like savages coming to the surface a week after a cop DDT's a kid is nothing more than the powers that be trying to frame the conversation to detract your attention so that you believe the treatment, regardless of how harsh or severe, towards black youth is justified.

Where are the videos of the schools that are grossly underfunded? Of the books that are outdated and in poor condition? Of the classrooms where teachers merely watch movies rather than teach.

**** is comical at this point, man.

AEA18, 360waves, the qbz and 3 others like this.
  4. getback

getback

Agreed on all points.

I was just amazed by the level of blatant disrespect with absolutely no intervention by other teachers or even other students.

5. Peep Game

Peep Game

You ain't lying. Not a coincidence at all

6. T Lo Sweater

T Lo Sweater formerly troyd

When u were in school was this an everyday thing?

7. championboyz7

championboyz7

While I do agree with what you're ssying. No this isn't just surfacing now kids been doing this for years now. In today's age everybody has a smartphone capable of uploading these things on ig YouTube vine worldstar.
    Let's not make this a race thread . Homeboy asked do KIDS really do this not black kids.

8. gentrification

gentrification

I didn't go.

9. getback

getback

Exactly. I'm a little older (32), so I didn't grow up in the smartphone era. But I NEVER saw anything even remotely close to this level of disrespect so much that it seems like normal behavior. And I've worked in juvenile lock ups and prisons [​IMG]

It was sort of a rhetorical question and wanted to hear NTs opinion.

10. 360waves

360waves

Everything is race related. in America.

11. a blinkin

a blinkin

It's deplorable behavior and it saddens me to see kids behave like actual animals, but I don't think it's coincidental that black kids are the subject of the video that's going viral.

12. krazyblunts

krazyblunts

ani als :smh:

13. ill steelo

ill steelo

Yea this girl I knew threatened a teacher just like that. This was like 10th grade i think.

Shorty was a beautiful african queen but that temper was outrageous. She got blindsided by this one chick at a party & then moved.

Her brother had anger problems too & did something similar.

14. the qbz

the qbz

Schools crazy period now days

First it was teacher banging students

Now disruptive kids

Is then becausr of the teachers breaking down then wall between teacher and student which led kid tombelieve they.can do whatever

15. jjs07

jjs07

How much money is being put in to the school systems around the US in comparison to what is allocated/spent with the military?

16. 360waves

360waves

You can put a significant amount of money into the school system but at the end of the day if a child goes back to a broken home/ dysfunctional family that outweighs everything. In my opinion a lot of these kids have to deal with some unfortunate circumstances at home.

My home girl shes a teacher here in Milwaukee and there is this one young girl in her class, her mother is a stripper and her father drops her off occasionally at school. my friend brings perfume sometimes to spray her because countless times she comes to school smelling like weed. She has tried to reach out to the parents but unfortunately she was cussed out and threatened.

A beautiful young girl has all the opportunity in the world to become whatever she wants to be but her family life will always be a substantial obstacle she will have to endure or succumb to.

crcballer55 and yeah like this.
  17. jape

jape

It directly has to do with poverty

My school was a very diverse high school that lies in between rich neighborhoods and poor neighborhoods.
    It was no suprise that the poor kids who came from broken homes made the most trouble and did terrible things at school.

18. jjs07

jjs07

Trust me...I get it. The "home" piece is EXTREMELY important.

It's a recipe for disaster between what you wrote and the lack of funding going into many public school systems around the US.

*edit*

Out of curiosity, why didn't your girl report what she's noticing to her superiors or social services?

360waves likes this.
  19. crcballer55

crcballer55

This. Let's not put it all on schools when a good amount of parents just consider school baby sitting for 8 hours a day. If the kids aren't getting support at home then their time at school is wasted.

My wife taught at a Title 1 school and one of the top schools in the area. She said the main difference is the parental support. Parents at the Title 1 school (in general) didn't care. She would call and get the bobble head treatment. At the top school, parents are all over the teachers because they're trying to get kids in top schools.

Your teacher only has you for a couple hours a day for a year. Parents are responsible for you for 18 years.

360waves, deuce king and sundoobie like this.
  20. dcallamerican

dcallamerican

LOL @ Back in my day dudes.

I saw a classmate punch the librarian in her chest and leave a Sagat scar. It only happens more because we have cameras.

sundoobie and proper english like this.